Today...

Leoo

Is it easy to find a job in Britain as an immigrant? How about housing?

What job are you looking for?

I'm going to diagnose myself here but I think I have RSI. My left shoulder has been killing me ever since this weekend where I grinded on RuneScape. My right hand does the moving on the trackpad but my left was pretty much still, using the thumb to click the mouse with the middle finger stretched to press 1 or 2. It's particularly painful at night and in the morning in bed, I have to punch it to make it feel better.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I have that too star..does punching really work??

And i have it since the exp weekend..lawl :$

Why is it my left shoulder eventho i play with right?

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I'm going to diagnose myself here but I think I have RSI. My left shoulder has been killing me ever since this weekend where I grinded on RuneScape. My right hand does the moving on the trackpad but my left was pretty much still, using the thumb to click the mouse with the middle finger stretched to press 1 or 2. It's particularly painful at night and in the morning in bed, I have to punch it to make it feel better.

Robax Platinum solved this for me a while ago. Basically I played way too much minecraft, and the next morning my wrists and forearms were on fire, and they stayed that way non stop for the next couple days till I wandered over to the University medical center and that's what they told me to use. The platinum version is a muscle relaxant and ibuprofen combined, and it was able to pretty much annihilate all the pain even to the point where I could actually do a bit of typing for a couple minutes at a time before the pain would start to return. After like 3 days on that, my arms healed enough that I didn't need the pills any more, and a couple more weeks and most of the pain was gone even for more extended computer usage. I always take it easy now though, not going through that again.

Today I got accepted to a second in-person interview for tomorrow. Let's hope for the best. :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Okay, I will read up on it first and if the pain doesn't vanish on Weds then I'll try it. 'The Consultant' suits you.

And Carbi, it doesn't work but punching makes it shut up for a second.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My passport came in today. Made me realize how soon the bands oversea trip is. So excited!! :thumbup:

Also had a music theory midterm today. I think I did good minus the muisc dication part. Should get a B+ for sure :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Got the results from my Myers Briggs test today. Turns out I am Introverted Thinking with Extroverted Intuition or Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Perceiving (INTP). The category fits me to a tee.

I'm not going to write out the whole description here, instead if your interested read this page to get a good, and fairly short, description.

A few key points though that really hit home with me:

• Unless their work requires action, they are more interested in the challenge of finding solutions than in putting solutions to practical use.
  • INTP's are tolerant of a wide range of behavior, arguing and raising issues only when they believe it is reasonable to do so. This flexibility disappears, however, when their ruling principles are challenged; then they stop adapting.
  • The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.
  • Under great stress, INTP's may erupt outwardly in inappropriate displays of emotion. The resulting explosive anger or hurt tearfulness is quite unnerving to others and embarrassing to the usually calm and controlled INTP.

Now I get to read through all the material I got today, and think on it (a lot, since I am doing this as part of trying to choose a career). I also want to go through all 16 types.

If you're a kiwi I've heard it is.

I'm American, and I'm just looking for a job that'll be enough to pay for rent to live an existence over there with a functional social life. If I truly love it, I'll look to career options after I get my citizenship.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got the results from my Myers Briggs test today. Turns out I am Introverted Thinking with Extroverted Intuition or Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Perceiving (INTP). The category fits me to a tee.

I'm not going to write out the whole description here, instead if your interested read this page to get a good, and fairly short, description.

A few key points though that really hit home with me:

• Unless their work requires action, they are more interested in the challenge of finding solutions than in putting solutions to practical use.
  • INTP's are tolerant of a wide range of behavior, arguing and raising issues only when they believe it is reasonable to do so. This flexibility disappears, however, when their ruling principles are challenged; then they stop adapting.
  • The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.
  • Under great stress, INTP's may erupt outwardly in inappropriate displays of emotion. The resulting explosive anger or hurt tearfulness is quite unnerving to others and embarrassing to the usually calm and controlled INTP.

Now I get to read through all the material I got today, and think on it (a lot, since I am doing this as part of trying to choose a career). I also want to go through all 16 types.

Interesting, I also got INTP as my results too, but I mainly took it because I was bored and found it interesting. I think it was one of the really rare types out of the sixteen.

Huh, I hand't thought about certain types being more common than others, though when I think about it, I have not met very many people like me. So I went out and found a chart of the etimated frequencies of each type for the United states, and it would seem that INTP is certainly one of the rarer ones.

INFJ certainly seems to be the rarest type. The most common are ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, and ESFJ. The other two IS's and ES's would seem to be at or above what would be equal distribution. On the whole, the IN group is the rarest, followed by the EN group, then ES, and lastly IS as the most common.

Huh, I hand't thought about certain types being more common than others, though when I think about it, I have not met very many people like me. So I went out and found a chart of the etimated frequencies of each type for the United states, and it would seem that INTP is certainly one of the rarer ones.

INFJ certainly seems to be the rarest type. The most common are ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, and ESFJ. The other two IS's and ES's would seem to be at or above what would be equal distribution. On the whole, the IN group is the rarest, followed by the EN group, then ES, and lastly IS as the most common.

Yeah, it gets really interesting (and in my opinion, enjoyable) when you start looking into the details after your rest. Before I learned of the Myers-Briggs personality testing, I didn't understand why it was rather difficult to find similar-minded people like me and was considered the "space cadet" in my class. Once I took it, discovered my type, and went into the research on the details, I found out a lot more about myself and found some explanations as to how I might be seen as "strange" given that my (or should I say 'our') type is one of the rarities. 3-5% in a pool of about 5 million (population of my state) is 150,000-250,000 while in the world scale (About 7 billion) is 21M-35M.

While doing the math on my old TI-84 Plus Silver, it seems I discovered the batteries are dying. Good thing this discussion came up in time to remind me to change them.

My passport came in today. Made me realize how soon the bands oversea trip is. So excited!! :thumbup:

Also had a music theory midterm today. I think I did good minus the muisc dication part. Should get a B+ for sure :thumbup:

Where are you going Abel?

rosssigfinal.jpg

I read that as:

Today I got accepted to a second in-Prison interview for tomorrow. Let's hope for the best. :thumbup:

Bought myself a nice pocket watch on ebay last night. They're so cheap for the good quality steel/bronze designs, courtesy of Jeweller's being Nazi's with materials: "ZOMG ITS NOT GOLD OR SILVER, THEREFORE IT IS INFERIOR AND TRASH LOLOLOLL"

Also got a free webcam worth $50 in mail yesterday arvo from a contest I won. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Where can you take these as a formal thing? I was wondering for several reasons, mainly among them the face that INFJ you say is the rarest type and that is what I received when I took one of the cheap, easy, and not very reliable results ones on the internet, and the description fit me pretty well...

I did it through the career advising office at my university (its called something like that). Bascially, it exists to help students explore what options are open to them, and to help them choose something they are going to enjoy. The one here does the Strong Interest and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test as an extension of that (I have done both now). Each one here costs like $15 dollars to do. The nice thing about having it done through them is I also get to talk to someone to help interpret the results, since neither test is all that helpful without being interpreted. They're just tools to help you examine yourself.

Other than that, I'm not really sure where else you would go to get them done. I have a cousin who did the Briggs, but I think she did it through a University (I think ours will do it for non students as well, but it will cost more).

I've also caved, and bought Dead Space on steam, since I enjoyed its sequel so much. I guess Dead Space 2 didn't give me enough nightmare fuel (a joke of course. It gave me enough nightmare fuel to last a lifetime). It should be ready to play at midnight, and its definitely getting played before bed. If I get really crazy, I'll use the headphones and turn the lights down low (because I finally got some freaking incandescent bulbs to put in my dimmer switch controlled sockets).

We are going to Austria. So excited to finally leave the country for a while. Be the first one to leave the country minus for military functions. Going to to be an awesone 10 days for sure!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

We are going to Austria. So excited to finally leave the country for a while. Be the first one to leave the country minus for military functions. Going to to be an awesone 10 days for sure!

That should be fun. I've never been outside of North America, though I'd like to see at least some of Europe someday (thinking Scotland and Britain).

I want to see some of Europe too. Is Ireland any fun if you don't drink?

lol this guy

I'm being mostly serious here.

I know a friend of mine who visited Ireland last summer. Despite being of drinking age, he never had one sip of alcohol and still managed to enjoy himself and made a few friends. You made it sound like Ireland is either only enjoyable wasted or drinking is sort of a requirement while visiting the country.