11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

Two things about these ambushes

1. They can happen ANYWHERE. My friend got jumped while doing Tears of Guthix. I thought it was funny, he did not.

2. It seems the more followers in an area the more often they happen. They were going off like crazy during the party

Sig

Wait; what ambushes?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

it does make it rather more interesting in my opinion, however if i get attacked by one while killing tds i will be rather annoyed. more by the fact i have to divert my attention away from the tds, less the fact i might get killed.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

These ambushers are cool but have a couple of flaws imo:

1) They don't give safe deaths - ruins afk and low attention training for the next month-ish

2) They are kinda strong if they spawn on you when your not in combat gear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Everyone is a victim... that's the price of war.

There's a trope for that: it's a good mechanic from a story perspective, it'd be a good mechanic if the game was built around that sort of thing, but as it is, it just isn't very fun to play because of how distracting it is. I mean, Blutters' screenshot makes me think they can show up during boss fights, it'd be kind of bullshit for one of them to stun you when you're supposed to be dodging a hit, or for them to give you a "real" death in the middle of an otherwise safe area. Especially when they went out of their way to make the world event "safe" to encourage everyone to use the best gear they have without risks.

• Like 1

Everyone is a victim... that's the price of war.

There's a trope for that: it's a good mechanic from a story perspective, it'd be a good mechanic if the game was built around that sort of thing, but as it is, it just isn't very fun to play because of how distracting it is. I mean, Blutters' screenshot makes me think they can show up during boss fights, it'd be kind of bullshit for one of them to stun you when you're supposed to be dodging a hit, or for them to give you a "real" death in the middle of an otherwise safe area. Especially when they went out of their way to make the world event "safe" to encourage everyone to use the best gear they have without risks.

Someone in my clan got one INSIDE tears of guthix earlier...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

...I have to ask: what happens if you die in Tears?

You better have a tears token, or a weekly token, else. LOL GF

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Was chopping some willows at the spot between Port Sarim/ Draynor, went to make myself some dinner, came back 30 minutes later, found myself at the Draynor Village lodestone with my three best items. Lost my equipment, which included saradomin warpriest boots which I can never get back again.

Guess what I think killed me <_< ?

22031_s.gif

...I have to ask: what happens if you die in Tears?

You better have a tears token, or a weekly token, else. LOL GF

Maybe get a friend to go in.

Just had an ambusher get me down to half hp (on alt) while I was AFK at runespan for 2 minutes. Luckily I came back to check..

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I so truly hope that these ambushers are now a permanent feature... The death of AFK-scape, how lovely...

You shouldn't leave your computer while logged in, period.

Btw, and correct me if I'm wrong, but "un-siding" with either team Jacob or team Edward (which ever god you're gaining renown for) should effectively stop the ambushes from happening right? Oh I love that they build in a solution to peoples' problems when it's a very unpopular one :D

• Like 1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!