11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

Planning on Alchemists is a fools game.

Node Find fc has been stalking them and manages to find ~6 a day, thats an entire fc dedicated to find them and they only find 6 a day on average.

Factor in they only have 40 charges per alchemist and you need up to 22 of them within 12 days to make up the necessary short falling and its not a good picture.

Also Pingoin no that idea doesn't work - you NEED a dragon token to get the t3 emote and titles; if the event is exactly 6 weeks you CANNOT get a dragon token for god b having bought god a's stuff. No matter what way you cut the cake chasing all rewards the fact remains you have to be with god a up to day 30 when phase 7 opens to buy those t3 rewards and after that happens 12 days does not leave enough time to get a dragon token on god b in order to get the title and emote.

No matter what rewards you drop/ignore for getting later the fact remains for anyone with the ultimate goal of getting all the rewards it is not possible to get a dragon token in 12 days making it impossible to buy most of the t3 rewards on god b.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And how is this a bad thing?

Maybe people aren't supposed to get every single thing they want...

• Like 1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

And how is this a bad thing?

Maybe people aren't supposed to get every single thing they want...

Maybe some people want both for aesthetic purposes, and maybe people have become accustomed to this because of the last event?

Maybe... JUST MAYBE... Some people should by now be used to being disappointed when it comes to dealing with Jagex...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Moltare was asked on twitter if he will "address concerns about getting the dragon token during the last few phases of we2" and he replied "yes, but not before checking some things with the rest of the team on Monday."

source: https://twitter.com/podsiadlys2010/status/412379107763056640

Whether this means he will address it by telling players its intentional and will remain or by changing it idk. 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Moltaire on twitter: "To all concerned re dragon tokens, the phases for shop tier unlocks are becoming 3 and 5 instead of 4 and 7."

Source: https://twitter.com/moltare/status/412547342064435200

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Helring and Moltare, I love you and want to have your babies!

lol, I just keep an eye on twitter and report it. I didn't even ask about dragon tokens someone else did, or I assume multiple people based upon the response. I'm still focused on trying to get him to cancel the God Death.

You'd probably need to convince Ana about that, she is usually involved if it involves someone/thing being killed.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Based on total renown gained, including those you spent.

EG if you gained 31k renown, your token will turn silver, regardless whether you kept or spent that 31k

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Based on total renown gained, including those you spent.

EG if you gained 31k renown, your token will turn silver, regardless whether you kept or spent that 31k

Ah okay thanks, phew, had a heart attack for a second.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

You'd probably need to convince Ana about that, she is usually involved if it involves someone/thing being killed.

Thats kind of why I'm not going to her about this, I don't think I've ever seen her knowingly spare a life. The only end result I can see of trying to lay out to Ana why its unfair is that both Gods die.

It seems things will be tight but not hopeless with changes to phases:

If you do:

God a - Everything t1

God b - t1 (sans ability) & t2

God a - t2 & t3 sans ability on both

God b - t3 everything

It works out to 41.4 days of renown needed, with a 10k wastage getting d token for god a in last stage.

If you do ability with god a for t3 it works out to 44.8 days.

So its not entirely within doable (since wiki calendar suggests we only have 41 days) without a couple of alchemists, but better than it was before phase shifts.

Exact workings for anyone that cares:

God A T1 - Warpiest x2, emote, title, ability

104000 renown required for buying, 90k req for token.

3.4666.... days of work.

God B T1 - Warpiest x2, emote, title

God B T2 - Warpreist x2, emote, title, ability

238,200 item cost, 200k token req

11.4066666... days of work thus far.

God A T2 - Warpriest x2, emote, title

God A T3 - Warpiest x2, emote, title

440,400 item cost, 450k token req

9,600 extra for 450k

26.406666..... days of work thus far.

God B T3 - Warpriest x2, emote, title, ability

381,400 item cost, 450k token req

68,600 extra for 450k

41.406666.... days of work.

If you do ability on god A in t3 you get

545400 total cost reached at 29.5866666.... days

Then god b becomes

276,400 cost with 173,600 extra for 450k token

Making 44.586666... days of work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And once again, the worst case scenario is that you save at least some of the rewards for after the event.

No.

You NEED to the 450k token req for t3 emote and title; even if you skip war priest pieces you STILL have to do all the work to get the token.

All skipping warpriest does is open up renown for use on lamps opposed to war priest pieces you still need the same amount of work for the dragon token to get all the rewards.

If you skip on earlier tiers it equally leaves you short of token requirements meaning you have to do the work anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No.

You NEED to the 450k token req for t3 emote and title; even if you skip war priest pieces you STILL have to do all the work to get the token.

All skipping warpriest does is open up renown for use on lamps opposed to war priest pieces you still need the same amount of work for the dragon token to get all the rewards.

If you skip on earlier tiers it equally leaves you short of token requirements meaning you have to do the work anyway.

Ah, my mistake. I read more than a few things wrong.

It's currently broken for magic, as all the damage comes from spells, and it tries to grab weapon damage... Which is 0.

Also always does 100% damage for range/melee.

QA testing was clearly done

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It seems things will be tight but not hopeless with changes to phases:

If you do:

God a - Everything t1

God b - t1 (sans ability) & t2

God a - t2 & t3 sans ability on both

God b - t3 everything

It works out to 41.4 days of renown needed, with a 10k wastage getting d token for god a in last stage.

If you do ability with god a for t3 it works out to 44.8 days.

So its not entirely within doable (since wiki calendar suggests we only have 41 days) without a couple of alchemists, but better than it was before phase shifts.

Exact workings for anyone that cares:

God A T1 - Warpiest x2, emote, title, ability

104000 renown required for buying, 90k req for token.

3.4666.... days of work.

God B T1 - Warpiest x2, emote, title

God B T2 - Warpreist x2, emote, title, ability

238,200 item cost, 200k token req

11.4066666... days of work thus far.

God A T2 - Warpriest x2, emote, title

God A T3 - Warpiest x2, emote, title

440,400 item cost, 450k token req

9,600 extra for 450k

26.406666..... days of work thus far.

God B T3 - Warpriest x2, emote, title, ability

381,400 item cost, 450k token req

68,600 extra for 450k

41.406666.... days of work.

If you do ability on god A in t3 you get

545400 total cost reached at 29.5866666.... days

Then god b becomes

276,400 cost with 173,600 extra for 450k token

Making 44.586666... days of work.

Not sure if you've seen this or it changes anything but they have a calendar marking when phases change.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/The_Bird_and_the_Beast

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It doesn't; previously tiers unlocked in 4 and 7 which made a lot of wastage, Moltare confirmed they have been tweaked to 3 and 5 which means they unlock before you need them in each case so the numbers are 100% a matter of getting enough renown to buy all (and the excess to get required token in t3) the stuff asap.

That calendar however is what gave the 41 day run time showing that we do in fact need a few alchemists. The 0.40666.... works out to 12.2k and since alchemists give 4-6k thats 4 alchemists maximum required in the next 6 weeks at any time you desire (though obviously only when you have space to gain 6k more energy)

Plv6Dz6.jpg