Forum is coming back but :(

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who the hell out of the staff did this?

Which admin isn't on the boards anymore? Not that it matters so much, what's done is done.

Good work Tip.it on getting a forum up and running so quickly and good luck.

Hey folks :)

I have posted a guide made by darkblade986 in the Announcements forum that should help you with recovering old posts/blogs/guides/etc.

Thank you so much everyone for your patience and dedication! It is great to have the forums up and running again and for that we have a wonderful techie administrative team to thank. They have worked so hard over the past few days to restore the forums. There is still a lot of cosmetic work to be done at this point, but I assure you that we're trying our best to fully restore Tip.it to its previous state. We hope that you all will continue to be patient :)

Thank you for sticking with us through this difficult time!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Glad it's back. This isn't the most painful transition though..

We lost much more posts when we went from scapeboard to forum.tip.it quite a few years back.

Well, backstabbers can't kill us. Go tip.it

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

me has a question..... I was reading about the forum on "The Great Tip Pic of 2008", and I have my picture, will there be another forum post for the Tip Pics because I looked around the forum and i can't find the forum for it. Oh, and can you tip it staff please make the deadline for the Tip Pics later than December 1st because of the forum downtime. ty

I'm really sorry that guy backstabbed you guys. I really hope you will be able to recover from it. Our tip it community is large, and we can start all over on the forums if we must. NONE SHALL BACK STAB US AGAIN!!! THIS IS SPARTA!! I MEAN TIP IT!!!!

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

So many good things that were wiped out, all those happy memories, great screenshots, signature avatar ideas, parts of the Tip.It Great Pic Submissions, etc. that existed... *sigh* ... Like a few posters on previous pages, I'd like to know who the backstabber is that committed this heinous act!

On the bright side, this gives new life to anyone with recent major mistakes. Hopefully, they'll never make those mistakes again. (BTW, they know who they are. I'm NOT going around naming anyone here!)

(OT @ Tripsis --- If you see a report marker on your post above me on page 10 of this thread, please disregard. I tried to cancel out of the thing when I noticed there was no usable way to report the odd text I'm seeing in your location section. Unluckily, I encountered a blank page, and had to hop back 2 pages, and for all I know, a report was sent in by accident.)

One last thing... LONG LIVE TIP.IT!!!

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Guest impatience

Thank you for the information.

What a miserable situation.

Well done on getting things working again!

This is such a great site, very helpful information and well set out.

----------------------------

long pause while i try to think of something encouraging and helpful to say.

---------------------------

I'm surprised you guys didn't keep weekly backups.

All of our recent backups were deleted by the person who deleted the forums.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'd love to try to get the morale up and all....but I just realized my blog is gone and I can't find it using the cache things.

So this reeeeaaaalllly sucks.

Like Devnull said - whoever did this needs to go jump off a cliff ASAP.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I'd love to try to get the morale up and all....but I just realized my blog is gone and I can't find it using the cache things.

Strange, I could only find a January version of yours.

You searching "unorclan site:forum.tip.it"?

icecube7.jpeg

Aminds, mods, crewbies, techies; You are all awsome people!

Theres no paycheck in the mail for you, yet you all been working hard to keep guides up, restore forum,save data and keep us anxious users informed on the progress.

I have a pretty good idea who the moron is who did this to our forum :shame: - lets show that monkey that we are not devastated about his sabotage by making this new site ten times better then the old one =D>

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

At least we can enjoy the new forum type now!

I made the blog like the same day that the forums went down....

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I made the blog like the same day that the forums went down....

If it makes you feel any better, I almost finished re-coding your guide =)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

me has a question..... I was reading about the forum on "The Great Tip Pic of 2008", and I have my picture, will there be another forum post for the Tip Pics because I looked around the forum and i can't find the forum for it. Oh, and can you tip it staff please make the deadline for the Tip Pics later than December 1st because of the forum downtime. ty

I'm really sorry that guy backstabbed you guys. I really hope you will be able to recover from it. Our tip it community is large, and we can start all over on the forums if we must. NONE SHALL BACK STAB US AGAIN!!! THIS IS SPARTA!! I MEAN TIP IT!!!!

Yes! :) The Tip Pic 2008 is not a staff project but I will get it back on the forum with in the week. :) As far as the deadline, December 1st was an approximate date. Odd's are however that the date will be close to that. :o The reason being is that we need time to get it all packaged up with a background and border's and small additions. :)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!