Chinchompa Nerf - Good or Bad?

compfreak847

Horriable

Terriable

Completely reckless.

This is the worst news yet. Now I'm not going to make jack sqaut off of the 30k chinchompas I'm going to catch for 99 :wall:

Cuuuuurrrsseee you JaGEx. Now I have a reason to hate the graphics along side the fact that I can't use them :thumbdown:

At least you're still getting fast XP and making money, as opposed to training mining to 99

[/Devil's advocate]

Just would've been nice to sit on 30m after I got 99 for all my efforts.

I'm not sure if you've tried it, but hunting is hard work. After 80+ you're always busy resetting traps.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first read that post (yesterday evening in H&A) I laughed and thought of dark dude's signature. After thinking about it, it is a good thing for ranged. They are making it so other methods aren't completely inferior to chinning. If chinning wasn't something like 5 times better than using knives, this would have been uncalled for; but chinning is just far too good.

The problem is that they completely butchered the only incentive (aside from the cape) to level hunter: money. Every other gathering skill will produce money with decent xp. Mining has granite (30k xp/350k gp per hour). Fishing has monkfish. And Woodcutting has yews. Hunter though is left behind.

Foooman.png

I am going for 99 hunter... ( look at my sig). Even through i won't be able to make money training hunter anymore ( dragon imps are good money but not good for xp), I think if I go for 99 ranged it would be more appreciated, same with everyone else.. which is a good thing. I also think that this makes the game a little harder. Now only if they removed all the x options...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I am going for 99 hunter... ( look at my sig). Even through i won't be able to make money training hunter anymore ( dragon imps are good money but not good for xp), I think if I go for 99 ranged it would be more appreciated, same with everyone else.. which is a good thing. I also think that this makes the game a little harder. Now only if they removed all the x options...

It's not like Chinchompas will become worthless dude :S. I'm pretty sure they'll stay above 500 ea+.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

It's not like Chinchompas will become worthless dude :S. I'm pretty sure they'll stay above 500 ea+.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but that's probably if we're lucky.

I might use them for 99 Range instead

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

Hunter, Smithing, Mining, Crafting, Herblore, Farming, Prayer, Woodcutting, Firemaking... All of these skills need updating to ensure they are not left behind in the dust. These are pretty much skills of the past. All of these are obsolete moneymaking skills.

Can you explain why Farming, Prayer , and Woodcutting need to be updated? Seriously, Farming is one of the best true moneymakers left in the game IF you don't grow trees and grow herbs for major profit.

Well, if you insist.

From 70 prayer until 99 prayer ( a massive 12 million xp gap ) There is nothing new to get, sure it is a combat skill, and hey, higher prayer does help more then a low prayer level. But that's a reward that for me is just not worth it to train an extra 12 m xp over.

Woodcutting, good ol woodcutting. The training method has been the same since years, except the location has changed a tad. The best way to make money of them is by getting lucky with seeds or doing magics, which is tedious and slow.

Farming, well fine, farming is, infact, a fair way to make money. You got me there, but since I'm already ranting I might aswell finish.

Crafting, you have got the fury amulet, and you have got the bolt tips. Black dragonhide has already flooded the market, because of the treasure trails.

Mining, the best thing to mine is rune, the best pickaxe to use is rune. This has been like this since 2005. It would be a miracle if this one wasn't obsolete, seriously.

Smithing, best thing to smith is rune. And since most of the rune comes from treasure trials easily accesable for everyone, this becomes rather obsolete too. The only reason I personally see is to be able to save a million gp or so on assembling a godsword. Or runite bolts.

Firemaking.... :roll:

Hunter, no more real benefit now that MM has been nerfed. Has always relied on one product.

Fletching, the best thing to make is dragon darts. How many of you guys actually use dragon darts or arrows? Definitly needs some new things to make.

Agility, other then the run energy benefit, which I can easily get with a terrorbird special, I don't see any use for training. Maybe saving 3 seconds on my way through the slayer cave.

Thieving. Brilliant training method. No real benefit other then the gem stall at the ardougne market. I loved that thieving was a good way of getting summoning charms, but since its probably unethical to make a skill usefull. Jagex in all their grace nerfed it.

Fishing, we did get monkfish. Good fish for training. Then comes our australian myth, the bunyip, walking into the facility and takes away the use for these. Definitly needs upgrading.

Cooking, you can cook sharks, congratulations. Do you want to buy the raw sharks and cook them, losing money. Or do you want to buy a batch of the OVER NINETHOUSAAAND sharks available in the GE since nobody seems to be using them much.

Surely, you can keep these skills the way they are for the nostalgic value. But I bet nobody would whine if some of these skills got some viable, reasonable, and good updates to them.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Impetuous Impulses is still a good moneymaker. Hunter took a huge hit, but it's still easy to level and you can still use a few chins for Skeletons / mummies / Castle Wars.

I like this, as it will indirectly really help out smithing. There is still a way to powerlevel range far faster than any combat skill - it's called the DWARF CANNON.

This will raise prices for cannonballs substantially; a nice boost as the whole game is currently on a slayer kick. Granted cannonballs are a bear to make, but now smithing has a chance to REALLY bring in some big bucks.

I can't say I'm surprised by this; Jagex has tried to steer players towards leveling combat through slayer for some time. This is another method to keep people from camping at one spot and watching one stat go through the roof.

stormveritas.png

When/if i finally bother to get hunting I will use the chins to get to 99 ranged myself. Anything left over after to sell would only be a bonus.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I made 60 mill gp when hunter came out and just power leveling it to 99 and beyond and most of that profit if not all was because of chinchompas and the discoverie of the skeleton monkeys in ape attoll pushing them to upto 1.2kea :shock:

This is a massive blow to those who leveled hunter for money which isnt rare because its a good money earner but im not sure how much this will affect chinchompa prices.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Just did a trip at mummies using GRAY chins:

-130k/hr exp

-1k chins

-18 Prayer pots (4)

-2 Range pots (4)

-2 Ancient Staffs

-2 Rune Square Shields

-3 Rune Scims

-10 Blue charms

Make of it what you will, just putting it here for interest, nothing more.

JJ_G.gif

^

That's not that bad, any chance could compare that to an average ape atoll trip with red chins? Like what your exp per hour was? And what the exp rate is with red chins at mummies

God, mummies are gonna get crowded.

awesomeaa9.png

Can someone tell me what's hunting usefull for atm ?...

I mean what can you do with it i looked over the rewards part of hunting and there is nothing worth while there...

why so much people insist on being ingorant idiots that don't use brain?

chins will drop, but they will never be worthless because they are few times better then other methods when using mummies..

hunter is usefull as it used to be.

if you insist on it being worthless then runescrafting is worthless aswell, because now you make much less then you used to..

I made 60 mill gp when hunter came out and just power leveling it to 99 and beyond and most of that profit if not all was because of chinchompas and the discoverie of the skeleton monkeys in ape attoll pushing them to upto 1.2kea :shock:

This is a massive blow to those who leveled hunter for money which isnt rare because its a good money earner but im not sure how much this will affect chinchompa prices.

Lucky noob :thumbsup: If only I had finished 99 Hunter last summer #-o

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

i think it's good cause ranged was never supposed to be so easy to train...99 range used to be far more prestigious and chinchompas made the skill BUYABLE no matter how you see it...you can say that the money requires skill to acquire but that does not make the skill non-buyable...

for me i go my 99 range mainly through slayer, ranging mossies/lessers and only used around 2-3k chins which is actually very little exp so i can't say i bought the skill...since i already have 99 range i'm glad they nerfed it so that prices of chins will drop, less people will hunt them, and i'll be able to train hunter more efficiently in future =) i'm not training the skill for cash anyway...there are much better ways of making cash...

and btw to prices of red chins have dropped by 10.8% in the last week so... =D> \' :thumbsup: lol

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

HORRIBLE UPDATE!!!!!!

I just bought 50k chins a few days ago and now they're worthless and won't even sell for minimum on the grand exchange. My freakin fortune that I've been working for 2 years to achieve is down to nothing! I quit this game.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Agility, other then the run energy benefit, which I can easily get with a terrorbird special, I don't see any use for training. Maybe saving 3 seconds on my way through the slayer cave.

I just HAD to point this out.

You DO know what stat Tireless Run uses to decide how much energy is restored, yes?

Tireless Run energy restore = (base agility level *0.5)

...Yeah, how many times MUST I point out this one fact. :wall: -.- :evil:

Need a new signature....perhaps...

HORRIBLE UPDATE!!!!!!

I just bought 50k chins a few days ago and now they're worthless and won't even sell for minimum on the grand exchange. My freakin fortune that I've been working for 2 years to achieve is down to nothing! I quit this game.

Lmao.. dude.. its just a game, who cares if u lose money u can still use them ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I think they will change it back after the beta, I MEAN think about how laggy the game would be for a bunch of corspes to be re-animated thru hd rs, plus shadows, texture and models. Could lag the game up for you and the server.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I think they will change it back after the beta, I MEAN think about how laggy the game would be for a bunch of corspes to be re-animated thru hd rs, plus shadows, texture and models. Could lag the game up for you and the server.

Nah a mod said it was on purpose to balance the skill.

Guess its quite a blow to hunters looking for money, but people survived before the hunter skill came out so i guess we can all survive now...

Unless all the spots get nerfed then it can't be too bad because people will still buy them to use a spots once they drop.

In my personal opinion I dont think there gonna drop much more than -400.

Tbh im all for this update, hunters can still get there exp, maybe a little faster because of less crowds and range isn't so easy to train. 50m getting the skill to 99 is barely nothing now a days because of GWD.

well, all i know is that once they crash and bottom out, ill be in investor's heaven

-oh god, i hope they dont go to aviansies -.-

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]