Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

That's a crazy assumption you have going on there. Truth is, I have done everything on that list. I've killed all the bosses, played all the minigames, got all the usefull rewards, done all the quests. And truth is,content coming out this and for a good part of the last year, just wasn't up to standart with old content. Its only lasting appeal is mindless grinding, and often for fruitless rewards.

The introduction of timed content (weekly, monthly, even anual like the Hati wolf) is a cancer that is spreading too fast. If I pay for a month, I should be able to access the content whenever I want to, and do it however many times I wish to.

The introduction of repetitive grinding like the artisan's workshop and the livid farm, which only add "fake" longevity to the game. Much like these new clan citadels; You grind away for purely cosmetic rewards, and a ring that's barely worth the effort. How much time do you reckon they worked on this?

crossed_body.png

There are plenty of things that you haven't done (judging by your hiscores page) that aren't just repetitive grinding. The vast majority of minigames involve strategy and planning and yet instead people merely grind them for the rewards. The problem isn't the lack of content, it's the player attitude that unless the reward is important, it's not worth doing.

Look at chompy hats, for example. They have no real benefit and yet can be a very enjoyable minigame to do with friends, especially if you do jubblies too. There are large other pieces of deserted content like this, Trouble Brewing is one example, even though 'the stuff' is very useful when brewing, people don't play it because the majority of players don't care about minigames except for rewards.

The actual gameplay doesn't seem to matter if the rewards aren't helpful in achieving max efficiency elsewhere in the game.

10xy5fk.png

There are plenty of things that you haven't done (judging by your hiscores page) that aren't just repetitive grinding. The vast majority of minigames involve strategy and planning and yet instead people merely grind them for the rewards. The problem isn't the lack of content, it's the player attitude that unless the reward is important, it's not worth doing.

So, what do you suggest I do? The only think I can remotely think of is leveling dungeoneering.

crossed_body.png

Look at chompy hats, for example. They have no real benefit and yet can be a very enjoyable minigame to do with friends, especially if you do jubblies too. There are large other pieces of deserted content like this, Trouble Brewing is one example, even though 'the stuff' is very useful when brewing, people don't play it because the majority of players don't care about minigames except for rewards.

The actual gameplay doesn't seem to matter if the rewards aren't helpful in achieving max efficiency elsewhere in the game.

Whilst this may be true, (Trouble Brewing is probably my favourite minigame) there's also ones that are just flat out bad game design. Fun is obviously very subjective but even so, minigames like GOP are just plain boring; the simplicity and basic nature of it just Borders on the mundane.

Not to mention that bots in such minigames are widespread because they take minimal strategy and can be afk'd.

Sylpheed.png

I'm sure there are some people who love games like GOP and hate games like TB because of exactly that, they like the simplicity and ease of understanding to be average, yet that the minigame requires much more understanding (e.g. where to stand, distances, etc.) for you to be good at it.

10xy5fk.png

I quiote enjoy GOP.

Trouble brewing annoys me cause it is just SOOOOOOO needlessly complicated.

Most of the elements and mechanics are random and nonsensical and dont really fit together as a vs game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's a crazy assumption you have going on there. Truth is, I have done everything on that list. I've killed all the bosses, played all the minigames, got all the usefull rewards, done all the quests. And truth is,content coming out this and for a good part of the last year, just wasn't up to standart with old content. Its only lasting appeal is mindless grinding, and often for fruitless rewards.

The introduction of timed content (weekly, monthly, even anual like the Hati wolf) is a cancer that is spreading too fast. If I pay for a month, I should be able to access the content whenever I want to, and do it however many times I wish to.

The introduction of repetitive grinding like the artisan's workshop and the livid farm, which only add "fake" longevity to the game. Much like these new clan citadels; You grind away for purely cosmetic rewards, and a ring that's barely worth the effort. How much time do you reckon they worked on this?

I get what you mean as in 'fake.' such things that you mention are grindfests and lack variation or what I might refer to 'eye-popping' content that keeps you focused. I remember doing livid farm somewhat mindlessly while using my peripheral vision to look and sense the slightest changes for when the plots changed. As for the artisan workshop qell... I havent seen the artisan workshop yet, but from the types on things offered it seems like it has quite a bit of variation.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

284095_10150349731881729_59261801728_9508104_4257852_n.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

firemaking at the ge sucked..

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I hope firemaking isn't ruined :roll:

In the top 2 corners you can see 2 of the new GE 'stalls' (iirc they said there'd be 3). If they both have bankers (which they better), you could just burn from the east to west GE stalls, then bank, and backburn to the east one again.

The new G.E. looks great. Can't wait for the update. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I hope firemaking isn't ruined :roll:

In the top 2 corners you can see 2 of the new GE 'stalls' (iirc they said there'd be 3). If they both have bankers (which they better), you could just burn from the east to west GE stalls, then bank, and backburn to the east one again.

So you spread out the bots to three places and maybe you might be able to see someone else talking?

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

The new G.E. looks great. Can't wait for the update. :thumbup:

^ That. Good that there won't be 1 Central spot for Banking so having 4 I think different places is Good :thumbup:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Well maybe ( me being very hopeful) they will ALLOW familiars in the ge, now that it is spread out , the one reason I say this is because with certain activities I use to have to scurry around the outer edge of the ge to get the Spirit tree with my yak. Lets hope they don't forget that one little thing.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

281846_10150350618576729_59261801728_9518860_4498483_n.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Warrior's Guild clean up maybe, or maybe we're just looking into Sir Ewain's past in terms of where he got his training etc. before joining with the others. (Yes I'm aware he got his training with the White Knights and is later part of the Temple Knights but still, he could have a past at Burthorpe).

There's a rumour that the update is coming in an hour. Is it true?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

so temple trekking update and updated ghasts to match by the looks of things., as well as looking like the swap area in general been upgraded graphically.

Wouldnt be surprised if this (if not jsut all the mini-game stuff) will be paired with shades update and myreque quest

Side note: based on the graphics I wonder if jamflex are gonna slip in graphical update to morytannina, or atleast mort myre, burgh de rott, morton and mierdytch

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue