Chinchompa Nerf - Good or Bad?

compfreak847

:thumbup: Yes, this is why I never allow updates to determine what I do with large amounts of my wealth. I may take a chance with small amounts, but never risk basically everything.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we risk a huge flood of chins, which will drop the price, or a total lack of buyers because of the un-known fact that it is going to be fixed.

Unknown fact that it is going to be fixed? It went up 34gp today. Do you know why? It involves both the fact that many RuneScapers lack intellect and easy communication. Some less intelligent people who looked on the forums and found the thread missed out on a huge investment opportunity and decided to tell all of their friends, who then told all of their friends, who then told all of their friends, until everybody was aware that it was getting changed, and the demand influxed. Personally I was one of the first to find it.

A perfect investment opportunity gone to waste. -.-

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

Now we risk a huge flood of chins, which will drop the price, or a total lack of buyers because of the un-known fact that it is going to be fixed.

Unknown fact that it is going to be fixed? It went up 34gp today. Do you know why? It involves both the fact that many RuneScapers lack intellect and easy communication. Some less intelligent people who looked on the forums and found the thread missed out on a huge investment opportunity and decided to tell all of their friends, who then told all of their friends, who then told all of their friends, until everybody was aware that it was getting changed, and the demand influxed. Personally I was one of the first to find it.

A perfect investment opportunity gone to waste. -.-

[developmentally delayed]s of the world unite!

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

And we find yet again, another reason to NOT OVER REACT at changes Jagex makes...

I think our reaction is what caused them to change it to be honest.

bought 700 chins the very moment the thread appeared, next G.E update, they rose =] \' 8-)

darn my low amount of money to invest with :cry:

A good 30k profit right there. ::'

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

It took me a little bit, but I got 72k chins at mid price off people, I am keeping 15k of them to throw and selling the other 57k for an approximate 6.5M profit, too bad the guy that was going to sell me another 100k yesterday teled out or I would be at 18M profit :(

Edit: As I made this post I banked from one of my chinning trips and found another 25k+ sitting there in ge box :D

The bad thing is that hunter is dead now. I was training range through slayer anyway (slowly) though I did chin for one level.

For ranged - not good not bad, most people can't use chins extensively anyway because of the cost.

For hunter - bad, no more good moneymaker. :(

I think they'll crash after the next price rise. Demand is huge now, so chins will go up huge, too huge. I expect a 50 gp price rise, but then I'm expecting it to stop rising (or not rising that sharp), so people will sell, and it will kind of crash. Prices of chins before the update already was pretty low. Of course, no one can predict the future. I Just sold mine, but thats partly cause I didnt have many (8k only) and needed the cash.

Most certainley good for me!

I made about 2m from the chins rising after I saw a post on RSoF saying that they were going to fix the tunnel.

2m isn't great money but for the 10 seconds it took from shilo -> ge. ge -> shilo, it most certainley isn't bad. :thumbsup:

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Well, it's bad if you were using that way to get to 99 and you wasted a lot of money buying them, but it makes ranging harder to get to 99 making it as difficult as the other skills...

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

Hmm they said they would change them back after the next update, has that happened yet?

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Hmm they said they would change them back after the next update, has that happened yet?

Well, there wasnt really an in-game update today... atleast not that i know of.

Probably with the next ingame update if it isnt allready updated when i wasnt on. :-k

Well, there wasnt really an in-game update today... atleast not that i know of.

Probably with the next ingame update if it isnt allready updated when i wasnt on. :-k

*Points at my thread*

How long are we going to wait until we really do get the anti-nerf!

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I'm on my way to 99 range and i feel kinda bad chinning my way (morally and financially :mrgreen: ) but personally i use the chaos tunnels and go to the mummies. They don't respawn from bones but no one is there ever, and they drop a little bit of loot to help make up the ppots at least. Besides that it's a quick walk from edgy so your choice but i do it differently anyway :thumbsup:

~Frzn

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

frznflames.png

All i have to say is OH WELL. Can't believe your actually complaining about a skill becoming more balanced cause chinning at ape atol was a little much...

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

i tried chinning nechs yesterday and they were Great :) you are attacking 7-8 creatures all the time, so it doesnt really matter :D

if you don't have 80 slayer it's a little harder i guess, but mummies are still nice.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Maybe I'll actually be motivated to train hunter past 80 now. Chin-hunting just plain sucked when they were in such high demand. :|

Oh, and hunter isn't ruined. There's a quick-EXP way to train, and a money-making way to train. Red chins are the EXP, dragon imps are the money. I don't see the ruination of hunter - at least not as bad as herblore got ruined.