17-Apr-2007 Wilderness Ditch

007007008plp

erkid"]You should be able to fill in the ditch or build a bridge. Since theres so many complainers about how it "ruined" runecrafting why not. So it means your the only one who can see the path so lurers can't say meet edgeville i'm fletching. Then run into wildy getting lured when you trade them, but you'd getting stopped if you didn't fill it in. Makes sense?

Eactly, if we could just build a bridge acorss it that only we can see; than rcing will retain it's original spped.

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just get a plank the whole ditch is magically bridged up until you choose to break it down (Right click -> Break Bridge -> Confirmation screen)

That is a good idea, nice thinking. But I personally don't see why rcers cant just click one more time, or use the practically unnoticeable second.

KingKnight1.jpeg

Yea, just look at my goal, I think the plank idea would fix it.

Im pissed since I've had to add about 5 hours to my goal to compensate for this change.

dragonmzammyvest,radford4.gif

When this goal reaches 91 I will have a purple p hat, to figure out how much I've gotten off it so far just times 150 mil by my precentage of the goal.

radford4.gif

Yeah, apparently the wilderness begins a tile AFTER the ditch, so if you're running out of the wilderness, you're still in a safe zone even if you haven't jumped the ditch yet.

Actuall, i explored the entire wilderness ditch ( well, the f2p parts) and it depends on where you enter the wilderness.I personally think this is a great additon. This will keep down the luring of newbs. As for people who complain about Rc, if you don't want to get pked, just go do it old fashion way.

"In life, if you want to win, you must make everyone else fail" ~ me

Yea, just look at my goal, I think the plank idea would fix it.

Im pissed since I've had to add about 5 hours to my goal to compensate for this change.

Considering how much time you are already going to spend, 5 hours is barely anything.

Overall, I think this was actually a good update. Two more seconds per runecraft run is barely anything, and the few extra clicks will easily be grown used to after a few days.

Everyone on this thread is gona hate me for this, but i think it actually make rcing FASTER. I timed myself, and i got like 1:20. normally its like 1:30... i think the area that you jump over makes up for the amount of time that it takes to simply run over it, like it was before.

if anything, this changed about 1 sec, which im not too woried about concidering you can always have a bad day in the abyys (getting several far-away-from-rift-alter-things). and hey, no more people wine ing about getting lured!

they also made the wildy smaller :?

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

Wednsday April 25th -

We have updated the wilderness so that in combat; both players must accept the attack. We have also Removed teleblock, and reduced ice barrage's freeze time to 1 second.

In other news, The dragon dagger has been removed from the game, and the combat levels of all monsters have been dropped 30 combat levels.

We have also added 56 more ditches, one for every level of the wilderness, please be aware, there are now 3 confirmation screens before you may jump the ditch.

Happy scaping!

EDIT: Due to recent issues, multi-combat areas have been removed, and clans are now a violation of rule 15

Lmao.

I don't believe it was a bug. The wilderness has been that way for 6 years, most people do seem to have the hang of it - big sign, little numbers ahhh, I'm in the wildy.

The issue is that they are not trying to improve the community in an effective manner. Luring, quite rightly was made against the rules, but improving the community would punish the wrong-doers (i.e. Lurers) not those who play the game within the rules (i.e. Abyssal Runecrafters).

I am "ranting" about a slow skill being made slower for no good benefit. I'm sure that the mentally challenged who lost out to lurers previously will find a suitably brainless alternative to lose their belongings and whinge about.

Amen. If you're too idiotic to know you're in the wilderness when you get a SIGN, why the hell would a ditch make a diference, in fact, I think a sign that says "Hey buddy, you're entering the WILDERNESS." is far more effective than a ditch. <_<

I predict Jagex's next update to be as such:

---

Would you like to enter the wilderness?

*Clicks yes*

Are you sure?

*Clicks yes*

Positive?

*Clicks yes*

You do realize what you're agreeing to, right?

*Clicks yes*

So you understand?

*Clicks yes*

Then you may proceed.

*Enters wilderness*

Lol!

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

I don't think it's such a big deal, yeah it annnoying for rc'ers but you'll only lose a bit of time. My problem is that it LOOKS ugly. The north side of egdeville has been ruined. They should've made something better, like Rodyle said, a river would be good. >_

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

Wow, nice update against luring :thumbsup:

But now I'm definitively NOT going to Rc. This killed RC :uhh:

RC is soooooo deeeaaddd

ouch. another click...my life is ruined...

oh well, lower pure ess prices + higher nat prices=me more rich :thumbsup:

Thank you.

=D>

The thing that annoys me about it is the story of how the ditch came to be - It was dug. At least attempt to make it believable - say an earthquake occured and make it look more like a crack in the wilderness. It looks awful and could have been implemented much better.

lanthuscg3.png

Wow, this is an unexpected move from Jagex. This is a really controversial move...

I have mixed feelings about this update, it is a good/bad update. The way we PK has now been changed drastically (low level wildy wise). Nature rune prices are probably going to go up...

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Wednsday April 25th -

We have updated the wilderness so that in combat; both players must accept the attack. We have also Removed teleblock, and reduced ice barrage's freeze time to 1 second.

In other news, The dragon dagger has been removed from the game, and the combat levels of all monsters have been dropped 30 combat levels.

We have also added 56 more ditches, one for every level of the wilderness, please be aware, there are now 3 confirmation screens before you may jump the ditch.

Happy scaping!

EDIT: Due to recent issues, multi-combat areas have been removed, and clans are now a violation of rule 15

Instant classic!

However:

I really like the ditch update, because I don't really find it more slow than how it was. (only about 2 seconds slower for me, max) And I like how you can now clearly see were the wilderness line goes. The only thing that annoys me is that you can get from edge to the monk's hang out without entering the wilderness. Oh well.

As the wilderness is now CLEARLY outlined. It is time for JageX to make it more dangerous!

At least lets hope so.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Yesterday, I have gotten 65 Runecrafting.

Made aproximatly 1200 nature runes after the update occured. And I was quite suprised. The ditch wasn't that bad. I even kind of liked it. Yes, it is an extra click. But I like the extra click and the emote it does. It isn't that bad. And you cannot be lured. I like that!

It did not kill runecrafting, It killed luring! Runecrafting just became a tad less boring when walking. (the abys part is fun :twisted: )

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Yes, the Ditch is more beneficial for those noobs who complain about being lured and attacked, I mean, it's their fault. If they're so close to the wilderness or fall for someone's trap, that is their own fault. Now, us runecrafters have to pay the hefty price. It's not like it's a major time constraint now to runecraft, however it is definatly more tedious.

Recently I began runecrafting 100k nats, of which im 8% done with :XD: and with this update, it will seem like even longer. Sigh, jagex doesn't seem to think things through sometimes.

~NOA

night_of_arc.gif

't was a good update, no more luring and more clear where the wilderness starts.

And runecrafting nerfed? I don't think so.

The time it takes to run 3 or 4 squares is nearly the same as what jumping over the ditch takes (the ditch does not take extra 1-2 seconds imo, maybe 0.28 secs) and when you jump over the ditch you don't use your run energy = you save money if you use energy pots/ you can run more when rcing.

And seeing what we've gotten in the past months, I think a little "nerf" was required: Spotty capes, penance gloves and operate glory. It's not like runecrafting isn't the best money making skill in the game anymore ::'

't was a good update.

The ditch seems unnecessary since you now have to click "Enter Wilderness" to get into the wilderness.

First the Knowledge Base update, now the wilderness ditch - is the RS community really this stupid and naive that Jagex has to waste a week of updates to cater to them in such a superfluous way?

't was a good update, no more luring and more clear where the wilderness starts.

And runecrafting nerfed? I don't think so.

The time it takes to run 3 or 4 squares is nearly the same as what jumping over the ditch takes (the ditch does not take extra 1-2 seconds imo, maybe 0.28 secs) and when you jump over the ditch you don't use your run energy = you save money if you use energy pots/ you can run more when rcing.

And seeing what we've gotten in the past months, I think a little "nerf" was required: Spotty capes, penance gloves and operate glory. It's not like runecrafting isn't the best money making skill in the game anymore ::'

't was a good update.

't is still annoying and inconvenient.

77yLQy8.png