Today...

Leoo

Recently I've been unable to make any posts. Like, I'd type out a post, leave it there never hitting the submit button and then just go to a different thread. I've done this like 15 times since the forums came back up and this is my first post since. What's wrong with me?...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Recently I've been unable to make any posts. Like, I'd type out a post, leave it there never hitting the submit button and then just go to a different thread. I've done this like 15 times since the forums came back up and this is my first post since. What's wrong with me?...

Welcome to my world. I post probably a little over half of the posts I write, and still the terrible ones squeak through late at night.

Actually, it's something I've started to pay more attention, the difference between how I am when it's a nice sunny day, and how I am when maybe I haven't even seen the sun since I woke up (not because I wake up at 8pm, but because we get enough fog or cloud cover this time of year you don't see the sun every day). Apparently some of the more pleasant facets of my personality are solar powered :lol:

• Like 1

So I've dropped out of uni for a while. Currently looking for full-time employment, I've found two suitable choices, and then remembered about this thing called a resume I'm supposed to write up to hand in. I'm not good with them so I have to get someone to help me with writing one.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

sometimes when i drink from a wineglass i'll worry that someone will try that thing where they tap the bottom of your glass up to try and make you spill your drink all over yourself but instead they'll smash my glass into my teeth and shatter it all into my mouth and i'll reflexively swallow it all

these are very real concerns which plague my day to day life

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

sometimes when i drink from a wineglass i'll worry that someone will try that thing where they tap the bottom of your glass up to try and make you spill your drink all over yourself but instead they'll smash my glass into my teeth and shatter it all into my mouth and i'll reflexively swallow it all

yeah man

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Either way, pulling out is a horrible contraceptive.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Economy/sex-study-pull-withdrawal-method-rivals-condoms-birth/story?id=7688558

http://www.11points.com/News-Politics/11_Most_Popular_Birth_Control_Methods,_In_Order_of_Effectiveness

96% effectivity

Stop perpetrating the myth that it's a terrible contraceptive, when it is actually one of the most effective ways of preventing unwanted children. Not everybody wants to have to ruin their body with drugs, the pill causes headaches, weight gain and can cause complications such as deep vein thrombosis and heart attacks. The condom results in loss of sensation.

qTLQRuS.png

Either way, pulling out is a horrible contraceptive.

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=7688558

http://www.11points....f_Effectiveness

96% effectivity

Stop perpetrating the myth that it's a terrible contraceptive, when it is actually one of the most effective ways of preventing unwanted children. Not everybody wants to have to ruin their body with drugs, the pill causes headaches, weight gain and can cause complications such as deep vein thrombosis and heart attacks. The condom results in loss of sensation.

Why'd you reply to something that was posted over half a month ago?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I must have missed the announcement where ABC News became a leading publisher of evidence-based medical journals. How strange...

On the other hand, I did find this letter written to the editor in the journal Sexually transmitted diseases:

Coitus interruptus is not contraception[/i]. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 38 (4) 356']In the article by Sznitman et al.,1 the authors suggest that because 60% of the adolescents in their study reported use of coitus interruptus, “sexual educators need to honestly acknowledge withdrawal can prevent pregnancy.” The probability of coitus interruptus failure is estimated to be 18.8% during the first 12 months of use.2 Furthermore, an estimated 27% of women users of coitus interruptus have an unintended pregnancy during the first year of use.3

27% seems like a pretty silly risk to take when there are literally dozens of alternatives out there.

96% effectivity

What does this even mean? Effective at what? At what point? When used how frequently?

Not everybody wants to have to ruin their body with drugs

By this I'm guessing you mean oestrogen and progesterone. The oestrogen-based forms of contraception act by maintaining an average level of oestrogen throughout the menstrual cycle, effectively tricking the body into thinking a follicle is already developing, disrupting the menstrual cycle.

We're not exactly pumping the body full of plutonium, here.

the pill causes headaches, weight gain and can cause complications such as deep vein thrombosis and heart attacks.

Oestrogen-based medication is contraindicated against certain hereditary conditions, yes, but it's otherwise safe for the vast majority of women.

Furthermore, it's not the only form of female contraception. You've already mentioned condoms (less attractive for women, admittedly). There's also coils, Depo injections, implants, vaginal rings, patches (this less frequently used), most of which do not contain oestrogen or progesterone.

The condom results in loss of sensation.

It's also the only protection a male has against picking up an STI, or in some cases, the female as well. Why you would even consider not using one--or if you're female, insisting your male partner uses one--beggars belief, with the obvious exception of trying for conception.

There's blokes out there that use antiseptic condoms too, to deliberately take away some of the sensation and make it go a bit slower and longer, if you catch my drift. ;)

• Like 1

96% efficiency?

Thought it was more of a matter of

yodaw.jpg

Anyway. Did little researching/writing yesterday, but today I wrote a page! 1/6 of the way there.

EDIT: Now 1/3 done.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I only had one one hour class- Macroeconomics and for the last time. Final exam next week. Also watched a lot on netflix, and played some Mass Effect 3 and DA2. Going to prepare and study for exams.

A point about female biology. When the female body is pregnant (or thinks it is, as is the case with birth control pills), the preference for MHC (Major Histocompatibility Complex) is reversed. This is a fairly big deal, since MHC determines whose scent you find attractive (human pheromones), which in turn would seem to have a pretty big bearing on who you fall in love with. Probably a good chance that this is a big factor in higher divorce rates, since people get married without her ever not being on the pill, finding out that their bodies think they are totally incompatible only later, when they go to have a child.

• Like 1

Today I went to Pizza Hut during their buffet hours. Found out they stopped serving desert pizza because apparently the suppliers were letting glass shards get into the pizzas or some shit. I thought of OT and Wongtong.

• Like 2

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

So a couple days ago I walked a nice way across the city and back again in a nicer pair of shoes, instead of my regular sneakers. A painful reminder of why I love sneakers so much. Should not be walking that far without arch support (so my normal, or orthotics which I'm sure I have knocking around someplace). 48 hours later and my feet still hurt if I walk for a bit, or pretty much instantly if I so much as stand in bare feet. Perhaps not the brightest thing I have ever done, given that this is not the first time it has taken days to recover.

The joys of living. And high arches.

I'm sure someone on here knows of something like this:

I'm looking for a site where I can upload txt/js/whatever-type files and have them be accessible to another site. Tumblr doesn't allow you to upload files to their servers unless they're one of the file types for posts, so I need an external site. I tried using dropbox, and it worked for the .js file loading from the HTML source, but not for a .txt file I was loading from one of the scripts in the first file. It gives me a 403 security error instead of reading the file in.

Of course, I could just be doing something wrong on the javascript. God knows that's possible, considering how little I understand it. :/

Wouldn't be OT without a little glass eating ;)

Today I went to Pizza Hut during their buffet hours. Found out they stopped serving desert pizza because apparently the suppliers were letting glass shards get into the pizzas or some shit. I thought of OT and Wongtong.

case in point :twss:

today, I hung out with some friends and got real weird deep at a fire. nothing super special to report I guess. Just normal everyday screw ups.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Then find a home and we can move out? :3

Could you afford your share of rent/utilities?

I try to :<

Applied for the usual Apple 6-month hiring. Hoping I get it this time. Though I still lack hipster-mode since I can't afford the tattoo's and piercings I've wanted.

Popoto.~<3

I'm sure someone on here knows of something like this:

I'm looking for a site where I can upload txt/js/whatever-type files and have them be accessible to another site. Tumblr doesn't allow you to upload files to their servers unless they're one of the file types for posts, so I need an external site. I tried using dropbox, and it worked for the .js file loading from the HTML source, but not for a .txt file I was loading from one of the scripts in the first file. It gives me a 403 security error instead of reading the file in.

Of course, I could just be doing something wrong on the javascript. God knows that's possible, considering how little I understand it. :/

Just off the top of my head, paste bin.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Today I was sad that Tyleryt and RpGgamer are not in the tavern :(

Old members who never came back.

-

On this day I finally began reading Jane Eyre for my English Test (A-Level, so same as AP) tomorrow. I opted to simply read the chapter notes. I regret taking English, I was not allowed to change it for another subject without just dropping it.

qTLQRuS.png

I was never part of the tavern. It was the Library back when I was there. And we were doing something closer to storytelling than role playing there, which I enjoy more tbh.

Woke up at 8 o'clock for work. Ugh. Why do I want a job again?