a lvl 121 who has never gotten a chamipon scroll

mmmorgan

I'm not a high level (only level 80 at the time of this post), but I did happen to get a Hill Giant scroll while training prayer. I had no idea that they were as rare as I've been hearing. Makes me feel incredibly lucky to have gotten one.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2 hill giant ones IN A ROW.

I have them in my bank.

Can't you only have 1 of a race :?

Obviously not. I was seriously surprised.

bank picture please.. because i honestly dont believe you....

OT: im combat... 124 and ive had 1 off a goblin burthorpe task, so meh not bad, still want that imp one... :lol:

lilneyerguysig.png

newsiglo9.jpg

goblins are lucky 4 me. everytime i randomly kill one, id say 25% of the time it has a clue.

OT: I feel very lucky. 3 champion scrolls, never hunted. Zombie, hill giant, and imp

OK maybe im exaggerating... I did get one hill giants though

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

I spent a few days camping at monsters trying to get scrolls so I could unlock the music track.

After killing about 1000 of each monster that dropped them except lessers, and being unsuccessful, I continued to camp at the goblin hut. I killed goblins cause they're the quickest to kill. I was relatively lucky, and got a scroll after 3450 kills...

My advice is if you want any scroll, just kill goblins in the Lumbridge Hut. You'll race through the kills.

Ive been very luck and got 2 of them. Both of them with-in 700 kills. I got a hill giant one and a greater demon one as well(Both between 87-91 combat). So you dont have to get them in any ordwer, they are just extremly rare to get.

Good luck with getting one.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

for 1 i think the reason is they are rare... but besides that, how often do you kill the creatures that drop them? honestly how often? because, i know i rarely kill goblins, skeles, giants, jogres, imps, earth warriors, ghouls, hobgoblins, or zombies. in the past i killed lessers but that was before champion's challenge.

fwiw i've gotten 2 scrolls. 1 from lessers; the day champion's challenge was released. and the other from jogres; while trying for lvl 2 clue drops. i've tried killing gouls, giants, hobgoblins, earth warriors and no scroll from those.

i'm satisfied that it is as rare as intended and only those that want to put that sort of time in to killing those specific monsters can hope to get those scrolls. the rewards are not related to gp or recognition and that's kind of a mixed bag but i think if the rewards were really good; it'd be very frustrating for many people. but as it is, it is just there and if you want to go for it; it's there if you are up to it. no big rewards other than the satisfaction that comes with achieving something not many people have. the comradery developed between challenge hunters is in part due to the exhausting efforts; the rarity and that shared experience creates a unique bond.

should jagex ever make it easier it would totally eliminate the challenge of it. it's good to have these kind of things in the game; while much of the game has been simplified and made easy for better or worse; and the lack of patience or determination of some players should not cause something like this to be made easier in my opinion. because for one, the whole point of it is it's supposed to be hard. there are no huge prizes or recognition or new things to show off; it's a personal reward. i'd say it's pretty neat and makes that rare scroll drop that much more exciting and meaningful. whether you were trying for it or not. i actually think more things like this would benefit the game.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

I've finished this "mini" game just for the sake of being able to say done. It is not for the easily distracted. I did keep track of my kills and yes, the scrolls can be incredibly rare:

02183 Imps - 2007-07-30 21:15 EST, North Yanille

05597 Goblins - 2007-08-09 21:45 EST, Lumby House

26761 Skeletons - 2007-10-19 17:05 EST, By Elvarg :ohnoes:

06757 Zombies - 2007-11-11 19:30 EST, Edge dngn.

00510 Giants - 2008-01-12 11:00 EST Gnome stronghold

13096 Hobgoblins - 2007-12-20 14:27 EST, Edge dngn.

06694 Ghouls - 2008-01-11 12:20 EST, Canifis

01816 Earth Warriors - 2007-12-16 14:12 EST, Wilderness

06399 Jogres - 2008-02-02 23:20 EST, Outside Shilo

02162 Lesser Demons - 2007-12-27 18:35 EST, Taverly Dungeon

2008-02-02: Leon challenged and killed - Mini-game Complete. :thumbsup:

Completed Scroll Counts: 10 scrolls

Total Kills: 71,975

Avg Kills: 7,198

------------------------------

While my kill count of 26K+ Skeletons is high, it's not the highest I've seen. There was a thread on the RSOF and at least 2 people that had higher totals - possibly as high as 50K kills. On the plus side, my melee combat saw a nice boost - from 90/90/88 to 96/96/96 (Atk/Str/Def).

Good luck to any that try the full hunt. It's a long process and sure to frustrate. You'll also get lots of "you're insane" comments from friends.. :lol:

Sharnel.png

Why would you want something as lamentable as a champion scroll? And that's not a rhetorical question. Srsly, why? Just sit down and ask yourself why you want something like that to begin with, and why you're so desperate to have it ohn-my-gee-NOW-PL0X. Champs scrolls don't change jack cabbage in your life. If they were as common as ham robes, would you still want them? Heck no.

It's like for girls. If you want a girl to like you, then you have to be difficult to get. If you're always so damn desperate for her to talk to you, so easy to get, then you're just like ham robes. And as we all know, no one wants ham robes. Not for more than 5 minutes anyway. People want rare stuff, difficult stuff to get. Girl: Omg did you see that tough guy, he's so cool when he acts like he doesn't care! MUST GET!

I tell you, you have a crush on champion scrolls. Snap out of it valentine boy.

I lol'd

OT: They're rare as hell. Get over it

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I've finished this "mini" game just for the sake of being able to say done. It is not for the easily distracted. I did keep track of my kills and yes, the scrolls can be incredibly rare:

02183 Imps - 2007-07-30 21:15 EST, North Yanille

05597 Goblins - 2007-08-09 21:45 EST, Lumby House

26761 Skeletons - 2007-10-19 17:05 EST, By Elvarg :ohnoes:

06757 Zombies - 2007-11-11 19:30 EST, Edge dngn.

00510 Giants - 2008-01-12 11:00 EST Gnome stronghold

13096 Hobgoblins - 2007-12-20 14:27 EST, Edge dngn.

06694 Ghouls - 2008-01-11 12:20 EST, Canifis

01816 Earth Warriors - 2007-12-16 14:12 EST, Wilderness

06399 Jogres - 2008-02-02 23:20 EST, Outside Shilo

02162 Lesser Demons - 2007-12-27 18:35 EST, Taverly Dungeon

2008-02-02: Leon challenged and killed - Mini-game Complete. :thumbsup:

Completed Scroll Counts: 10 scrolls

Total Kills: 71,975

Avg Kills: 7,198

------------------------------

While my kill count of 26K+ Skeletons is high, it's not the highest I've seen. There was a thread on the RSOF and at least 2 people that had higher totals - possibly as high as 50K kills. On the plus side, my melee combat saw a nice boost - from 90/90/88 to 96/96/96 (Atk/Str/Def).

Good luck to any that try the full hunt. It's a long process and sure to frustrate. You'll also get lots of "you're insane" comments from friends.. :lol:

Thank you for posting your results. It's nice to get a good idea of just how long it actually takes to get all the scrolls and how persistent you have to be to get all 10 of them.

I have one question for you though, how many hours on the average day were you mercilessly slaying those chumpy monsters?

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

level 81, (yeah yeah yeah summoning aint ranked, no i'm not 79) have gotten goblin, imp, and giant scrolls. i got the goblin on my first day of members and the imp about a week later. giant came while i was bored collecting herbs and took the long way out of edgy dungeon.

The_maruder1.png

Like many have said before, it's not uncommon for high levels to not have champion scrolls. I only got the skeleton one that I had when I killed on on passing, and decided to pick up that strange piece of paper that it dropped. I had no idea what it actually was and how rare it was until I asked my friends about them.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I've trained in damis lair killing giant skeletons since 75 attack, 70 str and 70 defense. im now 92 attack, 89 str and 77 def from there. taking out the other random combat exp ive gotten from other things, such as slayer, ive still killed up and over 30k of those darn things, and guess what? no scroll ever, nor even a drag drop. I feel your pain.

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png

Thank you for posting your results. It's nice to get a good idea of just how long it actually takes to get all the scrolls and how persistent you have to be to get all 10 of them.

I have one question for you though, how many hours on the average day were you mercilessly slaying those chumpy monsters?

On average, I play no more than 2-3 hours a day. RS is a distraction from work after the wife and kids have gone to bed and I'm done catching up on the day's news.

Imps were by far the most annoying with their teleporting around. I found range worked well. Skeletons were depressing because of how many I had to kill, but doing the killing by the entrance to fight Elvarg made for a nice break to see people finishing up Dragon Slayer. Hobgoblins helped my Herblore immensely with tons of Limpwurt roots - somewhere around 2K collected. I was working on Jogres when Summoning came out and they were (at the time) a great source of Gold charms - about 1 in 3 dropped gold.

As for the fights, the only long one was the Lesser Demon. Most of the others, including Leon, were a piece of cake.

Good luck!

Sharnel.png

Don't sweat it man, champion scrolls are pretty rare. I myself made a habit of killing every imp I came across until the fateful day one dropped that crimson red scroll.

I estimate around 1k kills or so, and I was 131 combat at the time. (If I recall correctly.) Just keep casually killing them and I'm sure luck will grace your path.

1zyvxis.png

RS Name: Goatmeal

Combat: 136 | Skill Total: 2250+ | RuneVillage