"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Is there a nice but blunt way to tell girl you don't want to skip school and travel 200 miles to just see her? This is the girl who wants to go to the same Unis as me.

Edit: I fear being alone with her...

Just tell her?

I've tried. She thinks it's a joke..

Tell her again, not so nicely and then stop talking to her. She sounds like an out right nut to me.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Is there a nice but blunt way to tell girl you don't want to skip school and travel 200 miles to just see her? This is the girl who wants to go to the same Unis as me.

Edit: I fear being alone with her...

Just tell her?

I've tried. She thinks it's a joke..

Tell her again, not so nicely and then stop talking to her. She sounds like an out right nut to me.

I wouldn't say nut.. She's probably not the most experience and when she starts liking somebody she ends up suffocating any hope with keenness.

I don't know about any body else but... if I was suffering from a lack of experience I'd want things to be going as slowly as possible, not rushing in there like the proverbial bull. I'm kind of worried to be honest because if she does happen to find someone willing to move as quickly as she is I'm afraid it'll turn into a runaway train crash, or worse still, she'll find someone that takes advantage of the keeness and doesn't really care about the emotional consequences. I mean, people 'date' for a reason, has she never heard of taking it slowly?

But this is all digression really. At the end of the day, what position are you in? She's 200mi away so dating is impracticle. She's a little bit... clingy, shall we say, at least she's full of something that doesn't endear herself to you. Is there much going for this relationship before it's even begun?

If the answer is 'No' then... just tell her politely to get lost. IDK make up some semi-BS excuse like, "I live too far away and I'm focused on school because I don't want to mess up my chances of going to uni, so maybe we should just move on."

Make yourself seem vulnerable and make it look like you've got a decent enough reason for GTFO-ing out of there and she'll probably buy it without taking it too personally.

EDIT: I just read on the political thread that you're from the UK. I previously assumed the US, but 200 mi in the UK is a HUGE distance. I worked out how much it would cost me to get on a train for 200 mi from Preston and it's upwards of £80. :blink:

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

Ah, thanks Warrior. And I agree, a lack of experience would take things slowly but obviously not her. She wanted my phone number within two sentences so either I'm reading it wrong or she is a bit crazy. I don't even know if she has a long term relationship before; I hardly know her expect that she wants to study the same degree at the same university as me now.

I don't even have faint attraction to her, she seems a nice person but I'm not going to try and do long term relationships at my age when's she is 200 miles away. i) impractical ii) unlikely to last. I think going down the route of ignoring all texts/messages from here should paint the picture as telling her where to go hasn't worked, thinking it's some joke. Just need to remember to not delete her number this time and it should work.

Put it all behind you, or at least tell me what happened because my potential music career was ruined a few months ago. When I said I needed that song, that meant that I needed a demo to send to an independent record label. I didn't have the song so I called them back saying that I had nothing.

This June I went on tour, don't ask how I got to do that because I don't even know. I'm sending demos of my own songs to a few independent record labels and I'm going on a tour Fall-Winter 2011 and again Spring-Summer 2012 and I kinda want to use my own songs.

It's incredibly hard for solo artists to go anywhere unless they're on some mainstream pop label or whatever. And guitarists are a dime a dozen so really be grateful I'm asking you to help me with this tour after what happened. Whether it was my fault or not, I just kinda wanna know what happened. It's over and I don't make the same mistake twice.

If you really don't accept this as my way of saying that I really messed up, don't even answer, block me, and I really hope you have a better life than mine will be without this opportunity, and I'd be so sorry I even asked.

About to send that to a girl that did an incredibly selfish thing to me, did I word it right?

I have a dilemma.

There's two girls. I'm confused

A) I know for definite she likes me - a friend of her's told me. I've tried to set up a date (shopping) with her - at first she said 'yeah sure', but i've spoken to her in these past couple of days and she doesn't seem very, well, happy. She seems happy speaking to other people.

B) I don't know for definite that she likes me, but i'm not stupid, and I know IOI - she chats to me practically every day, and seems receptive to my *light* flirting.

Either way, when I make a move, i'm going to hurt one of them. Just a bit confused.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

ThePerfectSett: how the [bleep] should we know? Give us some context...

Sam: You're not going to hurt either one of them that much; I don't think it's been long enough for you to have that kind of impact. Just go for the one you like most (or neither, if theyMre not all that interesting).

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I still don't understand why anyone would want an opposite sex relationship besides for the sex. Puzzles me.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I still don't understand why anyone would want an opposite sex relationship besides for the sex. Puzzles me.

I get kinda bored talking to guys all of the time, and seeing as I don't go the other way way having a girlfriend is someone of the opposite sex to talk to +more.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

For the same reason you would want to be friends with someone.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Are you trying to somehow validate for yourself that having a relationship is not interesting/fun so you can justify not wanting to have one when you actually do?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

He's not talking about an exclusive relationship though, he's talking about any relationship.

I think the main reason is companionship. It's pretty common for people to stick close to the people they like and move away from the people they don't like. Wanting to be in an intimate relationship with someone you love and feel safe around is just a natural extension of that.

Besides, I think most people report that having sex while in a relationship is more satisfying than having sex with someone you're not in a relationship with, in general.

He's not talking about an exclusive relationship though, he's talking about any relationship.

I think the main reason is companionship. It's pretty common for people to stick close to the people they like and move away from the people they don't like. Wanting to be in an intimate relationship with someone you love and feel safe around is just a natural extension of that.

Besides, I think most people report that having sex while in a relationship is more satisfying than having sex with someone you're not in a relationship with, in general.

I can attest to that. Relationships just make you feel good. It's a wonderful thing.

My girlfriend and I are in a relationship because we genuinely enjoy spending a ton of time together, moreso with each other than with other people. As I said to her the other day, it's nice being introverts (the where-you-draw-your-energy-from type, not the anti-social type.) together.

Flyingjj.png

My girlfriend and I are in a relationship because we genuinely enjoy spending a ton of time together, moreso with each other than with other people. As I said to her the other day, it's nice being introverts (the where-you-draw-your-energy-from type, not the anti-social type.) together.

My fiancée and I say that we are each other's best friend. It's true. She is my best friend.

top_lel_face.png

My fiancée and I say that we are each other's best friend. It's true. She is my best friend.

I think this is how the world should be.

Flyingjj.png

I half disagree, to be honest. Lies are bad. Secrets give a sense of mystery to the relationship.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to know everything about someone else. There's just stuff I'd rather not know.

But secrets can be self destructive. I don't mind not knowing things but if I want to know them or need I like to be able to know she will tell me without trying to hide it.

Does anyone else have that really attractive female friend that you've known forever get along great with, mutually agreed that friendship is where its at, but then when you get drunk together she's all up on you? [only to completely reject you whole heatedly when sober?]