Today...

Leoo

Using a credit card online is actually better then using a debt card because they do have better protections against these kind of things and the fact that you're using credit makes it easier for things to be canceled/reversed. most debt purchases online are processed as credit but once they do process completely (3 days tops) the money is taken directly out of your bank account, which takes long to refund but also bank's don't have as great of protection when it comes to online purchases but for your average cases you won't really notice a different. 9/10 times though your bank will cancel your card and send you a new one, in my experience, when they notice a fraudulent charge.

@Randox, the "password" you enter online for your debit is your cvv, usually a 3 digit number located on the back of your card.

tFtfA.jpg

Just got back from Supanova, It was insane! Easily, best weekend of my life. I had fun, not a worry in the world and bought a few things too, including a funky hat (see Real Life Pictures) and I scored a deal on a brand new Wacom Bamboo because a JB Hi-Fi was closing down for $70. :D

Popoto.~<3

Just got back from Supanova, It was insane! Easily, best weekend of my life. I had fun, not a worry in the world and bought a few things too, including a funky hat (see Real Life Pictures) and I scored a deal on a brand new Wacom Bamboo because a JB Hi-Fi was closing down for $70. :D

looks like you had fun!

today i went to 2 grad parties after work. one was my friends, but all his family was there so i bailed and went to another one. arrived, said hey, had a beer, hit on some girl and randomly bailed to go back to the first party. Then played hours and hours of beer pong. Turns out my buddy is a monster, and didn't know cause he never played [sank like 9 for 10 shots his first few games]. So I got pretty trashed, Passed out on his couch watching tosh.0 i think. But now I'm home waiting to pass out again so I can work in 5 hours. good times.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Wow guys I won't dare use my debit card online. The debit card has no protection and has direct access to your bank account. The credit card on the other hand has protection, as well as protection plans, and is not linked to your account so if something goes wrong, you can usually get your money back.

Which is why you don't shop on sites where something could go wrong.

Something could go wrong on any site, although I trust very few sites, even if there's more that are safe than what I like to trust.

Since I only have a debit card and not a credit card, all my online payments are done through paypal. And they're the only ones of have that info. Not even my steam account gets it.

Yeah you just put in all that, the number, and the little 3 digit security code thing. Mine works through Visa so it's probably totally fine.

That's a credit card then. At least in Canada, the easiest way to tell them apart (aside from the fact that they don't have visa, mastercard, american express, or the name of anyone else who does credit cards on them), is that debit cards lack the 3 numbers on the back, and they don't have expiry dates. Debit cards are the ones you use to withdraw money form your account(s) at an ATM.

The problem with debit cards is that as soon as a purchase is made, the money is gone, and never coming back. If someone gets a hold of your card info, they can steal normally at least a couple thousand (most cards and online banking have limits like this) per day.

Even with paypal, I think they can do it so you have an account number to move money into, so that they never have access to any of your actual accounts. You just move money into one they give you, and then you can use that to buy stuff online. To move money outside of the online banking, they would need you actual bank pin, which would allow them to move anything they want up to the cards limit. The bank I use has you make a different password for their site so that your computer never needs to know both your card number, and your cards pin.

I think there might be some confusion about what people mean when they say debit card, and maybe there is some hybrid between what I know as debit, and credit cards that allow them to work online.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Accidently sent my best flash drive through the washing machine, and realized it a couple days later (once it had plenty of drying time). I think it also went through the dryer. Thing works just fine. No data corruption/loss, and even the led light still works just right. Not planning on duplicating that stunt, but very happy that it still works. And its not one with a cap either. It's retractable and open ended, so soapy water was all up inside of it.

Yeah you just put in all that, the number, and the little 3 digit security code thing. Mine works through Visa so it's probably totally fine.

That's a credit card then. At least in Canada, the easiest way to tell them apart (aside from the fact that they don't have visa, mastercard, american express, or the name of anyone else who does credit cards on them), is that debit cards lack the 3 numbers on the back, and they don't have expiry dates. Debit cards are the ones you use to withdraw money form your account(s) at an ATM.

The problem with debit cards is that as soon as a purchase is made, the money is gone, and never coming back. If someone gets a hold of your card info, they can steal normally at least a couple thousand (most cards and online banking have limits like this) per day.

Even with paypal, I think they can do it so you have an account number to move money into, so that they never have access to any of your actual accounts. You just move money into one they give you, and then you can use that to buy stuff online. To move money outside of the online banking, they would need you actual bank pin, which would allow them to move anything they want up to the cards limit. The bank I use has you make a different password for their site so that your computer never needs to know both your card number, and your cards pin.

I think there might be some confusion about what people mean when they say debit card, and maybe there is some hybrid between what I know as debit, and credit cards that allow them to work online.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Accidently sent my best flash drive through the washing machine, and realized it a couple days later (once it had plenty of drying time). I think it also went through the dryer. Thing works just fine. No data corruption/loss, and even the led light still works just right. Not planning on duplicating that stunt, but very happy that it still works. And its not one with a cap either. It's retractable and open ended, so soapy water was all up inside of it.

There are some debit cards that have expiry dates on it, at least mine has, not just my credit cards.

Also, flash drives as long as they're not powered, can go underwater. I remember with my Sandisk that lasted 3 years, went through a washing cycle at least 3 times.

Mine's definitely a debit! I believe it's this. When we asked for a debit card at the bank they give this to me, and it takes everything out of my checking account. I think Bank of America just has a deal with Visa.

Edit: now that I'm actually reading about it, this seems pretty good with security as far as debit goes.

Woke up at about 6pm (stayed up the previous night drinking with a friend,) went and spent the next 4 hours at the hospital with my girlfriend as she had an acute case of the flu and she needed a doctor's certificate because she isn't well enough to work tomorrow. It's now 3am and I have to do some work for my dad at 10am. Far, far too awake to sleep before then.

online.

The difference between a credit card and a debit card is that a debit card takes the money directly from your savings, whereas with a credit card you borrow the money from a financial institution (usually a bank or a creditor,) and you then later pay the money, with interest. Credit cards can also be used like a debit card with no interest. A debit card won't necessarily prevent you from making online purchases, it's just that many banks will give you a card without that option by default, or many people specifically request to not have the option. You can very easily ask for your bank to have that allowed on your cards in the future, which will then have the CSV provided on the back of the card. My debit card is a Mastercard with my bank so I can, and often do, make online purchases with it. It is often a wise idea to use a third-party proxy (such as PayPal) when dealing with online purchases as they provide you with added security and will often allow you to recover funds if someone tries to steal them from you.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Flew into Utah last night, visiting my mom for the week. Should be fun, I've only been here once before. After I go home in 10 days, I've got 3 days at home, then heading up to San Francisco for a week to visit my girlfriend, then back down until summer's over.

I don't think we have those in Canada, or at least I've never seen one (and having worked in retail for a while, I've seen just about every card you can get made in the last decade, including some of the really exclusive executive ones). So yeah, its like a hybrid between debit and credit, which would seem to be something made specifically to allow you to use a debit card online. I think I'll stick with my conventional cards though.

I don't think we have those in Canada, or at least I've never seen one (and having worked in retail for a while, I've seen just about every card you can get made in the last decade, including some of the really exclusive executive ones). So yeah, its like a hybrid between debit and credit, which would seem to be something made specifically to allow you to use a debit card online. I think I'll stick with my conventional cards though.

I think they're newer. I've seen a few though...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I had to check mine regarding this conversation - mine's a debit MasterCard. I can use it online as a debit card but I think also as a credit card, and when I buy stuff at a store it just uses debit (odd because my parents can credit or debit). I don't think I can actually credit things with it as it's a student account and I have no credit as far as I know... Plus last time I ordered online it came right out of my checking account which was nice (no credit card bills). But if I wanted to I could probably call up the bank and ask to have that added... I thought it was...

I had to check mine regarding this conversation - mine's a debit MasterCard. I can use it online as a debit card but I think also as a credit card, and when I buy stuff at a store it just uses debit (odd because my parents can credit or debit). I don't think I can actually credit things with it as it's a student account and I have no credit as far as I know... Plus last time I ordered online it came right out of my checking account which was nice (no credit card bills). But if I wanted to I could probably call up the bank and ask to have that added... I thought it was...

Like I said before, the credit aspect is where you borrow the money and then pay it back later. Usually at the end of the month, or 30 days after the individual purchase was made.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

EDIT: I already posted this while i was still drunk aparently, cool beans.

Today I work a lot. boring, i know.

unrelated: Linkin Park's new album leaked. Listening to it now. It's decent.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

EDIT: I already posted this while i was still drunk aparently, cool beans.

Today I work a lot. boring, i know.

unrelated: Linkin Park's new album leaked. Listening to it now. It's decent.

Better then Minutes to Midnight? that was a bit of a flop sadly :(

Feels weird drawing on a tablet and looking at a screen. Bought a Bamboo on the weekend for $70 and trying to get used to using it and setting up the sensitivity on photoshop w/it.

THEN learn how to use photoshop properly for colouring.

Popoto.~<3

Hit by a car while on a racing bicycle, only some abrasions though...

Good that you didn't suffer anything major. Anything happen to the bike?

For me I did a bit of haying today and made $40. Some more to go tomorrow if the weather goes right, then I need to start the search for a steady job for the summer.

On that linkin park discussion, what's the name of their upcoming album? haven't listened to one of their albums for a very long time and would be fun to look that new album up on youtube if there's samples or something.

Well, based on the example I don't think I'm going to take the time to linsten to the album (which I don't know the name yet). If the whole album sounds like that, I won't like it.