Today...

Leoo

I meant the general social scene and yada yada... I guess I don't need a girlfriend but I want one, so why not go for it? It is on my mind a lot recently because basically everyone is getting in a relationship at school (don't start) so I feel the need to join the crowd.

Also, stop lurking and just gd post peoples...

Life is short. People get crushes, they want relationships. He likes this girl so let him go for it :P There's no reason to try to stop him.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I was in high school one too you know. Better yet, my Freshman year was my first year of school. Ever.

My question to you is what would you do with a girlfriend that you can't do with a female friend?

Hugging, kissing, dates, and a few other things that escape me at this time. I honestly have very few female friends and even less close female friends, was the person that kinda kept to themselves and friends from elementary, until a bit last year, and a freaking tonne this year.

God dude... What is so important about having a [bleep]buddy at age 14? Isn't that all that most high school relationships are anyways?

God dude... What is so important about having a [bleep]buddy at age 14? Isn't that all that most high school relationships are anyways?

I'm not trying for a [bleep] buddy... To understand the situation you would need to attend my school and see it really...

I was in high school one too you know. Better yet, my Freshman year was my first year of school. Ever.

My question to you is what would you do with a girlfriend that you can't do with a female friend?

Hugging, kissing, dates, and a few other things that escape me at this time. I honestly have very few female friends and even less close female friends, was the person that kinda kept to themselves and friends from elementary.

Umm.... wut?

Well, like you, I had 0 friends in elementary school.... Your life is yours, but all I can say is that having a girlfriend might not fix your social problems if that is what you want it to accomplish.

Procrastination will be the end of me.

This... Trying to ask a girl out for the first time while being scared <3: less and a chronic procrastinator for my entire life, mind you I am only 14 but I still hate it being so...

Oh, and hindsight 20/20, the girl I am talking about likes, or liked me at the start of the school year, so I figure I just need to get my <3: together and grow a pair and just do it...

Just man up and do it dude, you're 14 it's not like the relationship will last for 30 years and you'll get married and live happily ever after and your whole life depends on it.

I'm not trying for a [bleep] buddy... To understand the situation you would need to attend my school and see it really...

Hugging, kissing, dates, and a few other things that escape me at this time. I honestly have very few female friends and even less close female friends, was the person that kinda kept to themselves and friends from elementary.

Umm.... wut?

Well, like you, I had 0 friends in elementary school.... Your life is yours, but all I can say is that having a girlfriend might not fix your social problems if that is what you want it to accomplish.

I had, and have great friends from elementary school, just very few of them girls... Mostly the girlfriend thing is that I like a girl and want to pursue a relationship. Now since Tripsis is now in the room I am going to take her advice and stop the conversation here.

Procrastination will be the end of me.

This... Trying to ask a girl out for the first time while being scared <3: less and a chronic procrastinator for my entire life, mind you I am only 14 but I still hate it being so...

Oh, and hindsight 20/20, the girl I am talking about likes, or liked me at the start of the school year, so I figure I just need to get my <3: together and grow a pair and just do it...

Just man up and do it dude, you're 14 it's not like the relationship will last for 30 years and you'll get married and live happily ever after and your whole life depends on it.

What I'm going for... As I said though, first time, nervous as <3: ,and all that other <3: but you cut to the point.

Oh, and I really didn't need to post this comment...

As an observational point, I find it interesting that the assumption would be he wants to [bleep] someone. I've been attracted to people since long before I knew that was even an option, or had any desire to par take.

I also agree with Maleficus here. Your still young and the stakes aren't as high as they will be in the future. Might as well get in some practice now while the consequences are lesser.

On a related note, me and my BF had a conversation that sort of made us feel old (and its going to get a whole lot worse in the future). Worse for him than me, but he's talking about how people he knew from Highschool are married now, or at least engaged (often to their high school sweethearts oddly enough). I realized that I have a friend that moved away years ago to go work the tar sands in Alberta, and even though we haven't talked since he left, I'm fairly certain he's married by now. There are other people I know who will probably be getting engaged in the next year or two. Now I know what people meant when they told me that the cost of a post secondary education would be that one day, I am going to look around and realize everyone has moved on with their lives. They have jobs or careers, they own their own house, and they're either engaged or married. It's a really freaky feeling to have, because you feel like you've been somehow left behind. Your friend has a car now, and you have student debt and a year of classes left (actually more than that).

On a related note, me and my BF had a conversation that sort of made us feel old (and its going to get a whole lot worse in the future). Worse for him than me, but he's talking about how people he knew from Highschool are married now, or at least engaged (often to their high school sweethearts oddly enough). I realized that I have a friend that moved away years ago to go work the tar sands in Alberta, and even though we haven't talked since he left, I'm fairly certain he's married by now. There are other people I know who will probably be getting engaged in the next year or two. Now I know what people meant when they told me that the cost of a post secondary education would be that one day, I am going to look around and realize everyone has moved on with their lives. They have jobs or careers, they own their own house, and they're either engaged or married. It's a really freaky feeling to have, because you feel like you've been somehow left behind. Your friend has a car now, and you have student debt and a year of classes left (actually more than that).

I saw the same thing happen to people I knew. It was strange at first, because like you said, you get a feeling like you've been left behind, but after a while you come to terms with it. You got to remember too, we're all still so very young and still have a long lives ahead of us. There is no need to rush life.

tFtfA.jpg

Do people in North America tend to get married at a young age? I don't know anyone that is married yet. Granted I knew a few that have had kids etc and been engaged but not actually married. The whole marry-your-highschool-sweetheart thing seems to be a bit American, if you can forgive my ignorance.

rosssigfinal.jpg

What's a young age?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm 20 and I was engaged to be married. It's especially common for people who live near military bases.

I dont care if you're 14 bonez899. Go for it. We have a relationship thread to help you out along the way :)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I still don't think relationships in high school are worth it. After watching everyone for four years, all I've seen is everybody spending a little bit of time being happy and a lot of time being miserable and stressed out because of their relationship.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Speaking of high-school friends, a girl I went to high school with in grade nine is on trial for first degree murder at the moment.

Sounds like a keeper.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I still don't think relationships in high school are worth it. After watching everyone for four years, all I've seen is everybody spending a little bit of time being happy and a lot of time being miserable and stressed out because of their relationship.

I actually think they are a good thing. Failed relationships help you identify: (1) what you did wrong and how to fix it for future relationships and (2) what features, tendencies, or personalities you don't want in a partner.

On a side note, I asked for a letter of recommendation from one of my professors for a History department scholarship and she emailed back saying she would write for me. I was excited about that, but then I got another email from her saying that she went over some of the work I did for her Medieval Europe course (which was the first I ever took from her) and said instead of the B I got in the class, that she thought my work was worth an A-. So now she's going to change the grade. I am the luckiest bastard ever :shades:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

As an observational point, I find it interesting that the assumption would be he wants to [bleep] someone. I've been attracted to people since long before I knew that was even an option, or had any desire to par take.

I also agree with Maleficus here. Your still young and the stakes aren't as high as they will be in the future. Might as well get in some practice now while the consequences are lesser.

That's definitely an interesting take on things. A lot of people I know have either gone to University or got a job. A few of them have kids now, though I don't think anybody is married yet. I don't really feel jealous for the ones who are because I'm really happy with how things are going at the moment. I'm living in a house with my wonderful boyfriend and I've got a placement job for a year starting in summer. It's not quite a 'real life' yet, I'm still a student and I've barely began to develop my own life but it's getting there. I can see how things might progress into a proper adult life. It's sorta weird, but also sorta cool. That is if nothing goes wrong of course :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I saw the same thing happen to people I knew. It was strange at first, because like you said, you get a feeling like you've been left behind, but after a while you come to terms with it. You got to remember too, we're all still so very young and still have a long lives ahead of us. There is no need to rush life.

I am experiencing the same thing. One of my best friends from high school was married this last summer (but he had been dating this girl since the 8th grade, so he had long been married away) but plenty of other people I know either have children, are engaged, or already married. I don't feel "old" at all because of it. I feel like I have a lot of time yet to discover myself before I even want to marry anyone. These people are going to hit 35 and go "what the hell was I thinking?" I mean, if the "dream girl" so to speak came along, I would consider it, but I'm not out there looking for it. If I'm not married by 30, I might be a little worried. I have a pretty intense 6 years of grad school ahead of me to worry about. Getting married is not on my to-do list.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Huh, my friend who moved out to Alberta actually isn't married yet. He is in a relationship though so I guess I'm half right?

The ones who marry young are the ones who finished with their education at the end of High School. I guess it makes sense too. If your going that route, you're probably going to land in your career pretty quickly. If your ready for that level of commitment, then why not. Among the people who go to University, your looking at people getting married in the 23-27 range though.

I'm sure I'll get over it, but there is going to be some serious wtf going on the day I get invited to a friends wedding (since I know I am almost certainly not going to be the first to cross that line).

I'm sure I'll get over it, but there is going to be some serious wtf going on the day I get invited to a friends wedding (since I know I am almost certainly not going to be the first to cross that line).

I was skeptical too, but it's actually pretty fun. The couple I know that got married go to the University of Minnesota and a good amount of the womens cross country and track teams were there (she used to be on the squad), so that was good for me. It was mostly really young people so we were all drinking and dancing and eating. A generally good time was had by all. They are as fun as you make them. If you make it awkward it will be, but if you try to have a good time there's no limit to the fun you can have at a friend's wedding.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

What's a young age?

21 or under I guess. I also wonder if it's partly a religious thing, because thinking of it I have heard my flatmate from last year's friends from church getting married.

I'd say a number of the people I know who've got married are religious. Military folks marry young too, some are couples that end up having babies together so they feel they have to tie the knot. Small town high school sweethearts.. The ones that get me are the couples that get married after only dating for a very short amount of time, like less then 3 months.

I'm also starting to see splits/ divorces now too, it's a bit funny.

tFtfA.jpg

Oh, I'm sure I'll have fun at a friends wedding when that day arrives. The melancholy will be the day I get the invitation, and maybe the day after, while my brain re calibrates its sense of my place in life relative to other people and comes to terms with it. I love weddings though.