Today...

Leoo

Got pulled over by a cop again today. Was going 78 in a 55.

Cops in Florida are so nice. I got off with just a warning (they're too lazy to do paper work on international driver's licenses).

Cops in Florida are so nice. I got off with just a warning (they're too lazy to do paper work on international driver's licenses).

Having trouble converting Kph to Mph are we?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Having trouble converting Kph to Mph are we?

Nah problem is the Speedometer on the car is not working. So we kind of just drive the same speed as the people around us. Funny thing is the guy i was driving behind was actually going even faster than i was. The cop told us the only reason he pulled us over was because my friend was standing up in the car (it's a convertible). Horrible timing because he dropped a bottle of open water and was really just lifting himself off the seat as not to get himself totally wet. Really bad timing :P

Looking for a new book that IS NOT THE HUNGER GAMES. Suggestions?

Read some Hemingway.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Edit: Nevermind.

Double Edit: Thinking of cutting my hair short. Anyone who remembers what I look like willing to give me some input or suggestions. I'm probably going to sleep now as I have class in 6 hours and I know if I don't sleep now I won't end up going.

Also, don't know what to do with the facial hair. It's pretty long right now, don't know what to do with it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Skull, cut it. When I cut my hair short I feel more confident and grown up. But maybe that's just me. As for the facial hair, shave it all off as well, aside from maybe a bit of stubble or some 5 o'clock?

Latin exam went horrible. Oh well, life goes on. I had good grades for the Christmas exams, so I'm not too worried they'll let me resit or something.

Skull, cut it. When I cut my hair short I feel more confident and grown up. But maybe that's just me. As for the facial hair, shave it all off as well, aside from maybe a bit of stubble or some 5 o'clock?

Nope, not just you. On facial hair, I think it kinda depends on your face. Some people look good with facial hair while others just don't.

This is good advice, except I would suggest cleanshaven, not knowing anything about your face shape and etc. Having no facial hair works for pretty much everyone, while facial hair can look pretty awful on a whole lot of people.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I had a conversation about the mechanics of life and death with one of my best friends. The debate ended in a stalemate.... What even is life, and why is it so important to everyone? I fail to understand.

Read some Hemingway.

I second that.

If you're looking for something more modern, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is good.

I'm now reading The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's nest. Have to say the entire series is very good. The second one was the best in my opinion :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Had some entertainment/rage today. Simple assignment, label a map of Europe.

Things I heard people say (besides complaining that it was too hard):

"Isn't Denmark a city in Colorado?"

"Aren't Sweden and Switzerland the same thing?"

"Where's Australia?"

"I found the Panama Canal!" *pointing to Strait of Gibraltar*

"I don't get which parts are water and which parts are land."

"Wait, Turkey is a real country?"

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Catching Fire *trollface*

Eric van Lustbader's Ring of Five Dragons is an interesting blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Has some mature themes sometimes but overall a decent read. The series is on an indefinite hiatus though because van Lustbader makes more money regurgitating Bourne Saga books than writing immersive sci-fi/fantasy novels.

hzvjpwS.gif

Agreed with the hair thing. As a general rule (there are some exceptions), society receives short hair on men a lot better than long hair. Long hair can send messages you really don't want to be sending (non-conformist is a bonus on only a handful of jobs, much like tattoos). For the facial hair, if you can pull it off, then it can be an asset. A mustache or short beard + mustache or a van [bleep] can make you look older or more mature. Girlfriends can be a huge asset in how realistic facial hair is for you, and which style you should go for.

If facial hair isn't you, either because it makes you look like a bum or a 13yo trying to grow a mustache, then clean shaven is definitely the best bet. It helps to show you take pride in your appearance (if combined with things like neat hair and short + clean nails), and it looks good on pretty much everyone.

Dizzle, thank you for that. I now feel much better about my meager geography knowledge which has on occasion gotten confused about which countries are part of what continent, but I can find Australia and I've never confused Denmark the country with the city. I also know roughly where the panama canal is.

Vezon, rather than ask why life is important to everyone else, you should be asking why its important to you (your still here so the assumption is you care about it enough to keep it going).

Vezon, rather than ask why life is important to everyone else, you should be asking why its important to you (your still here so the assumption is you care about it enough to keep it going).

I'd just like to know why other people think life is so much better than death. I'm still here because I can't leave other people behind. My family would be completely devastated if I were dead, and I'd rather them not be devastated.

I'd just like to know why other people think life is so much better than death. I'm still here because I can't leave other people behind. My family would be completely devastated if I were dead, and I'd rather them not be devastated.

The way I see it, the whole point of life is to create more life. The prime responsibility of any species is to survive long enough to reproduce, thus ensuring its continued existence. We are self aware, self sustaining chemical reactions that circumvent our mortality and finite life spans by creating offspring. For me, the point of life in general is to self-perpetuate.

As for me, I want to experience life. At the end of the day, I don't know what comes next, if anything, so I might as well make the most of what I have now, because its probably my only chance. I am lucky enough to exist, so why not take every moment of that gift and make the most of it. Just here to have fun and experience the great experience.

Had some entertainment/rage today. Simple assignment, label a map of Europe.

Things I heard people say (besides complaining that it was too hard):

"Isn't Denmark a city in Colorado?"

"Aren't Sweden and Switzerland the same thing?"

"Where's Australia?"

"I found the Panama Canal!" *pointing to Strait of Gibraltar*

"I don't get which parts are water and which parts are land."

"Wait, Turkey is a real country?"

Wow, if I were those kids, I probably wouldn't mention those things out load. That's embarrassing.

tFtfA.jpg

Was doing a lab yesterday when a centrifuge started making a shitton of noise. I was like :ohnoes: for the 0.5 seconds it was making noise until there was a loud BANG and then nothing. Thankfully it was not a mistake of balancing it, and that it was just a failure in one of the tubes being spun. If it was the former, the whole thing would have exploded and people probably would have died.

Phew. Anyways, I decided to not join the province-wide strike today and instead had breakfast with a very pretty lady and am new reading assigned papers. Overall A+ day.

EDIT: gotta love my city:

35hqrg8.jpg

hiccup.png

I'm so glad I don't live someplace where people take to the streets like that. Just seems like a huge inconvenience. "We're promoting our cause by holding up traffic and making you late for medical appointments! Hurah!"

Another stupid warm day here. Going back to spring tomorrow though. Nice while it lasted.