Today...

Leoo

"About half of all sexual crimes go unpunished, according to the FBI Crime Report. Of those that are reported and prosecuted, 54 percent end in an acquittal or dismissal."

Do you really think some stupid teenage boy is going to get anything for kissing some girl? Pertaining to above, the likelihood of anything at all happening is pretty slim. And unless there were witnesses, there's no evidence other than her word.

In short, it is much more likely than not that nothing at all will happen to this guy legally.

Is it a "good idea" to fight him? No, probably not. Could it then get Eggs into trouble? Maybe. Will it prevent that kind of thing from happening again? Quite possibly.

PM me for fitocracy invite

"About half of all sexual crimes go unpunished, according to the FBI Crime Report. Of those that are reported and prosecuted, 54 percent end in an acquittal or dismissal."

Do you really think some stupid teenage boy is going to get anything for kissing some girl? Pertaining to above, the likelihood of anything at all happening is pretty slim. And unless there were witnesses, there's no evidence other than her word.

In short, it is much more likely than not that nothing at all will happen to this guy legally.

Is it a "good idea" to fight him? No, probably not. Could it then get Eggs into trouble? Maybe. Will it prevent that kind of thing from happening again? Quite possibly.

So you think that just because of some vague statistic the system should be avoided altogether?

Has it occurred to you as well that eggs could very well get his ass kicked and compound the problem?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The scare of a legal punishment might scare him away too. The school could probably at least suspend him for it too.

Too hot today. Especially when they decide to put aircon on at 27 degrees Celsius -.- .

That's 80 F. That's too hot for you? :lol:

Plus sitting in a class that amps the heat up by about 10 degrees doesn't help. In England it's usually below 25 on a GOOD summer's day. Apparently it's going to snow in late October we can hope at least. :D

That's what I've heard too. I'm one of those who hopes it doesn't snow :razz:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Too hot today. Especially when they decide to put aircon on at 27 degrees Celsius -.- .

That's 80 F. That's too hot for you? :lol:

Plus sitting in a class that amps the heat up by about 10 degrees doesn't help. In England it's usually below 25 on a GOOD summer's day. Apparently it's going to snow in late October we can hope at least. :D

That's what I've heard too. I'm one of those who hopes it doesn't snow :razz:

Fair enough, though some time off school is just fun, especially when you're learning about things you learnt, what, 5 years ago? :razz: To be fair though, we're doing a pretty interesting topic on terrorism and the media in history.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm a bit late chiming in on this, but I hope everything goes well for you, Eggs.

Today I found out I made the Improv team at my school, which is pretty awesome. I have no work or homework tonight, so I can finally relax which is nice too.

Anyways, anyone know how to reset the admin password in Windows 7 without a restore disk? My mother changed the password on her netbook, then forgot it.

Ever considered that women lie about being raped and sexually assaulted?

The scare of a legal punishment might scare him away too. The school could probably at least suspend him for it too.

When faced with the possibility of litigation the school will suspend, and most likely expel, the boy.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I swear to christ this forum is full of some of the most immature people...

"Something happened"

"You should probably try to beat up whoever did that"

Holy [cabbage] is this fifth grade again?

No, it's not fifth grade. It's my extreme cynicism in legal bodies not getting anything done in a remotely timely fashion, when it's already too late. Yes he could just beat the kid. Although more subtle methods are more satisfying. And some people just don't get it unless there's physical consequences to their actions, that's just how it is. From my experience authorities are useless and the only thing you can do is handle the issue yourself. I could easily list at least two posts' worth of examples of this regarding me alone.

This. In my previous post, I was going to include much more about how disrespect is often solved only by physical confrontation, but this post sums it up.

Well there are a few reasons why this makes you sound like a [bleep] to the majority of people.

Reason a) You seem to be of average physical stature, which makes these sorts of "Yeah I'd just confront him physically" posts sound like unwarranted bragging, especially since this is the internet and there's almost no reason to post it anyway.

Reason b) The stereotypical "Authorities are useless" horse [cabbage]. Yes, we get it. You watch the news and read posts on internet forums and see police brutality and sluggish legal cases and all. This is not the majority of legal cases. There are tons and tons and tons of these same cases that you see taking forever or what have you.

Reason c) If for whatever reason you are wronged in some way and have tried and failed to get assistance from authority figures, there are so many better ways to go about it than the old "yea ill just go beat him up *tightens belt adjusts holster tries to look tough*" For one, avoid whoever did it. Problem solved. What's done is done. Prosecution is an illusion used to justify petty revenge. It's over. If they are done bothering you, then stop being bothered. Did they continue harassing you? Try the authorities again. You may now have a case / enough evidence. If not, always remember that you are within your rights when defending yourself.

I've been bullied a good part of the time I was in school. Authorities ARE useless.

I've been bullied a good part of the time I was in school. Authorities ARE useless.

This, though it has been decreasing significantly since HS started.

In response to it becoming such a problem in the HS's and MS, my school district says that has adopted a zero tolerance policy for this type of thing this year and will be cracking down on it, but so far all that means is that you're guaranteed a warning/slap on the wrist, rather than nothing happening at all.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Ever considered that women lie about being raped and sexually assaulted?

It's sad women DO do this. An ex-friend said she "was raped" by her ex, everytime she mentioned it, it riled me up and made me want to go to the police or beat the [cabbage] out of him but she always said "no no, just dont drag it on" took a while till it clicked, "she doesn't want me confronting him or the police because she's lying. Attention [bleep]"

@Gabe, AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Popoto.~<3

dont you go at people with baseball bats though ?

What I say:

Some vandals be a'wreckin' our st00f, all I have is bat, how can modify?

What OT sees:

Some people called me fat so I smacked their heads off with a bat that's also a tank. Then I [bleep]ed [bleep]es. [cabbage] was so cash.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

today, or well yesterday as its now 2am was spent looking after the little one, being eaten by the little one (well my nose anyway, sheesh that hurt) and sorting out my rubbish in the house.

I seem to cause more destruction and chaos than any hurricane can cause these days, BUT we took three car loads of rubbish to the tip and I am pretty sure there is more to take.

Went out to dinner with my friends, had an okay meal, service was shocking, but we had a good time and a good laugh, was nice to get out of the house.

tomorrow or well today now lol looks to be mostly more cleaning and tidying until the little lady gets back from her fathers and then getting her bathed fed and bed, then chilling - fun times :D

Going to my chemistry lab in a bit.

Today's experiment required a lot of planning. Took up a lot of my day, I guess. I'm swamped tonight, though. I have to proofread a poem analysis and make adjustments to it. I also have to read another 30 pages in The Republic. I'm hoping they'll have mildly entertaining content, or else I'll probably fall asleep midway.

I'm loving my computer science class so far. I actually look forward to doing the homework and learning knew things. I never felt that way about PHYS 103 when I took it... Maybe it's a sign that physics isn't for me. We'll see.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

2 very different feelings for 1 certain occasion today [and yesterday]

yesterday I was thikning about drinking all day, a buddy texts me in class "I have mojito stuff, drinks later?"

[bleep] yeah

today I was thinking about smoking all day, same guy texts me: "robustos at my house when you're free"

[bleep] to the [bleep] yes

dude reads my mind i swear, but this cigar had a meaning...me him and my other good friend agreed to smoke every time my other friend gets further with a girl [he has a lot of relationship, or lack there of issues] and last nighht he was literal minutes away from losing his virginity but the girl's mom walked in.

But anyway, if you hadn't noticed my last few posts on here have been more along the lines of nothing or "I'm lonely". What I didn't realize was this was causing me to not sleep or eat. And it only hit me about 3/4 into a Robusto Vegas 5 Gold that I hadn't eaten or slept in 3 days. Next thing I know I'm having a nervous breakdown, my head is spinning and i puke a few times. This sucked cause I had to be at my grandparents like an hour later for Rosh Hashana. So about an hour passes, I can't even stand let alone drive there, but I manage to puke some more, and get manhandled by my friends into my car. I make it home [5 minute drive, nbd] tell my parents I felt faint, ate a loaf of bread and fainted on my couch. Didn't wake up til about half an hour ago, a good 5ish hours later. I feel disgustingly unhealthy.

good cigar though.

Probably shouldn't smoke again for a while...or atleast be not retarded about it next time and eat beforehand

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm sitting at home...with no homework!!!???

[hide=]2rcshmx.jpg[/hide]

This hasn't happened in forever!!!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

everyone leaves soon to go camping. 4 days of me, alcohol, possibly a mate, house to myself, PC hooked up to the 42" surround sound in loungeroom playing BF3 beta, TF2 etc.

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. (and I'll zip off to Dan Murphy to buy these shots I've wanted to try for a while)

Popoto.~<3

everyone leaves soon to go camping. 4 days of me, alcohol, possibly a mate, house to myself, PC hooked up to the 42" surround sound in loungeroom playing BF3 beta, TF2 etc.

Sounds awesome Tim, BF3 is amazing :thumbsup:

I am sitting at school waiting to go to a middle school to get my education class placement set. Should be a lot of fun.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The best part? This is actually true. Kids are annoying as hell now days and disrespectful because their parents just put them in "time-out" or "grounded" them insead of whipping their asses. I was whipped as a kid. I'm very thankful for that too.

everything i had planned for today has been thrown in the bin.

I didn't wake up until 11am, we had a phonecall saying that they have stopped all medication on my gran and have started administering morphine to keep her comfortable, so it looks like in a day or two I will no longer have any grandparents.

Waiting on the care home to give us a ring with an update and we will more than likely be making the 13+ hour trip tomorrow.

it is pretty hot again today so I have a grumpy baby woop woop!!!