11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

You know, having played this a few days I realised how good content it is. It fits. It's fun. It's well-paced.

Just shame for having absolutely no excitement for any given side because it was decided who'd win well in advance.

I think these two events could've been a lot better if they were Zamorak vs Bandos and Saradomin vs Armadyl than what we have now.

Oh well, next event I guess. I don't think either Marimbo or Brassica Prime have a devoted following... well, maybe Brassica Prime. [bleep].

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I really think Monkey vs Cabbage is just going to be either the Easter event or the April Fools thing. Or just a joke.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The articles featured on the Tip.it Times endeavour to change your mind about what side you have picked...

Ready to be (re-)convinced? Go:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=all&date=264

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

With dragon token at 450k renown the event needs to be 45 days for all rewards for both sides to be obtainable (excluding alchemists though you could nvr get enough to make up the difference).

Since phases are 5 days I think 45 seems plausible instead of a strict 42 days for 6 weeks, though 45 lands us on a saturday so if that were the case I'd expect an overrun to mon/tues (maybe even wed) for 47-49 days.

If it's not 45 days+ they gonna get a lot of rants cause even skipping a reward or two (eg warpriest you can get l8r) doesn't make it possible because you need to dragon token for the t3 emote and title.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i am not sure i understand what you a re talking about, you can get the 450k renown in like 15 days by then the last phase gear won't even be out yet. seeing as it costs no renown to upgrade it i don't see your point

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

To get all the rewards, you need to wait till phase 7, where the tier 3 rewards unlock. You thus buy all rewards of god A, but then the hard part starts... You have to switch to god B and have to get 450k renown to get his rewards. And that's impossible, as the event doesn't last 15 days anymore at that stage. So the last emote, the last title and the two armour parts of god B are out of reach, unless Jagex changes something.

There is 2 possible routes to ALL rewards:

1) Stay with god a right through to phase 7 then swap to god b

2) Do god A t1, God b t1&2, god a t2&3 and finally god b t3

Option 2 involves less overall renown wastage. Both options do not leave enough time between phase 7 starting (day 30) and 6 weeks exactly (42 days) to gain 450k for god B to get dragon token. 450k = 15 days work, day 30-42 = 12 days.

The key point is this is for ALL rewards from BOTH gods - 2 sets of warpriest, 6 titles, 6 emotes and 3 abilities.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh wow, I was considering only getting emotes/titles/abilities and leaving armor for posterior gwd hunting, but Sy made me realize that this won't be possible due to the dragon token requiring that much renown, thanks jagex

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I was able to get 40k renown today with the help of the wandering alchemist....

Yea, you gotta use these to get everything.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Or you can focus on getting just the emotes, the titles and the overrides, then get Warpriest/Abilities from GWD after the event ends.

Or... you can just wait and see.

Come on, this is day 5/6 and you people are all assuming the event has a plateau'd renown handout.

Besides, if enough people are [bleep]ing (and it seems like there are) Jagex will "fix" it in due time.

I have no worries I'll get most everything by event's end and I missed day 1.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Come on, this is day 5/6 and you people are all assuming the event has a plateau'd renown handout.

Welcome to Tip.It. This is what we do here. :mrgreen:

When making plans its best to look at what you know rather than what you don't.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Well, yes. But at times we seem to forget that things can (and most likely will) change. It's like the ports thread: within the first few weeks everyone was enraged at the thought of getting full Tetsu at one plate per day.

Well, yes. But at times we seem to forget that things can (and most likely will) change. It's like the ports thread: within the first few weeks everyone was enraged at the thought of getting full Tetsu at one plate per day.

Fair enough. I'm planning to use alchemists to get everything even if it doesn't change. But if it does change for the better I'm all for it