Forum is coming back but :(

I... Have... To... Make.. A... new... Blog... OMFG... :cry:

TBH I might quit Runescape and tif now. Thanks a lot! >:(

This is the rant section right? So I'm going to rant for a bit!

WTF!!! I was finally getting things going here. Participating in the discussions and really enjoying my time spent on this forum. Unlike the RSOF, you people here are more mature and pleasant to deal with (I swear the entire RSOF is swarmed by people under the age of 11). Goodbye Dark Squall post. Goodbye RS Blog. I worked hard to get that up and running and now...I think I am going to abandon it.

I want the name of the Traitor! GIVE US HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!

~Ixindor~

Use the Google Cache. The crew already explained to how to get backups of your blogs and stuff. I already restored the SOTW from a backup.

For example, just search: "rocky keane blog site:forum.tip.it".

icecube7.jpeg

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y_anima"]nice that its back but can we select this version and out old version of tip it like high and low detail on rs because this new design and the fact we cant change colours sucks tbh >_<

Then suggest a style. :)

Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Firefox users can also download a cache viewer.

Anyway, good to see the forums are back even if they are a little bit battered.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

It'll take me a while to get used to the new forum lol. awesome job though. Its sad that we lost so many posts. I had a thread that had several hundred posts and it died down to 160 =(

and the smilies died? noooooes. I am a fan of the offtopic boards and so many of their discussions are gone now. its gonna take a while to get back up but hey, tipit survived hackers before, it survived dear members deaths, it can definitly survive something like a rollback. We'll lose a few angry members, we'll have some hurt feelings, but hey, the guy who bs'ed us might have actually helped us upgrade the forums. had we upgraded normally (having the staff purposely take down the forums for a few days to upgrade) hurt feelings would have gone to the staff itself for an "unnecessary change" and people would complain about the new layout. at least this bs'er provided us with a scapegoat =)

random question: if someone made a tif account within the last 2 months, would the account be erased because of the rollback? that would seriously suck.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

It'll take me a while to get used to the new forum lol. awesome job though. Its sad that we lost so many posts. I had a thread that had several hundred posts and it died down to 160 =(

and the smilies died? noooooes. I am a fan of the offtopic boards and so many of their discussions are gone now. its gonna take a while to get back up but hey, tipit survived hackers before, it survived dear members deaths, it can definitly survive something like a rollback. We'll lose a few angry members, we'll have some hurt feelings, but hey, the guy who bs'ed us might have actually helped us upgrade the forums. had we upgraded normally (having the staff purposely take down the forums for a few days to upgrade) hurt feelings would have gone to the staff itself for an "unnecessary change" and people would complain about the new layout. at least this bs'er provided us with a scapegoat =)

random question: if someone made a tif account within the last 2 months, would the account be erased because of the rollback? that would seriously suck.

THe smilies will be back. Lots of bugs are being fixed. A good place to kinda of get an idea of what is going on is in the forum updates & suggestions forum. It has post for style suggestions and what bugs are being worked on. You say that we were hacked... Tip.it is very secure and was backstabed (with a chainsaw). Yes there will be some angry but truth be told that is what makes tip.it different. We have mature users that are loyal. And yes it seems like it was a major kick in the butt to get upgraded.

And yes on the account question. :/

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yeah I created my acc like 5 days under 3 months ago :roll:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Firefox users can also download a cache viewer.

Anyway, good to see the forums are back even if they are a little bit battered.

Oooh, never knew they had that Add-on. Sweet, thanks.

icecube7.jpeg

y_anima"]nice that its back but can we select this version and out old version of tip it like high and low detail on rs because this new design and the fact we cant change colours sucks tbh >_<

the old tip it forums where we can change colours and when u click submit it comes to a borken page >_<

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Google Cache is indeed a useful tool. However, there are several important things.

1. Google does not cache everything. Since Google does not crawl the forum every second, it won't cache a thread as soon as it is created. Therefore, some threads, especially the most recent ones, may not be cached. Also, Google can only cache what is publically accessible. Therefore, Google cannot cache threads from private forums.

2. Cached pages don't last forever. Unlike the Wayback Machine, Google does not keep such pages permanently. Google seems to retain only the most recent version of a cached page. If Google finds out that a page no longer exists, it will most likely delete the cached version. Therefore, if you are doing backups via Google Cache, you should save the pages to your computer as soon as possible.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Google Cache is indeed a useful tool. However, there are several important things.

1. Google does not cache everything. Since Google does not crawl the forum every second, it won't cache a thread as soon as it is created. Therefore, some threads, especially the most recent ones, may not be cached. Also, Google can only cache what is publically accessible. Therefore, Google cannot cache threads from private forums.

2. Cached pages don't last forever. Unlike the Wayback Machine, Google does not keep such pages permanently. Google seems to retain only the most recent version of a cached page. If Google finds out that a page no longer exists, it will most likely delete the cached version. Therefore, if you are doing backups via Google Cache, you should save the pages to your computer as soon as possible.

Exactly! Can't stress this enough. :) I have a feeling it is being updated now though. When you look at the "who's online list" it has one named google[bot] and yahoo[bot]. =P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Lost a good 400 posts off my post count, plus lots of other stuff. Kinda sucks, but atleast we're back up and running.

Thanks to the staff who worked so hard.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Out of curiosity what has happened to the posts in the various sub-forms that seem to be missing? Be a shame to have the entire VG&C (including a nearly 200 page WoW thread >_<) gone.

At least the forums are back.

I don't like this new setup though. That's probably because I don't like change much.

btw, can we get Hide tags back?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I can't tell what's sadder: that I lost a thousand posts or that I can't think of any among them worth saving :lol: .

Well, good job and all. Guess it really sucks how many people in this world are scum -_-.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.