Gold Farmer's Life

TeamBloody

I was reading around some chinese rs forum and find a chinese gold farmer writing his story. This is a long long story and I try to translate it:

'All the Jagex Staff are just mad and stupid' is the impression I have after several years of operations. The 10 Dec updates have already shown that how stupid they can be -- By seeing how they rip off all the rs players for killing us.

I had been working as a gold farmer for almost 2 years. I worked like 12-16 hours per day but only got paid an avarage about US$187 per month (in a condition that the accounts are not being banned). I had had so much feelings towards my job but just too busy to write them out. However, now I dont need to play rs anymore but have to seek for some other jobs.

One of my best main is a lv92 cb (84 mage, 82 range, 68 prayer...) with a total lvs of 1369 and 157 quest points. I spent 6 months and of caz with 6 months membership fees and agency fees on it. And I also remember on the day Jagex had it banned, it was having more than 200M in it and just after a week of being banned, all market value of those stuff had increased by 100M.

The life of gold farmers contains so much risk. The 1st time my account got banned was on March 2006 lossing 10M+ of stuff. During June an account containing 46M+ also got banned by Jagex. During that time, 1M could sell for about US$ 6. During the year of 2007, Jagex also banned my accounts like hell which included a 100M+ account on March and a 200M+ account on August. On November, Jagex banned my 4 biggest accounts within 16 days and made my lost all my income in that month.

During 2006 in the months between march to june, I used the atuo clickers to create some auto buying bots. This resulted in massive amount of accounts being banned again and I never tried it again. And soon later, even there are people selling some auto progarms such as auto yews chop, auto loster catch and auto buyers, I had no more intend to buy them caz I dont know Jagex to ban too many accounts of mine. Now, everything is over because of those marco people and the nut Jagex.

I will say 'All over' means gold farmers cant make any money and normal players also quit runescape as well as the game is now ruinscape. This game will also be done soon in the future.

By my 2 years experience of playing old runescape, I find that its fun is mainly from: merchant, monster hunting, qesting, pking and barrows. sometimes I felt cool when going into the general store and looking on the players' stock. However, can you tell how much fun are remained in this game??

To be continued....

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear it ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ why should rich Joe be able to buy his 200k yews/Barrows set/mask set etc for real money, when average Joe canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t?

Gold Farmer does not care about the effects on other players in this game, he cares about getting his $187 pay each month.

Interesting, but there is already another thread like this.

Anyway, I could not care less who is behind that gold-farming, Mod Edit: Inappropriate language. Q.V. Tip it Modeating, carpet-munching machine that is real-world trading, but rather about how soon they burn in hell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Well that's what you get pretty much if you break constantly break multiple rules...

I think you are missing some big concepts here. You're talking about rules that people are breaking? He's talking about trying to live. Incase you don't get the big picture here, most adults can easily make $200 in a day. Not $180 in a month. Breaking rules isn't the big ussue here.

After years of seeing the game get ruined by bots (RSC shutting down to the public, changes in rs2 over the years), I eventually turned bot hunting into a sport, with the knowledge and hope that every bot I got banned was one more hit against some leech getting it's next meal or funding that college it was going to go to.

And yes, I do value Runescape and the integrity of Jagex more than the welfare of a human being who wishes to profit off of fraud.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well that's what you get pretty much if you break constantly break multiple rules...

I think you are missing some big concepts here. You're talking about rules that people are breaking? He's talking about trying to live. Incase you don't get the big picture here, most adults can easily make $200 in a day. Not $180 in a month. Breaking rules isn't the big ussue here.

I dont know were you live lol 200 a day? lol I make 280 a week lol thats 5 days a week at 7 an hour 8 hour days, thats before taxes.

Sirhappy2002.png

I dont know were you live lol 200 a day? lol I make 280 a week lol thats 5 days a week at 7 an hour 8 hour days, thats before taxes.

But you're making 10 times what the farmer is making AND he works twice as long as you do...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Actually it is...

No matter how poor you are, you know very well that you have a job which involves illegal activities or not... And usually those jobs aren't the ones with a high security on it, you know you can be out on the streets within the hour...

$180 a month for doing this kind of thing is still 5 times better then the parents of these chinese kids are making farming REAL crops... This goldfarming is considered a relativly high paying job in China, thats why so many are doing it...

They have a choice you know, China's economy is booming out of every proportion you can think of, jobs are all around... But if you choose to sit behind a computer for 10 to 12 hours a day, playing games, working for someone who sells geepee online, you know you cant sit there forever...

As I said to so many people in my life, get a REAL job... One that you can later have the guts to tell your kid about... "My daddy plays games all day to pay for my school"...

nuff said...

PS: If you're curious of what that %age of unemployment means, look your country up on this ranking list.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

As I said to so many people in my life, get a REAL job... One that you can later have the guts to tell your kid about... "My daddy plays games all day to pay for my school"...

nuff said...

"My daddy can beat up your daddy!"

"Yea well my daddy says he'll OWN your daddy in the wilderness anyway, noob, and that your daddy can't wear rune armor because he's a noob!"

*Child #2 gets beaten up by every student/teacher/principal/bypasser within a two mile radius*

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

the point to your post?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

And this, people, is the grand misconception about RWT and how to combat it.

It's always been something that people failed to consider (well, most people anyway) when talking about RWT -- would the rules really matter if you were starving? The answer is pretty obvious, if you asked around: Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

Honestly, what Jagex had to do in order to save its own game was something of a necessity. It's difficult to consider both sides of this argument, but what can you say? I'm sorry the poor guy is out of a job, and I'm sorry that people like him are suffering in poverty, but what's a community to do...sit by idly and let RWT ruin the game, or let them exist and cause even more havoc to the game?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I was laughing my head off while reading that.

I just wish I could of been there to see the expression on their faces when they read the announcement that they were all out of jobs. :)

Yes I understand it's almost impossible to find work in China, but I'm not going to pity people that decide to commit crimes to make their money. All of the members accounts of gold farmers were payed for with credit fraud and stolen credit cards. So screw them! They deserved it.

But you're making 10 times what the farmer is making AND he works twice as long as you do...

I wouldn't call this working...- he's playing!

Man i wish i could play video games and make money!

I was laughing my head off while reading that.

I just wish I could of been there to see the expression on their faces when they read the announcement that they were all out of jobs. :)

Yes I understand it's almost impossible to find work in China, but I'm not going to pity people that decide to commit crimes to make their money. All of the members accounts of gold farmers were payed for with credit fraud and stolen credit cards. So screw them! They deserved it.

doubtful, ill agree jagex stated some are stolen. but i have a hard time believe the... hundreds of thousands of autoers whom played this game within the last few months(years perhaps?) were all/majority from a stolen card. the majority being from stolen credit cards, i could seriously believe, but "majority" meaning like 90% seems extreme, say 60% maybe id buy that.

I wouldn't call this working...- he's playing!

Man i wish i could play video games and make money!

grinding on green dragons all day is not appealing to me, people of a much lower combat lvl must be proportionally as boring, well maybe not must.

but, hell thats alot better then a job i once had @ a plastic bag factory... jesus, first day i thought i was going to lose my finger.

It's always been something that people failed to consider (well, most people anyway) when talking about RWT -- would the rules really matter if you were starving? The answer is pretty obvious, if you asked around: Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

Honestly, what Jagex had to do in order to save its own game was something of a necessity. It's difficult to consider both sides of this argument, but what can you say? I'm sorry the poor guy is out of a job, and I'm sorry that people like him are suffering in poverty, but what's a community to do...sit by idly and let RWT ruin the game, or let them exist and cause even more havoc to the game?

Did you just say what I think you said?

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Its a simple thing

jagex as a company has to preserve its game for the mass players, this means inforcing the rules. Rules whihc gold farmers break. If they don't want to lose thier income they shouldn't make it by breaking rules of a game.

Sure its bad they are in poverty, but at the end of the day it is up to them to work at it to find a job to support themselves and it is up to thier government to find ways for dealing with poverty.

I mean no-one would post any of this stuff about "yes but jagex should of let them cause now they will starve" if they thought gold farmers were sitting around in rented apartments or motels somewhere in the usa or uk. They'd just think it was their own fault and they should get off their [wagon] and do some work. Conditions in china are [cabbage] and poverty like atm, but equally $187 in china goes alooooooooong way compared to $187 in america.

So in summary:

Jagex did the right thing to save and preserve thier game rules.

The gold farmers, though in poor conditions, should not be aided by allowing them to do wrong.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are probably better ways than destroying your game to stop people from destroying your game. That might just be me, though.

whatever pleases the zombified skillers...

There are already a post like this one, but thank you for posting this anyway. Sure you get another perspective on gold farmers after you have read something like this.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Glad to know that the limit stopped them.

Lets put it this way.....

If someone robbed your house just to 'make a living' would you say "Hey he's trying to live who cares." No you won't your gonna go to the police and want him caught.

These gold farmers are stealing from Jagex.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Glad to know that the limit stopped them.

Lets put it this way.....

If someone robbed your house just to 'make a living' would you say "Hey he's trying to live who cares." No you won't your gonna go to the police and want him caught.

These gold farmers are stealing from Jagex.

Funny how you see robbing a house and cheating on a game as the same thing.

Do you also have the same emotional reactions when you lose items ingame, as when you lose valuable items in real life than? Probably, since you obviously draw parallels between robbing houses to robbing pixels in such a nonchalant manner.

Did you just say what I think you said?

Yes Lime, he sadly did imply, along with alot of other nitwits, that he would rather see some people die in real life (something some of you should learn more about before posting) , than see a multimillion company lose money.

If I could swear here I'd give some ppl a piece of my mind.

I'll tell some of you people something.

If 1 chinese goldfarmer could give me substantial, real evidence, that he was dying in real life. I'd gladly risk losing my character and the hundreds , perhaps thousands of hours spent in the game, to buy $100 worth of stupid RS GOLD, and keep him alive.

Why? Because I'm a human 1st, than a runescape player 2nd. Alot of you are obviously the other way around and its disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

I myself disagree with RWT and using a game in a way its not meant to be.

I also disagree with underage prostitution, but circumstances force people to do things they don't wish to.

Sleeping with an old disgusting hairy man isn't exactly what people dream of doing for a living, but some are forced to. Don't fool yourself into thinking that these people take enjoyment out of playing a game they don't give a rats [wagon] about, for a "little westerner brat" who earns more in pocket money than they do in a month. Maybe if some of you left your protected bubbles in which you live, you'd think twice before coming across as heartless brats who think you know something about suffering and sacrifice.

You can't weigh the human soul on a weigh scale, so stop trying.

Jagex updating the game to combat RWT is nonetheless positive, as it will make the game better. The GAME.

p.s. I hate coming across as some kind of preacher of morals and ethics. I just couldn't help it, after reading some of the reactions here. It disgusted me.