Atom Smasher

Tribal

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this an absolute waste of 4.4 Billion pounds, we're here already, why must we know how we got here? To try and prove religion wrong? I doubt it, to give some scientists their giggles? Seriously doubt that as well.

That 4.4 Billion could've been spent seriously helping those in Africa, not finding out how we got here which is ratter irrelevant now :|

I don't care about Africa, so to me the LHC is more important. Africa is in trouble, yeah, it always will be the politicians are corrupt and the money won't go to help them. Lets use the LHC to put a black hole overtop of Africa, yeahhh, +1 me.

Well. I'm happy. I'm not dead... Yet.

So, I heard on the news taht it is suspected that it will take 50 months for the black holes to form. Great, 4 years. I'll make good use of my 4 final years.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

Just to let you know we will NOT DIE.

The so called 'black holes' will be so small you would need a microscope to see it, haven't you ever heard some1 say the newspaper IS NOT 100% true! DO NOT believe everything which is said in the newspaper! They only do it to SELL theres and if you buy two different newspaper there is completely different stories about things. THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

This scientist can help explain a bit

Lucky I'm taking physics right now. :lol:

My teacher said that the chances of a black hole forming are tiny, that particles accelerate and collide at greater velocities in other places than in the LHC and don't create black holes..

Personally excited at what will be discovered.

Oh yes! Except when you do the math, it's only in like... November. So yeah :(

but they start smashing protons around october 21st. Guess what is 50 months after october 21st, 2008.

:shock: :lol:

That would be funny if that came true. :o

j0xPu5R.png

Yeah I don't feel like reading all the pages of this, but doesn't the "End of the world" or whatever line up with the end of the Aztec Calnedar or something, or the supposed Doomsday of the Earth?

And because they have done the smasher thingy, and I am not dead, my friend owes me 20 bucks... 8-)

Big_Stingman.png

[hide=]

Since there's not a zero per cent chance, then it's kinda' odd to say "there is absolutely no way that the LHC is going to destroy the world". And I totally agree with the LHC being a waste of money.

Well if we're going to be completely scientific about there's no a zero percent chance, but there's never a zero percent chance of anything. Most of the black hole talk is scaremongering, and the papers published on it have been ripped apart by peer reviews. We're not doing anything that isn't already happening in the upper atmosphere.

Why is the LHC a waste of money?

Becuase you could spend the money on something more usefull that will physically help us. Still why waste 4.4 billion on an experiment that has slight chance of killing us? Why take the risk? What will we get from it?

The risk is so minimal that I call it inexistant.

They just want to scare you, especially The Sun since they can have sales this way. And on what would you say that money could have been?

To me, this is not a waste of money.

There are so many other things you can spend money on...

But there is still a risk. Do they know what they are doing? Who knows what will happen during this experiment.

I would rather not take the risk because the consequences could be very severe.

[/hide]

To put things into perspective, the entire world budget on war is over 1 trillion dollars (1000 billion), the USA alone contributing to more than 50% of that budget.

And you guys whine that when more than 80 countries scrape up 4 billion and "waste" it on Science... c'mon. I'd gladly fork up 4 billion if it could help us understand our Universe, find answers to those age-old questions.

hiccup.png

[hide=]

10698_48c7161254f4d_preview.jpg

We're all doomed.

[/hide]

OMG rofl!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I don't feel like reading all the pages of this, but doesn't the "End of the world" or whatever line up with the end of the Aztec Calnedar or something, or the supposed Doomsday of the Earth?

And because they have done the smasher thingy, and I am not dead, my friend owes me 20 bucks... 8-)

How many people have predicted the end of the world now? I doubt ANYONE knows when the world may ever end. Silly Aztecs. :P

And this is an interesting experiment, I want to know more now. (I'll do more research tomorrow.) :D

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png