5 August 2008 - Resizable Game Window & Meeting History

Xecer

Runescape.com wrote:

Resizable Game Window

We have introduced a new and optional way of viewing RuneScape HD: a resizable game window. This feature is available to both free players and members.

The new feature will adjust your RuneScape HD game window to fit the size of your browser. So, if you expand or maximise your browser, your game window will expand too, filling all of the available space. If you reduce the size of your browser, your game window will reduce with it.

This feature is completely optional. You may activate or deactivate it via the Graphics Options, either on the login screen or in-game (accessed via the spanner icon).

The resizable game window is only available for RuneScape HD. It is not available for the RuneScape version of the game.

How does this differ from fullscreen?

The main difference is that fullscreen will completely fill your screen. It will do so if your browser is minimised, maximised or anywhere inbetween. The resizable feature allows you to view the RuneScape game at whatever size you want - just reduce or increase the size of your browser and the game window will follow.

When playing RuneScape HD using the resizable game window, your interfaces will be arranged in the manner as fullscreen mode. This means that your tabs will be arranged across the bottom of the game screen.

Unlike fullscreen, the resizable game window is available to both free players and members.

Note: If you have a slow computer and you make the resizable window very large, you may find the game slows down a bit. If this happens, just make the window a bit smaller or, if you prefer, turn it off using the Graphics Options menu.

Meeting History

Having helped Jorral in Making History, it's time to pay him another visit in Meeting History. He's been busy digging around old and dusty manuscripts and has come across a set of interesting notes about the Enchanted Key; so, with the 'hot and cold' key in hand, get ready to discover another of its bizarre abilities! You can guarantee that it'll give you a greater insight into the past of RuneScape.

Many questions will be answered as part of this sequel to Making History.

Summary

Where to start Meeting History:

Speak to Jorral in the Outpost, north-west of West Ardougne.

Requirements to complete Meeting History:

Making History

Druidic Ritual

Access to:

A new area to explore

The chance to understand more of RuneScape's early history

In other news...

Our Graphics team has been busily fixing bugs again, including the following:

* The Grim Reaper hood from 2007's Hallowe'en event was causing your head to disconnect from your neck

* The Amulet of Fury was looking different depending on whether you were male or female

* Armoured skirts were stretching if you used the bone crossbow

* The Wilderness Agility Course stepping stones weren't very well aligned with their lava pit.

* The roof in the Burgh de Rott shop wasn't disappearing, even if your Graphics Options said it should.

We've also adjusted Commander Zilyana's behaviour in the God Wars Dungeon, so she's less inclined to wander aimlessly in the middle of the room while people shoot her from the edges.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol gwd.

Anyway, the new resizeable window looks awesome :D =D>

(I hope I can make it really small :D) EDIT: You can't :(

EDIT: Now I just want Jagex to make an official Runescape Client WITHOUT the permanent scrollbar on the right...

Oh wow I honestly didn't think that they would kill of boxing too. Anyway, I'm so glad to have bought my shiny new sword yesterday, a little rise in price would be nice :thumbsup:

And a new quest to strip my backwarmer yet again...hooray...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This is basiclly what they did with the game window update...

[hide=]38735158pj2.png[/hide]

I like the idea, but im really laggy at the moment -.-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

She is the same to solo, just the items will go up rofl

You can still barrage/range, zgs/range, or go the old method where 1 runs and others melee her. Then they switch roles.

Lots of em will just complain and quit though, lol.

The same to solo? YES, that's great news for people like me, we can still solo, AND the prices will likely go up \'.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

You can still barrage/range, zgs/range, or go the old method where 1 runs and others melee her. Then they switch roles.

The same to solo? YES, that's great news for people like me, we can still solo, AND the prices will likely go up \'.

Empty non-ls worlds might become harder to find though if people can't team that effectively. :(

Empty non-ls worlds might become harder to find though if people can't team that effectively. :(

I dealt with both the Bandos and Sara solo safespot glitches in their prime, I think I can handle an influx of Sara soloers. And on second thought, since Zil stops wandering around aimlessly now, Starlight might actually be easier to avoid.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Quest? Mmm, whatever, I guess I'll just do it for the heck of it. But I'm absolutely loving the expandable window. I think this means the end of the old small RS window. Only the people with slow pc's will probably still use it. But for everyone else, there's basically no reason to keep using it anymore. Except maybe if you use tools like SK.

But wow, nice, really.

You can see a lot more of the game world with the resizable option on :o

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Woo Hoo! They finally put in the idea I suggested. I have been on Jagex since the release of HD making topics here and there about a full screen windowed mode and they kept saying they couldn't do it.

Man this is soo nice!!

xxteargodxx.png

OMG OMFG NOWAI SARA NERF NERF NERF NERF......... :roll:

All Jagex did is fix Sara so its like it was in the very start, before she got screwed up with corners/ai/etc. Back to melee, the way it was from the start. Its still pretty easy to get the same amount of kills. Just a bit more dangerous, so the low levels wont go there hopefully.

edit- BTW, this has no effect on soloing at all.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

The resizable screen is awesome :thumbsup:

Finally big screen + forums + Msn + other things :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.