'NextScape' (MechScape) to launch March 2009

me

English isn't my first language, so I was asking myself what the prefix "Mech" meant? It might be a clue...

Uh, Mechanical? You know, robots, futuristic. It's an attempt to describe an entire game in a prefix.

That means it can't be a sequel to RS2... :wall:

It can definitely be a sequel to RS2. Just a really far in the future sequel.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, they better not make things more female like or incorporate such female aptitudes in the game just to attract more females into it. I seriously do not want Hello Kitty variations RuneScape.

You're so literal. Hello kitties, and pink fluffy dragons won't attract more females to Rs, maybe apart from 6 year old ones. Just look at what 13-18 year old girls do on internet. They play real-life simulation games like second life, they chat, and make deviantart accounts, basically.

Besides what's with the talk "Omg I don't want my game changed for girls", we NEED girls. It's creepy enough that 90% of RS is male =X

So working from there...

-Make characters highly-customizable

-Make areas to just hang out and chat, like the deceased Varrock w1 Moon Inn party

-Modern/fashionable clothes, which shouldn't be a problem if it's mechscape

-Sexy/cute characters

-Some other motivations to play than competition/levels

It won't achieve miracles, but it should help.

2480+ total

Wait, they better not make things more female like or incorporate such female aptitudes in the game just to attract more females into it. I seriously do not want Hello Kitty variations RuneScape.

You're so literal. Hello kitties, and pink fluffy dragons won't attract more females to Rs, maybe apart from 6 year old ones. Just look at what 13-18 year old girls do on internet. They play real-life simulation games like second life, they chat, and make deviantart accounts, basically.

Besides what's with the talk "Omg I don't want my game changed for girls", we NEED girls. It's creepy enough that 90% of RS is male =X

So working from there...

-Make characters highly-customizable

-Make areas to just hang out and chat, like the deceased Varrock w1 Moon Inn party

-Modern/fashionable clothes, which shouldn't be a problem if it's mechscape

-Sexy/cute characters

-Some other motivations to play than competition/levels

It won't achieve miracles, but it should help.

+1 :thumbup:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Goodie. I've given up on RS, so I hope MS is better. The less people there are, the better, IMO.(But if its good at all it'll be packed)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

if it is not a sequel to rs2(rs3?) i wont be playing. if i can't keep my char with its respective stats i will stick to rs2 untill it fades into the 2 servers that rsc is, and even then i will continu playing.

oh and what are they saying that rs2 will ony last 10 years? i has been growing like crazy for a long time now. they expect to just stop?

Y_Z.png

Weve got an infrastructure behind Runescape which is the real silver of the Jagex, the value of the company, said Iddison. Its not the game, the game is going to come and go, he said.

I really miss the time when the game was everything. You know, before they got all big and corporate it was just Andrew Gower, Paul and a handful of people.

Now they don't give a f about the game anymore, it's just about the money. :thumbdown:

Weve got an infrastructure behind Runescape which is the real silver of the Jagex, the value of the company, said Iddison. Its not the game, the game is going to come and go, he said.

I really miss the time when the game was everything. You know, before they got all big and corporate it was just Andrew Gower, Paul and a handful of people.

Now they don't give a f about the game anymore, it's just about the money. :thumbdown:

+1 this realy kinda sucks -.-

Y_Z.png

Interesting... It looks like March 2009 is a month to look forward to. I wonder how much (or little) this new game's going to be hyped; most MMO's tend to build quite a bit of hype as they draw near release, however Jagex seem to adopt the quiet approach about these sorts of things. Things seem to be a little different now Mr. Iddison is in the company though, perhaps we'll get some substantial information about the game before its release.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Soo true, the community & Jagex was soo close back in the days,yo hardly if ever see a person call another a noob.Actually could see Andrew & Paul and say hi and they give you response

They will likely continue with the trend of accounts being universal for all Jagex games, the system which they have got going between Runescape and FunOrb has been innovative and beneficial to FunOrb's growing popularity, and it would be easy to branch it again into the Mechscape worlds. If it was a separate username database then inter-game communications would be too complicated, maybe even impossible, and growth for Mechscape would probably be poor. They've constructed their own spring-board, they may as well use it.

Yes, this is what he means by infrastructure. It covers the engine, server farm, development tools, business and support processes, among other things.

The game is still important, but only to the team assigned to that game. The FubOrb team probably doesn't give a rip about RuneScape (probably not entirely true, as some would have come from the RS team) and vice versa. Each team wants to make their game as good as it can be.

As long as each is different enough to not directly compete on concept (.e.g, 'fishing' for repair parts in the junkyard in MechScape), then they have the opportunity to be quite successful with all 3 brands.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

hmmm.......maybe im gonna ply that game instead :thumbsup:

i wonder what will happen to the runescape fan base. I think people may quit for the new game, and people may (if they dont stop it) do more monotonous skills, like woodcutting, and fishing, while playing netscape on a different window. I know ive done things like that...

I dont think people will quit rs because

a) its a better game (guessing, idk really)

B) they put more work into it

c) the fact that its been around for so long gives it a structure that you cannot copy without being around for just as long.

Runescape..Mechscape..Nextscape?

What's next?

REALScape. :ohnoes:

The virtual RuneScape. (run for your life!)

"Look Out! Here comes Tz-tok-Jad!"

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I personally am glad that Jagex is making several games/platforms. They are growing as a company, and expanding their markets. You guys need to realize that Jagex isn't going to be that informal, small team run by Paul, Andrew, and Constant anymore. They are a real company now with a bigwig CEO and 400 employees. This was inevitable considering the popularity of Runescape.

I think they will be able to develop Mechschape without ruining the Runescape experience. After all, they are developing for FunOrb, yet we still have bi-weekly updates, and a huge graphical update coming our way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally am glad that Jagex is making several games/platforms. They are growing as a company, and expanding their markets. You guys need to realize that Jagex isn't going to be that informal, small team run by Paul, Andrew, and Constant anymore. They are a real company now with a bigwig CEO and 400 employees. This was inevitable considering the popularity of Runescape.

I think they will be able to develop Mechschape without ruining the Runescape experience. After all, they are developing for FunOrb, yet we still have bi-weekly updates, and a huge graphical update coming our way.

And, for once, I think that Jagex have proved that they can deal with two things simultaneously. The fact that FunOrb was a success while still updating Runescape (Graphics update?) shows that Jagex is not diverting positions from one game to another, but they're growing into new areas.

RyderJ, you're too quick to come to conclusions without any evidence to support and plenty of evidence against. FunOrb hasn't detracted from Runescape, so why would Mechscape?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I just hope runescape 2 doesn't become runescape classic to this 'nextscape'.

When RS2 first came out we were told that runescape classic would always be available to those who wished to play it. No doubt they will say the same to RS2 players initially when this comes out.

Jagex are not the kind of company you put your trust into, so I just hope this nextscape doesn't become very popular, because if it becomes a lot more popular then RS2 you can kiss RS2 goodbye.

And tbh I don't want to play a game that will already have lame pvp and trade restrictions before it's even a month old.

I hope runescape classic is added to Funorb either way, I'm getting sick of needing to get members on my main anytime I want to play it.

Zerker_jane.png