11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

Sorry, Had a major cockup in calculations...

The overall renown surplus is actually only 96k over ther course of the event, and there is a 'waste' of 107.8k between Tier 1 and tier 2

So we are still 11,800 renown short, though that is easily compensated by getting a few alchemist randoms after tier 2 release, or just not buy 1 armor part from either side and get it at gwd

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Correct, both sets of armor costs 1.4x the original cost (1x original and 0.4x being reclaim cost) rather than 2x as it was in BoL

This is true at least for gloves and boots

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Correct, both sets of armor costs 1.4x the original cost (1x original and 0.4x being reclaim cost) rather than 2x as it was in BoL

This is true at least for gloves and boots

Just hope thats intentional and they won't "fix" it

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Knowing Jagex, I expect the unexprected, like the sudden rise of price of a tier 3 item last event... (which made a serious hickup in my planning to get everything).

I think Jagex ramped those prices up to make it roughly take the entire event capping everyday to get everything, so I'd assume the fact things are already at that level is their 'lesson learnt' change going in to this event.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sorry, Had a major cockup in calculations...

The overall renown surplus is actually only 96k over ther course of the event, and there is a 'waste' of 107.8k between Tier 1 and tier 2

So we are still 11,800 renown short, though that is easily compensated by getting a few alchemist randoms after tier 2 release, or just not buy 1 armor part from either side and get it at gwd

So wait, if you buy a Bandosian armour piece, that same piece in Armadylian style is at offer for the reclaim cost, or what? :o

EDIT: ok, can confirm it worls!

So just need to get one piece at GWD, check!

Now, the 8k fragments, this will be tougher... :P

This is assuming Jagex won't increase the renown cap, lower the cost and drastically increase the metal fragment rate like they did last event.

I wouldn't be surprised the final week(s) will have 45,000 renown cap, 5% lower cost and like a 20x metal frag rate as compared to now, if not a permanent metal frag source like in last event.

Heck, they may even add in random metal frags just from building in general or killing other players.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

FYI Node Find fc from bol is now working as an alchemist spotting fc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We've published a guide here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/bird_and_the_beast.htm

If anyone can get pictures of the Golem interface, please post them, it's difficult to get them since the golem is always constructed and you can't access the build interface until it runs out.

Additionally, if anyone has any further special tips and tricks (efficency info, etc.) to add to the guide that would be awesome!

• Like 1

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

You get given a bronze faction token when you begin.

At certain amounts of renown collected it upgrades to silver, gold, rune and dragon.

Each reward has a picture of a token on it.

You need that token (or higher) to buy the reward.

Eg a lot of the currently open rewards require a silver token (unlocked via 31k renown) and some need gold (unlocked at 90k renown)

Having been through Armadyl's dialogue now I feel they have either made a mistake or setup a major twisty nonsense plot point in the lore on elder artefacts/ascension again.

Armadyl says he used 2 artefacts to ascended, 1 being the staff, and that after ascending he led his people to Gielinor to find a new home.

But TWW Guthix etc. clearly states the Staff was on Gielinor when Guthix arrived before all the other gods.

This means we've got 1 of 3 scenarios:

1) They messed up their lore in having Armadyl claim he used the staff to ascend.

2) They are making the language more confusing by having beings not only ascend to godhood but also ascend within godhood (opposed to simply becoming more powerful) - ergo Armadyl was a low god then ascended further whilst on Gielinor with the staff.

3) In a typical Jagex twistathon they have revealed the horn (of the horn, stone and staff guthix said were here) to be Quin's horn only to complicate matters by making is so the staff was not the staff we all assumed it to be.

But on a positive note the lore of this event kind of means we now have an awareness of 7-9 of the elder artefacts.

7th being the other artefact Arma used to ascend he doesn't like to talk about.

8th being the possible twist of a 2nd staff.

9th being how Bandos ascended since his account of events implies he directly left his world as a god it would suggest he has/had one OR that he found some other way to ascend through pure strength that we have not seen before.

If we have hit 9 though it'll be interesting to see how they fit all the other gods in to the equation. I mean Zaros was always a god and by looks presumably so was Seren and if not her relationship with Guthix would've helped her ascend. That leaves Tuska, Marimbo, Brassica Prime, Tumeken, Karamjan god(s) and Fremmnik god(s) with unsourced ascensions (plus any other new ones they throw in the mix) as it'd only leave 3 elder artefacts outside of Gielinor for ascension purposes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What if an Elder Artefact was not required to ascend in the lower tiers of godhood, but is required to get into the higher tiers? This would allow most if not all desert gods to ascend without there being an Elder Artefact present.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What if an Elder Artefact was not required to ascend in the lower tiers of godhood, but is required to get into the higher tiers? This would allow most if not all desert gods to ascend without there being an Elder Artefact present.

But the desert gods mostly do not have to ascend.

Elindis was a water spirit elevated by spending time with Tumeken.

Amascut and Icthalrin were born as demi-gods due to parentage being gods.

Crondis, Het, Scarabas and Ampken are all fragments of Tumeken created when he went to sleep to avoid the edicts so are gods by the power of their whole being a god.

Only Tumeken needs to have ascended for the entire desert pantheon.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Nother option is that armadyl somehow got to gilenor, claimed the staff or just brought the staff with him and brought the avanasies there before guthix came and left the staff in the care of his followers. And was away when guthix brought the other races and went to sleep. In the Origins of gilenor video you can see the floating islands of the clan citadels in the back ground when guthix comes to the world. Since the islands are artificial and held up by rune magic someone must have built them.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Nother option is that armadyl somehow got to gilenor, claimed the staff or just brought the staff with him and brought the avanasies there before guthix came and left the staff in the care of his followers. And was away when guthix brought the other races and went to sleep. In the Origins of gilenor video you can see the floating islands of the clan citadels in the back ground when guthix comes to the world. Since the islands are artificial and held up by rune magic someone must have built them.

Seems unlikely imo since the very same video and all lore states Gielinor was silent, empty and concealed before Guthix found it eg no other races.

Plus whilst 'someone' may have made the floating islands that 'someone' can easily be the elder gods after all they made all the worlds and it is not like we have not seen other floating island worlds - Abbinah is described as being floating island orbiting a core of water and Naragi homeworld appears to be islands 'floating' on roots.

Certainly the Armadyllian floating island for clan citadels seem to be made with magical interference, but not all island of the sort have to be the same. Iirc the Emperyean citadel doesn't show signs of such magics to hold it up and nor does Armadyl's current 'tower' really.

Also if Armadyl had been exposed to artefacts for that long I'd of thought he'd be of a higher tier already, especially as the Stone of Jas was so readily lying around on Gielinor and he'd of had ample chance to mess with that if Guthix had not already come.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

World 27 is turning into quite the battleground with Bandosians making an effort to actually let their caravans succeed...

Armadyl is losing that one...

Request assistance...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Armadyl's lead has been decreasing by 0.20%-0.40% per day, probably due to a combination of overconfidence/laziness because of the massive initial lead and the underdog effort of Bandosians.  Will be curious to see if this does actually change anything, although I do suspect Jagex intended for Armadyl to win, I feel as if he's involved in far more lore and is overall more important than Bandos.  But that's just my two cents.  Not a lore expert.

Refreshing http://www.tip.it/runescape/pages/view/bird_and_the_beast.htm ...the number is decreasing almost every refresh.

are we talking about percentage points, or the actual amount? naturally, as the totals increase, the gap will be relatively smaller when compared to the overall amounts, but the gap itself remaining the same numerically does nothing for the gulf that has to be crossed to reach a stalemate even

8f14270694.jpg

I'm talking about the actual lead, just keep refreshing http://www.tip.it/runescape

Edit: Haha, funny that now when I bring it up, Armadyl's lead is now increasing instead of decreasing.

yeah, i think a graph would be more useful to track the actual trends

the same thing happened in the previous event, zamorak gaining leads when most people were sleeping, however they weren't even close to getting back to something that looked like it could have gone the other way

8f14270694.jpg

To buy certain rewards it says i need 'higher level fraction token'. 

What does this mean? 

You have to right-click your token and select "Check contribution" for it to upgrade though. At least that's what I had to do for both my accounts. It didn't auto-upgrade.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

yeah, i think a graph would be more useful to track the actual trends

the same thing happened in the previous event, zamorak gaining leads when most people were sleeping, however they weren't even close to getting back to something that looked like it could have gone the other way

Precisely. Armadyl will win this, and he do deserve to win this. It makes the event a bit boring though with this huge lead though; I will admit that. Can't Jagex give Bandos some kind of elite troops or something :P?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak