Today...

Leoo

I agree. I've been looking for a job for months and can't find a summer job. I almost got several interviews but as soon as they see that I'm a student, I lose all chances of getting the job. Probably going to go work in blueberries in july, but as you said, pay is too low since it's minimum salary.

I agree. I've been looking for a job for months and can't find a summer job. I almost got several interviews but as soon as they see that I'm a student, I lose all chances of getting the job. Probably going to go work in blueberries in july, but as you said, pay is too low since it's minimum salary.

Same problem here. May have to just lie. Or if you have a conscious, you know, coincidentally omit that piece of information :P

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Same problem here. May have to just lie. Or if you have a conscious, you know, coincidentally omit that piece of information :P

Yeah well, I tried that, but when they took a look at my resume they saw that I wasn't done with college yet. If they hadn't taken a look though I'd probably have a full time job for the summer. I might just advertise that I repair computers around here for a lesser price and A+ certified. Not as much money than a job, but still a few bucks :P.

Wow... Just found out that my work cannot be marked because I missed the deadline for a resubmission, one which I was not told about. I won't get the points I need for my university course. I needed 240 points but I only have 200 from this course. I have no idea what to do now.

rc1tzc.png

Wow... Just found out that my work cannot be marked because I missed the deadline for a resubmission, one which I was not told about. I won't get the points I need for my university course. I needed 240 points but I only have 200 from this course. I have no idea what to do now.

Wow. I suppose it depends, do you have a solid enough case to make some noise about it? It's not like you have anything to lose in that respect.

Was the deadline posted somewhere reasonable for you to see, or was it not posted at all?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

We weren't told the deadline for when they were going to send the results to Edexcel. They did say that all the work had to be in 26th of May however for some modules there was work to be handed in after that date so I think they were mistaken when they announced that. This particular teacher also likes to mark his work very late. His first module it ended up being marked a week before it was due. Also we don't have a time limit to resubmit corrected work so I put it off thinking it was okay.

It's not a solid alibi and it's my fault. I even paid a £200 non-refundable booking fee for accommodation. I just feel so shit knowing that I could have prevented this had I not dawdled. I dread when I have to tell my parents.

rc1tzc.png

This has been one of the crappiest weeks I've had in a long time. And I found out detasseling starts next week, on the third, so it's not looking up. I just want to sleep. [/facebookgirlpost]

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

In town to take care of my brothers dog for a night. It was ungodly hot outside when I came in town and did some shopping. The first time I got out of the car I thought I was going to expire before I reached the store. It had been warm out at my parents, but between standing on a field of asphalt and the warmer city winds, just urgh. And now I am about to go to sleep, and this bedroom/house has the same issue as my normal place of residence, where it is just too hot. Though I'm pretty sure my normal spot would still make this room look like an icebox by comparison, so I'm just as happy to not be living there right now. Heck, I could almost pick my future home based on which house is least likely to make me burst into flames on warm summer nights.

I almost bought a volume of american dad, but the price made me go 'holy shit' so I didn't. I'll pay $24 for the commentary, full episodes (with all the stuff they cut put back in), and uncensored, but I will not pay $36. I think I'll wait a while longer. Once I start to find out what I am missing, I'll want all of them, so if I hold out I can save some money. Instead, I wandered into the games section. Kind of hard to find a pc game in a store these days. Fallout was on sale for like what I paid for it (or less) including all the expansion packs. Just for that I could have bought it since that makes it cheaper than all of them combined on steam, and it looks like it has some other extended maps thrown in. I might yet splurge and pick it up on the way home. I bought its like named edition of fallout 3, since it was cheaper and I don't already own it. Same deal, comes with all the expansions (and a French manual, but not an English one because hey, its not like anyone speaks English in this [officially English] province. Was a time when you always got both).

Detasseling? I can only imagine the horrors that await you. I hope it pays semi-well.

It's over $2000 for 3 weeks of hell. It pays extremely well, but it's miserable work: 8+ hours a day, 7 days a week, in 90+ heat, rain or shine, starting at 4:00 in the morning. Last year, we had people fainting at the end of every single day, and it's at least as hot this year.

Anyway, came home, watched youtube videos, and I feel better now. I just needed to stop feeling down, I guess.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

kids and their expensive-as-shit cars :(

Mine so needs a paint job soon, It's making me cry driving an old car with potential but looks weak due to appearance.

Popoto.~<3

Got my new car today. It's a 2007 Camry

newcar001.jpg

newcar002.jpg

newcar003.jpg

newcar004.jpg

newcar005.jpg

newcar006.jpg

newcar007.jpg

newcar008.jpg

newcar009.jpg

looks well taken care of :thumbsup:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Saw Ted today, it was an advanced screening since it doesn't come out in Australian until the 5th of July. Gotta say I really love it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Can't believe Italy lost. :(

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I was up for about 42 hours before I finally got to go to bed this morning, but it was worth it. Had to work Friday, stayed up through the night and helped my friend's parents yesterday (made $40), then went to my best friend's house to hang out, since he had apparently gotten back from Basic Reconnaissance School. We hung out, got some pizza, he told us some stories, messed with some sparklers, and then we all played Halo Reach (there were five of us there playing). Left at about 5:00 this morning. Good times. :thumbup:

One of the funniest stories he told us was when he and his squad were patrolling, and saw the OPFOR students coming along. They all got off the road, and his squad leader decided that they were going to take one of them "hostage", and told my friend to make a bunch of noise so one of them would come over and look. So while the squad got in position, he rustled a bush, which got on of them with a flashlight to come over. You could see the flashlight in the dark walking, then suddenly a loud WHUMP, and he was gone. Eventually the rest of the OPFOR squad came looking for him, and my friend's squad "killed" them and took their clothes, eventually taking the guy who drove the OPFOR students to and from the exercise hostage. He had nothing to do with the exercise at all, too.

My friend's supervisor thought it was hilarious.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Canada Day has been fun. Finally put our firepit by the lake to use, watching people light off fireworks. I never noticed how the locals do it before. One person lights one or two off, then someone else fires one, then another guy, and eventually the first guy will launch another one and so on. It's actually really nice cause you can hold a conversation and still enjoy some of the fireworks (you can't see all of them from our vantage) for literally about an hour and a half.

Also, when the city launched theirs off it was pretty impressive. You can actually see some of them from out here, many kilometres out, but its the sound that's spectacular. It's like all your neighbors got super high powered base systems and are playing earthquake tracks. Just this background rumble for 15 minutes strait.

And I got to play indiana jones a bit with one of the bug torches on the way back to the house, using one as a light source. Torches such too. Not a big flame on these, but they throw out enough light, but they also dazzle you with their omnidirectional light unless you use a hand to block them so you still can't see much. Also, I scared at least two bats or something out of trees. Made me jump a bit.

Been a very nice day.

Today, the official Mens and Womens Artistic Gymnastic Teams for the 2012 Olympic Games were named. I predicted the Women's team at least two weeks ago, with the exception of one of the alternates. And I was really not sure that they would take one of the girls and kind of scared they'd be leaving the reigning World Champion on vault at home... but they're taking her, thank goodness, and I am very happy. ^.^

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

parents are gone for a week \:D/

not having a party though cause im too lazy to clean up after myself let alone all my animalistic friends.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Well the Collegeboard released AP scores by phone today. Costs 8 bucks, and you get results in the mail for free in about three weeks. Unfortunately I'm impatient, so I was a sucker and payed the 8 bucks.

I GOT A 5 ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMP! So happy. I knew I did okay, but I was not expecting a 5.

I got a 4 on AP US History, so I'm pretty stoked about that too. Glad I passed.

Aaaand I got a 2 on AP Chem. God damn it. Haha oh well. I knew I was either gonna get a 2 or a 3.

Well the Collegeboard released AP scores by phone today. Costs 8 bucks, and you get results in the mail for free in about three weeks. Unfortunately I'm impatient, so I was a sucker and payed the 8 bucks.

I GOT A 5 ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMP! So happy. I knew I did okay, but I was not expecting a 5.

I got a 4 on AP US History, so I'm pretty stoked about that too. Glad I passed.

I got a 3 on those... :-(

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

We have our HTPC set up downstairs now with XBMC on it getting stuff from our media server. Today I'm gonna be spending time making sure it's pulling all the episode titles and information properly for our TV shows and Anime and fixing everything up to be even better than it already is. :thumbsup:

I've also got to order my student bus ticket. £110 for 3 months travel is amazing since I'm going to be using it for work soon every day. 2 weeks before I start now.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].