Today...

Leoo

It was like 2:40am on a monday, the trains didn't start till 5 and everything else was closed. It was a pretty fun there actually, I can handle seeing guys grope each other. Even the 15 minute solo performance by the transexual was bearable.

Okay.

Couldn't you just lie down on a bench at the station ?

I'd rather be eyed and hit on than mugged and raped. D:

It's a urban train station in a quiet Australia city, at 2:40 in the morning, which at another time would be mildly populated.

It's not as if some junkie shot up on smack would "mug and rape" you.

Really? From what I've seen brisbane and the valley are always packed with weird [bleep]s

[hide]

It was like 2:40am on a monday, the trains didn't start till 5 and everything else was closed. It was a pretty fun there actually, I can handle seeing guys grope each other. Even the 15 minute solo performance by the transexual was bearable.

Okay.

It's a urban train station in a quiet Australia city, at 2:40 in the morning, which at another time would be mildly populated.

Really? From what I've seen brisbane and the valley are always packed with weird [bleep]s

[/hide]

From experience... unless you are clean sober and capable of running very fast in the direction of police.. don't be hanging out on the train stations by yourself. Enough muggings and rapes happen on them (even with 24hr CCTV) during the day, the number just goes up at night. When I'm outside a club/pub after lock-out I head for The Bunker. 24hr internet Cafe at the top end of QSM. If that's busy, I just head to the one which is just further up and on the other side. You can kill like 2hrs there without noticing it.

Edit: And my day thus far has consisted of a 17.1bb/100 session of poker, profits this week have almost covered my christmas expenses

Edit 2: 5.8bb/100 was for one table, not all 6.. correct win-rate above.

I've been playing Zelda: The Ocarina of Time for way too long.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

ECON 200

INTRODUCTION TO MICROECONOMICS A

GIT 640

COLOR REPRODUCTION C

ENGL 299

INTRO TO RESEARCH WRITING A

GIT 601

LABORATORY PRACTICUM A

HIST 101

WORLD HISTORY TO 1500 C

Pretty happy with my grades. Thought for sure I'd get a D in world history.

Ugh, I sleep too much. I go to sleep around 11-1 then wake up 12 hours later. >_> Tips on how to motivate me to get up and not snooze for another hour or so?

I used to have the same problem... Then I put my alarm clock on the side of my room opposite my bed. It works :thumbup:

Ugh, I sleep too much. I go to sleep around 11-1 then wake up 12 hours later. >_> Tips on how to motivate me to get up and not snooze for another hour or so?

I used to have the same problem... Then I put my alarm clock on the side of my room opposite my bed. It works :thumbup:

Theres some clocks out there that pop out a lil' helicopter ball thing that flies out and you need to get up and put back into place within the clock so it will stop buzzing or whatever.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Theres some clocks out there that pop out a lil' helicopter ball thing that flies out and you need to get up and put back into place within the clock so it will stop buzzing or whatever.

There's one that Lenin always posts. It beeps really loudly, and then it starts rolling around and you have to find it to stop the beeping.

I have major issues getting up, and I would try putting my alarm clock on the other side of the room, but I don't think I'd hear it...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Got my 600 bucks for the GI Joes I sold :mrgreen:

Damn that's nice. How many did you sell?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Some strange person has been calling me for the past half hour when I was in the shower, leaving messages that sound a lot like a cartoon walrus ... crying.

The number looks familiar, but it isn't anyone I know. I'm pretty confused.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

[hide]

Okay.

[/hide]

From experience... unless you are clean sober and capable of running very fast in the direction of police.. don't be hanging out on the train stations by yourself. Enough muggings and rapes happen on them (even with 24hr CCTV) during the day, the number just goes up at night. When I'm outside a club/pub after lock-out I head for The Bunker. 24hr internet Cafe at the top end of QSM. If that's busy, I just head to the one which is just further up and on the other side. You can kill like 2hrs there without noticing it.

Edit: And my day thus far has consisted of a 5.8bb/100 session of poker, profits this week have almost covered my christmas expenses

That gaming place next to City Hall ? Been there once.

Well, I've been proven wrong again. I've only been to Brisbane a few times, so you guys would definitley know better than me. :wall:

Google Map of top end of QSM... #62 is 'The Bunker' and #43 is the other place I'm talking about... Can't remember the name atm, haven't been there for a while.

And I'm not saying it's like that all the time.. but often enough to make you want to hang around the more crowded areas, either near the McDonald's in the valley, or near Hungry Jacks in QSM. Granted the chances of being mugged/raped are low-ish (unless you're female)... no need to increase the risk for no reason. Hell, even in the crowded areas you might run into trouble

The best solution is catch a cab and head home as soon as you're done for the night. Or stay in the club you're at if it's past lock-down. If you're outside after lock-down, best be in a group and somewhere that isn't isolated. If you're in a female group, having at least one guy with you increases your security a lot (someone did a study on it at some point.. can't find source atm).

There's just not much you can do when around drunks and possibly drugged up people. You look at some of them funny and they'll smack you in the face, or worse. May as well do what you can to avoid being in any situation which draws a target on you for these types.

It is a [cabbage] city. Don't let the advertisements fool you. I'd suggest the Gold Coast, but eh... depends on when you go. Try the sunshine coast. Or one of Qld's many islands :)

Okay.

Next time you're up this way, I'll show you to a really awful station, at least once a week, you hear of something happening, even in broad daylight, and it's not even one of the more derro places around here.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Got my 600 bucks for the GI Joes I sold :mrgreen:

Damn that's nice. How many did you sell?

Two. A Baroness and a Zap. I'm thinking of selling my other GI Joes but I figured I should probably wait until 2011 since they'd be 20 years old then (manufactured in 1991).

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

You guys are making Australia sound like ...

Lubbock.

*GASP*

And screw you Grim with the LA. It's a piece of [cabbage] but its a wonderful piece of [cabbage]! <3:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You guys are making Australia sound like ...

Lubbock.

*GASP*

And screw you Grim with the LA. It's a piece of [cabbage] but its a wonderful piece of [cabbage]! <3:

I have a deep burning hatred for it probably stemming from the fact that I live in northern California. That and I dont really like large amounts of traffic. Honestly its a toss up between the two.

LNYvk.png

There's one that Lenin always posts. It beeps really loudly, and then it starts rolling around and you have to find it to stop the beeping.

I have major issues getting up, and I would try putting my alarm clock on the other side of the room, but I don't think I'd hear it...

Yup, clocky. The alarm clock from Hell. The main draw point is that if you snooze, it runs away, but for me the draw is that it scares me too much to put it on snooze. I've never had to make it roll away because I have never hit the snooze button. I still remember the first night I used it, nearly two years ago; actually, almost exactly two years ago (it was a Christmas gift). I had no idea what the hell was going on. This loud, random beeping, which makes it impossible to get used to an fall asleep again, the flashing lights...it was like an alien abduction. That's actually what my sister, who sleeps across the hall and was woken up by it, thought it was. God. Damn. This thing works. So here's the link, as usual, if anybody wants it: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/91f2/

Oh, and in those two years, the only time I've had to change the battery was last month.I don't know if that's average for a clock, but I thought it was pretty cool.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yup, clocky. The alarm clock from Hell. The main draw point is that if you snooze, it runs away, but for me the draw is that it scares me too much to put it on snooze. I've never had to make it roll away because I have never hit the snooze button. I still remember the first night I used it, nearly two years ago; actually, almost exactly two years ago (it was a Christmas gift). I had no idea what the hell was going on. This loud, random beeping, which makes it impossible to get used to an fall asleep again, the flashing lights...it was like an alien abduction. That's actually what my sister, who sleeps across the hall and was woken up by it, thought it was. God. Damn. This thing works. So here's the link, as usual, if anybody wants it: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/91f2/

Oh, and in those two years, the only time I've had to change the battery was last month.I don't know if that's average for a clock, but I thought it was pretty cool.

I have that exact clock XD It really does work... I never understood snooze buttons... Why would you press it when you could just turn it off? I actually have two alarm clocks... I have a "normal" alarm clock right next to my bed and the hell clock across my room. I turn the one next to my bed off when it goes off... I don't think I've ever hit snooze >.> The one across the room is just backup :/ It works, though. It's impossible to sleep through both <.<