Your favorite book/book series

IeatWindex

My favourite book (series)...MINE!No,wait sorry its not done yet...I quite like the DragonLance Chronicles.And the Naruto manga...but I can't find one that isn't chinese any more =(

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top series are Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire, followed by Ender's Game/Shadow, His Dark Materials, Discworld, and Dune. I don't really have a favorite book, I love them all equally. :thumbsup:

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

*inheritance cycle

*harry potter series

*pendragon series

*percy jackson and the olympians

*septimus heap

*artimis fowl

*the ranger's apprentice

*the last apprentice

I also really enjoy 6/8 of your choices.

My favorite has to be pendragon tho.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

My favorite book is The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour. It's pretty much about a guy trying to find his father, set in 12th century Europe and the Middle East.

My favorite series is The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. The story follows the life of a boy named Eragon, who becomes a dragon rider and joins a rebel group called the Varden, and proceeds to help them battle the Empire. (the third book is scheduled for release on the 20th of September.)

Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, has been mentioned a couple times. I'm really hoping that last book will still come out, despite is death (RIP). It's an amazingly detailed and well-written series. The Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse series by Stephanie Meyer is also really great, as well as the Inheritance trilogy by Christopher Paolini. I just checked out the alagaesia site btw, and the last book is coming out in three months! I didn't know that, and now I'm really excited. :D

Blakdragon39.png

Dear God I have read alot books listed here O_o.

But my Fav series has to be the "Twilight" Series, I started when I picked up a book called "Crespusculo" and then I figured out there was an English Version (I figured it out when I was half way through, So I read Twilight completly in Spanish)(Native Language is Spanish and I bought that book from a Mexican Bookstore >.<) I alread read "New Moon" and "Eclipse" In English. I hope they make a book From Jacobs point of View, They are making one from Edward's Point of View (I think it's "Midnight Sun"), FINALLY Twilight Series from a Boy's Point of View, But I prefer from Jacob's point of View. Can't wait for the next book in the Series "Breaking Dawn"

The "Artemis Fowl" Series was my Fav in Middle School. Scinece Fictiony story of a 12 Year old Rich Genius on who Mangaed to Capture a Fairy. And the Magical people wish to get that Fairy back.

Favorite I HAD to read in Middle School was Probably hmmmm "House of the Scorpion" was a fairly good story of a Kid named Matteo who was a Clone of a great I think drug king who was getting very old, He raised Matteo but Matt did not know that the Old Man plan to use him incase one of his Organs Fail. So he decides to run away.

In 9th Grade the most Fav Book I HAD to read was Probably.... "Bless Me Ultima". It's just kinda of a Sad Story.

Finally now I had to finish a few books for English but my Fav that I HAD to read was "The Great Gabsy" or "1984"

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I just went digging through my book crate (My bookshelf was too full so I bought a jumbo storage bin), and I found a few more gems.

1984 by George Orwell. This was a fantastic book about the ever-watchful eye of Big Brother and the thought police. Really a good read, but its a bit of a more..advanced book. It's rather pro-communist, and it does get explicit at times, but overall it's an excellent read. I've read it about 4 times, and each time I get something different out of it.

Another good Orwell book was Animal farm, but I don't feel like posting another description (I think it's pro-communism too though, if that's any help).

His Dark Materials (series) by Phillip Pullman, is a fabulous trilogy. The books are fantasy-themed, starting with the Golden Compass, then the Subtle Knife, and finally the Amber Spyglass. It's basically the story of 2 children who wonder around parallel universes, and face some epic events in their travels. The books are pretty well written, and I enjoyed reading them..Actually planning to re-read them this summer.

The Giver by Lois Lowry. Great book about people in a society who are embracing "Sameness"...basically an anti-utopian theme. The giver is the holder of memories before the time of sameness, and he is passing them down to Jonas, the 12-year-old protagonist. Really a must-read IMO.

I'm going to have to read this Wheel of Time series...Thankfully I live within a 5 minute walk of Books-A-Million, and a 20 minute bike from the Library. Easy access to books, yay!. It better be as good as all you people are saying it is.

Glad this thread came around really. I've been meaning to find some more books to read, and so far I've gotten at least 20 books to read (between series and some individual books, plus some re-reads). Should keep me busy during the summer, and throughout the school year (I often read magazines during class if we have down-time, before class gets started, etc. I can get a good hour of reading in a day, which can be from 10-100 pages depending on the book/magazine). I would much rather read instead of just sit there twiddling my thumbs.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

Books by John Steinbeck---

Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden

Books by Aldous Huxley---

Brave New world

The Island

Another great book is The Last Temptation of Christ by Nikos Kazantzakis

Also a few other fantasy novels---

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss <-------MUST READ

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I've read way too many books to even begin to name my "favorites". I guess I'll start with basics.

Harry Potter is top of the series chain (only because I haven't finished the Dark Tower series)

The Flowers in the Attic series type thing by V.C. Andrews is also up there. It's really creepy, but not ghoulie-type-creepy. More like "OMG how could that happen?" type creepy.

Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King is a really awesome book. It also has my RL name in it,l which was why my older brother gave it to me to read.

Basically, most books by King are good reads. The Stand creeped me out, because when I read it, I was living in one of the towns it described in detail, and it was creepy.

The DaVinci Code was a good book, even beyond the hype of the movie. And yes, as with most cases, the book was 10 times better.

animal Farm by George Orwell was a great book, and a classic. You people should pick it up.

i had a quick skim of the topic and i havent seen anyone mention the foundation series by the grand master, which is a crime

Im sure that has won every literary title ever, because its awesome

apart from that i love the ender series, lotr and where the wild things are (from way back)

NICKELEY102.png

How could you do this to me windex?!?! I can't pick a favorite!

Just to be a rebel I'm going to post some of my favoriteS:

Series:

-Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

-Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind

-Alvin Maker by Orson Scott Card

-Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

-Belgariad/Malloreon by David Eddings (I consider them one series, they have the same characters and I always read them in a row :) )

Books:

-Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

-Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

-Without Remorse by Tom Clancy

-Pyramids by Terry Pratchett

-Redemption of Althalus by David & Leigh Eddings

-Dream Park by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (I think...)

I love fiction, mostly fantasy/sci-fi but I always have time for a Clancy book :)

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png

A list if some of my favorite books would be:

The Redwall series by Brian Jacques

Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (I can't wait for Book 10 \' )

Song of the Lioness series, The Immortals series, Protector of Small series, & Trickster series by Tamora Pierce (I really like her work and can't wait for book two in the Beka Cooper Series. I would highly recommend her books to anyone who likes to read about fictional heroines)

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede

Enders Saga & Shadow Saga by Orson Scott Card

Warriors sagas by Erin Hunter

Gatekeepers series by Anthony Horowitz

Inheritance saga by Christopher Paolini

Tsubasa manga

Other books I also enjoyed are LotR, The Hobbit, Harry Potter series, and Chronicles of Narnia.

I'm currently reading the second book in a series called Leven Thumps.

apart from that i love the ender series, lotr and where the wild things are (from way back)

Where the wild things are ftw. Also, Alexander and the Horrible Terrible No Good Very Bad Day. :lol:

Mel_Kazul.png

My favourite book series are the Boudica series by Manda Scott. It is a fictional tale of Boudica and what she accompanied but it is told in such a way to make it seem real. And a lot of it is based on true facts.

My favourite book is the Black Magician Trilogy. It is technically three books but it's all in one so I count it as a book. Another amazing fictional story, the world of magic, betrayal, fight scenes.

Series... Has to be either the Inheritance Trilogy (yeah not really a series), Twilight and its sequels (YOU NEED TO READ THEM!!) or the Lord of the Rings.

My all-time favorite though would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Favorite genre is FANTASY!!

Also love Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider, Ranger's Apprentice, Sea of Trolls/Land of the Silver Apples, In the House of the Scorpion, the list goes on and on...

-The Edge Chronicles were an awesome series, in the Twig Saga a boy who joins young boy tries to discover who his father was and joins a group called the sky pirates that fly in the air chasing storms and the less.

-The darren shan saga was awesome, enjoyed all 12 books of them dearly :D It's about a young boy who turns into this half vampire and has to travel around with this vampire doing certain things like learning how to become a half-vampire and saving his best friends

-The Inheritance series, everyone knows what that's about

-An old one, A series of Unfortunate events was enjoyed by me as well.

Minimeedude.gif

bucketcopy2fu2.gif

My favorite book would be Twilight, part of a great series.

Since I read constantly, I have many series that I absolutly love. Some of them are Artemis Fowl, Inheritence, Alex Rider, Circle Of Magic, His Dark Materials, Twilight, Tortall Series, and more that I can't think of. I like all of Tamora Pierce's books, and have read them all. I read too much to be honest >.>

I finished the first two books of The Wheel of Time on my canoe trip this past week, and I'm reading the third one now. The Great Hunt was amazing, I look forward to the next ten books if they are half as awesome as that one was.

p2gq.jpg

Tom Clancy's is pretty good, and I am also reading a book called "The Mariachivelli Covenant", which is about some detective in Paris who gets caught up in some intricate string of murders, including one of even politicians in neighboring countries.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.