Chinchompa Nerf - Good or Bad?

compfreak847

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y_anima"]but if prices keep dropping people will find them so cheap to be able to chin mummies with them at the same price as ape atoll albeit longer but cheaper

that's a pretty wide prediction. chins could possibly stay at a low price, and then nobody would touch them and use other methods for training mage.

It's these sort of updates that make me wish jagex would tell people what they're updates are going to be. Although people see chinning as a cheap way to get 99 range, if people have the money and are willing to spend it then what's the harm? I recently just bought 25k chins so am slightly annoyed as that's going to be a big money loss (or exp loss from what I calculated if I use them).

Mummies are still good exp, obv. not as good as MM dungeon but still respectable, anything over 100k an hour is still good exp/hr imo.

I just think that jagex have seen this as a bug fix and not a bug, as they intended it for range not to be a buyable skill.

What's next rock lobsters not multicombat?

JJ_G.gif

What's next rock lobsters not multicombat?

Oh, don't say that, I'm there right now :ohnoes:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This update was quite annoying. I just learnt the most effective spot within the most effective chinning training style. That was a waste of time.. best bit of fun I had in a while too before the graphix update. Learning to optimize the kills and that.

Fair play ergh.. Train ages for no advantage woot.

Its not a total loss though.. I am glad it wasnt the actual chimps that were nerfed. They could of easilly of done that instead. So we still allowed to use them but at a slower rate. I dont think it was necessary though. The balance was the ability of the player and cost. I dont really want 99 so I aint effected much but it was actually quite fun so thats why its annoying tbh. Wont be as fun in other locations as it was there.

Now I got to wait till they are cheaper before I can continue training, not chucking cash away lol.. Another annoyance.

Wait for chins to drop, buy them and a cannon and take it to one of the other spots.

Its not horrible exp its just not as fast as people were used too, it kind of sucks for the people that made money off hunting chins but if too many people stop hunting them because they drop in price and the demand exceeds the supply then more people will start again and hopefully balance out.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

It's good imo, people can still get 100k xp an hour with chins anyway, i think chinchompas will drop a bit, but they wont go lower then 500 for sure.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I feel sad for hunters, But I laugh at rangers. Finaaly it will make you actually train the way you fight, like any other combat skill, make you dust off your msb, fire giants are gonna be crowded -.-

patr1ckotg1.png

I see it as a good, intentional move. One embarking on 99 Ranged would probably be able to quite easily make the money needed to use Chinchompas (i.e. God Wars Dungeon) and get the 99 faster than by other means.

Also, since Hunter already gives such a large amount of Xp/hour, I don't see that you should have to profit that much. The hunters should be happy that they're profiting at all with that massive amount of Xp.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Time to realise 99 range is part of the 52m combat exp you could have gotten from 99 slay (aside from all 3 melees, which is only 39m cmb exp).

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Meh, giant spiders with cheap arrows is a really good way for me, 30k - 45k exp an hour ain't bad at all considering you use cheap arrows and all you have to watch out for is your health \' now to sell the 8k red chins I got from a trade -.- no wonder he was eager to get rid of them lol :lol:

2vuhgcn.png

Ahh, this means that the chin spots will get less crowded though. I liked Hunter in the beginning, but the crazy competition made me turn away from the skill for a long time.

And even though the prices will fall, they'll stabilise at a reasonable point, methinks. Gold diggers will use other methods, which gives less supply for a ranging method that remains to be fun and fast(er), especially if its cost goes down.

So I don't see what the fuss is about, really.

Apparently Jagex doesn't like player thinking and coming up with easier ways to train the skills besides how they want them to. This was clearly in the beginning not intentional, but some very very smart player thought about it, and revolutionized range. There is no reason this shouldn't have stayed.

Btw-as you can tell by my sig I'm not anywhere near high enough level to use chins effeciently, so don't say im just complaining.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

For me it's terrible. I only just 63 hunter purely to catch red chins for profit. I was also going to keep them for a good way of increasing my range (I hate the skill so any way to quickly train it is good by me). But now all the hours I spent on getting 63 hunter are for nothing. Very bad update imo.

UrbanLegend.png

It is a bit of a strange move by Jagex, this method has been around for a long time now and it seemed to have been accepted as just another training method for the rich by most people. What's next? Reducing the amount of oak planks you can use in an hour? Fair enough if Jagex made the change a few days after it was discovered and claimed a bug, but I feel sorry for anyone stuck with a lot of chinchompas now.