Today...

Leoo

My computer doesn't want to read my Windows XP boot disk. Aka, I have no computer.

You can get a windows 8 beta online for free. If your computer can handle that (and you don't mind formatting your HD) you can always go with that.

Does it have to replace your OS, or can you put it on a blank hard drive. If so, I smell my new VM operating system. If not, I think I can get it some XP.

I used in on virtual box for a while, so you should be good.

It is a new hard drive, so it is already clean. My copy of Windows 7 is that shitty "upgrade only" version. My computer is worth less than a new copy of Windows 7. I can't use the Windows 8 because it requires a licensed OS to already be on the computer, and I doubt that it would downgrade and allow me to use 7 again. Basically if I can't find a friend with a clean install version of 2000, Xp, Vista, or Windows 7 x32' I wasted $70 on a new hard drive and I will need to buy a new computer.

Are you sure about that? I put it on a completely blank virtual hard drive once and had no trouble with it.

The thing is that if I turn on my computer is says "boot manager missing" and I can't do anything. At all. I would try it with Windows 8, but I have no way to obtain a copy since I have no computer.

I have it set to boot from disk at the moment. That isn't the issue. The issue is that I don't have an OS for it.

I put the old hard drive from my old computer into this one.... So at least I have a computer now.

Just got back from paying half of my life's savings. That was one of the most painful experiences of my life. I'm not sure I'm going to make it through college if I have to pay for stuff all the time. :(

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

omg. this is amazing. *note that I haven't actually heard all of it yet but it's pretty freaking awesome sounding*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__jKWoYH8

MUCH better than that garbage on the album trailer.

The beginning of it sounds like something that would be in a Kingdom Hearts game. Sounds pretty good. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

My computer doesn't want to read my Windows XP boot disk. Aka, I have no computer.

You can get a windows 8 beta online for free. If your computer can handle that (and you don't mind formatting your HD) you can always go with that.

Does it have to replace your OS, or can you put it on a blank hard drive. If so, I smell my new VM operating system. If not, I think I can get it some XP.

I used in on virtual box for a while, so you should be good.

It is a new hard drive, so it is already clean. My copy of Windows 7 is that shitty "upgrade only" version. My computer is worth less than a new copy of Windows 7. I can't use the Windows 8 because it requires a licensed OS to already be on the computer, and I doubt that it would downgrade and allow me to use 7 again. Basically if I can't find a friend with a clean install version of 2000, Xp, Vista, or Windows 7 x32' I wasted $70 on a new hard drive and I will need to buy a new computer.

Are you sure about that? I put it on a completely blank virtual hard drive once and had no trouble with it.

The thing is that if I turn on my computer is says "boot manager missing" and I can't do anything. At all. I would try it with Windows 8, but I have no way to obtain a copy since I have no computer.

Then you probably only have to fix your mbr for it to boot (or is that for a similar problem? can't recall). Also, I wouldn't suggest going to Windows 8, if you don't have a touch screen, you won't like it. It is possible to use a "Upgrade Only" Windows 7 disc to do a clean install. Just let me know and I'll link a tutorial to you. As for Windows 8, you can do a clean install as well, Microsoft gives a free key (that will only work for the release preview period) with the Windows 8 ISOs.

If I could do a clean install from my upgrade disk, I would have done it and had no issues. There is nothing wrong with my computer or my hard drive. My issue is that I don't have a previous OS on either a boot disk or USB device that I can use as a platform to upgrade.

Just having a thought about games.

In general, I slowly buy more and more of them as I get bored with each one in turn, and want something new, interspaced with a bit of revisiting the old once I haven't played it in a long enough time that its fun again. But today, I think I have gotten to the point where I simply just have way to much stuff, and the options have paralyzed me into doing nothing.

There is a stack of games I would like to play, or rather get back into. I have no less than two stories I wouldn't mind trying to hammer out on the keyboard, and two books to read. Just too many choices. Nomrally its a nice thing to have so much choice, becuase at any given time most of them aren't appealing, but yeah.

So instead of doing one of the 12 choices I just outlined above (roughly 8 games I would like to play right now), I think I am going to choose option 13 and have a shower so I can just think for a few minutes, and maybe make a choice.

6/27/12

the day Marty McFly first went back to the future, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How can people not remember its 2015. Its thirty in the past, thirty in the future, then 100 in the past.

I bought a new SATA hard drive today and finally can use my laptop again. Ah I missed this thing.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Today was my last day of Taekwondo. I've been going for 8 years now, and am a third degree black belt. This is the first of the really hard "you're leaving home" moments I've had since Speech ended during third term.

Hopefully I get to go back after detasseling and take cupcakes. I really need to.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

6/27/12

the day Marty McFly first went back to the future, if I'm not mistaken.

It was a hoax, real date is Oct. 2015

I was lied to by many people.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY!

[bleep] you. j/k

Just got back from going to the Dodgers-Mets baseball game. Probably the worst baseball game I've ever gone to in my life and my first Dodgers game since moving to LA. It also didn't help that this 8yr old in from me just wanted to eat the entire game. I don't think there was a moment when he wasn't snacking on something, at one point his mother was hand feed him gummy worms like a mother bird feeding her nest. I wanted to take a picture but they would have obviously seen me do it.

tFtfA.jpg

Urgh, I have post-nasal drip, so I'm constantly coughing and it's given me a horrible migraine that won't go away until I see my doctor about it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Recovering after the Italy vs Germany match last night.

I'm in Rome ATM with my mates on holiday, went to Piazza de Poplolo where there was a big screen; it went insane when the match was finally over! Now trying to sort out our next interrailing stop..

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Best part of the Italy v Germany match was the BBC coverage. When Italy scored their first goal, there was a close up of a Germany fan who had a tear running down their cheek xD

Today I went on a lickle bike ride with the sister. Upon returning home my sister and I fabricated a story about how we saw a random half-naked man in the woods. My mum being one of the most gullible woman alive believed it and almost started crying. I feared for my life so I owned up. I was cornered in the kitchen with a half eaten banana in my mouth, unable to hold the giggles whilst my mum held a slipper at me threateningly xD Ah Mother, you make it so easy.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I don't normally post here, so why not now?

Just did a 4 day stint being a car park attendant at the Royal Norfolk Show. It's basically an agricultural festival where people compare cows. In any case, I got ludicrously sunburnt even with cream, and the wage was just disappointing. I think I've decided that for someone like me (19 year old university undergraduate student), there aren't any summer jobs that are worth doing, the wages are too low.

~ W ~

sigzi.png