18 September 2007 - The ZMI Altar

Jeffery

Can anyone who is a higher level RC (say 70+) give us some idea of how many of what runes you get after say, 5 or 10 runs?

Thanks. :)

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore black dhide, boots of lightness, spottier cape, and turned auto retaliate off. Took minimal damage, as I ran through. It looks like the Crafters attack in Range, Melee or Mage.

With 3 pouches I got around 750xp, which compared to about 370 xp per Nature loads of the same amount of ess it is definitely worth the xp.

I might do it just to get to level 75 RC so that I can use the giant pouch on Nats.

Well of course, how else would they attack? XD

Hopefully this won't ruin rcing. It's a skill I like. Just off to try it now.

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

It's all about the exp, really. Pure ess price should go up. :-w

No it shouldn't. This isn't an awesome way to rc and barley anyone mines ess unless autoers so it hurts rcers at some point.

*cough* I mine ess :anxious: *cough*

C1Geq.png

Update looks good, but training RC this way still doesn't make me want to train it. Having to deposit all the multiple runes in the bank afterwards is a bit tedious and don't forgot pouches need repairing, which means you have to go to the abyss for that. Actually going through all the Zamorakians is ok, they do little damage.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Even law crafting on worlds like 66 may lose people if the xp rate is comparable, since they wont lose as much money.

Darn, there goes my fast free laws. Oh and one quick question, do you still need the seal of passage to bank on lunar island if you've completed the lunar diplomacy quest?

Nope. You can bank with the pirate navigator (from the ship journey) in the bank without a Seal of Passage.

Edit: You must complete the second Lunar quest to be able to use 'Bird's Eye Jack' as a banker.

I'm yet to try this new altar, but I do hope getting 75 Runecrafting was worth it..

Anyone with 75+ want to share with me how good the runes you're getting are?

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Jamesjeffery, I've put in a request already for this to be put in the "RuneScape News" forum area. With all the discussion that's happened so far, I hope it gets there, because having 2 of the same thing would be pointless.

[update]

On another note, I'm glad to see the bugs in RuneScape are being fixed. Non-moving chat heads just don't have the right feel to them. :P

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I don't like it, it seems good and all but the chances of getting bloods/souls can't top the price you would get from over all crafting natures with pouches

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Can anyone who is a higher level RC (say 70+) give us some idea of how many of what runes you get after say, 5 or 10 runs?

Thanks. :)

~q

Well I'm 99 RC and here's what I got from 4 runs:

4a54a25386.png

The astral and law amounts are a bit off as I was using some I had already to teleport, but it gives a good general idea of what you get at the top end of the skill.

It's certainly nothing amazing, but I really think the intention of the update was to give people a faster way of training RC without wasting lots of money and relying on other people (runners). If I'm not mistaken this can gain you similar amounts of XP to working at the Fast Free Laws company AND gains you a small amount of money (not a large amount, but it's certainly better than losing money! :P).

The update itself is useless to me, I don't intend on "training" RC anymore, I do a couple of hours in the abyss crafting natures every now and again but now I'm passed 99 I don't care about my XP/Rank.

It is, however, nice to see they're trying to make the skill a bit more popular, I just hope it doesn't make my cape a common sight :(.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

At the runecrafting level of 87 I find this update a very welcome one.

I can get almost twice the exp I would gain by crafting natures through abyss. Of course the profit is not that great, but it's still something. (About half the profit I'd make with nats.) Plus it's free of PK'er annoyance!

So, bottom line: Half the profit, almost double the exp. I think I'll do this until I'm 91 RC. After that point the profits of nature crafting surely surpass the pros of ZMI.

basically jagex has created a middle ground in terms of runecrafting exp.theirs the

high risk high profit of abyss

the middle of the road break even with only the risk from the mages and rangers of teh zmi alter.

and theirs the slow but very safe method of running back and forth the alters.

i like middleground a lot which is why if i decided to get a few runecraft levels ill be using the zmi alter.i just need afew alochs for 71 mage first :D

tifsdac6mc.gif