Torso is NOT better then Adamant

compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Can we not just agree that if you hate BA, dont already have a torso don't get one, but if you have one already or enjoy BA, then it will be better in certain situations than alot of other plates?
Agreed. Good debate. :P
Etecoon.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your forgetting that a str level doesent always increase your max aswell as torso. And for me, 2 str levels takes alot longer than 8 hours.

Can we not just agree that if you hate BA, dont already have a torso don't get one, but if you have one already or enjoy BA, then it will be better in certain situations than alot of other plates?

I agree. the chance you hit higher will increase, and those 2 str levels for you will take over 8 hours.

So the thing here is the fighter torso is better IF you already have it or it takes over 8 hours to get your stength level up at that point. Reasonable?

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

your forgetting that a str level doesent always increase your max aswell as torso. And for me, 2 str levels takes alot longer than 8 hours.

I agree. the chance you hit higher will increase, and those 2 str levels for you will take over 8 hours.

So the thing here is the fighter torso is better IF you already have it or it takes over 8 hours to get your stength level up at that point. Reasonable?

agreed. i think that we can come to a conclusion, and go on playing rs in our own way!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Who said anything different? I think you're confused...here:

Ok, this thread is getting out of control. The original argument is this: To make up for the time lost obtaining the torso, you would need to train for about 130m experience. That is the only premise. If you have trouble working out what the OP is trying to say and have decided to argue relentlessly for something which really holds no relevance whatsoever, here are a few lists.

Here is a list of things which don't matter:

- How much you enjoy Barbarian Assault

- Whether or not you would have trained in the time you spent obtaining the torso. We will assume that you would have.

- "Perception", whatever the heck that means when applied to mathematics

- Any other applications of the words "fun" or "enjoyable"

Here is a list of things which do matter:

- How long it takes to get the torso

- Whether or not the +4 strength boost outweighs the exp you could have gained whilst obtaining the torso

- The numbers, which have been worked out

Here is a list of things which we can all agree on, but hold no relevance to the original premise:

- It is a game, and efficiency should not prevent you from playing Barbarian Assault if you enjoy it

- If you like hitting 1 point higher than normal, wear the torso. Or a Bandos Chestplate. Or Vesta's Chainbody.

- The torso's stats are better than an adamant chainbody

Here is a conclusion:

- The time it takes to obtain the torso can only be reimbursed by using the torso for millions upon millions of combat experience points. While Barbarian Assault may be fun, and the torso may be an epic-looking item, and hitting higher occasionally may be good in theory, when you work it out the torso is not all that useful. Do not let this stop you from using it if you already own one, but do not obtain a Fighter Torso simply to boost your exp/hr, because you will actually lose experience.

QFT.

Just let the people play how they wanna play.

That +4 str bonus could be added on to their current to raise their max by 1.

It isnt worth it

But who are you to tell them that they're playing a game made for fun wrongly?

If they want advice, sure give your opinion, nothing wrong with it.

Agreed. Good debate. :P

That was the original premise of the thread. Why did nobody understand that?!

If you enjoy B.A, get it, but it isn't worth it simply for the exp boost.

If you had intended to use the armour to train and gain a raised amount of exp, that would have been wasted time. Because you enjoyed the minigame, it was not wasted time.

Do not let this stop you from using it if you already own one, but do not obtain a Fighter Torso simply to boost your exp/hr, because you will actually lose experience.

Runescape has just become a race to who can get the best stats the fastest.

Some people don't understand the concept that games are meant to be fun so basically, I don't care.

Games are meant to be fun, yes.

But not every part of the game is fun. People find fun in different parts of the game. However, with MMORPGs, players are forced to do things they don't find fun. People who enjoy PKing have to put up with training, and skills for important quests that make PKing more enjoyable.

Barbarian Assault isn't something that everyone enjoys. Fighter's Torso is a greatly overrated piece of equipment, considering how little benefit it offers and how much effort goes into it. As it's been said a dozen or so times on this thread, if you enjoy BA, then it doesn't matter. But if you don't enjoy BA, you are only doing it because everyone is telling you "The Torso is great!", then you should reconsider; the Fighter's Torso, if it is the sole reward for the 6-8 hours of BA necessary, is not worth it.

Next thread: STEEL IS NOT BETTER THAN IRON
This is true. Steel is nothing but a iron/carbon alloy. Further more, all but 98%, at least, of the alloy is iron. So, on an elemental basis, steel is simply iron whose fallen off the path of purity.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This is true. Steel is nothing but a iron/carbon alloy. Further more, all but 98%, at least, of the alloy is iron. So, on an elemental basis, steel is simply iron whose fallen off the path of purity.

Does'nt make it worse, just refines it, making it more versatile as a material. Thus, both are right, and none should discuss this off-topic subject further in this thread.

but srsly in da tym u tak 2 get 5 def u cud hav mde 400gp.

It's a requirement for Barrows, something that will help a lot while training. Furthermore, there are 4 factors that I can see that depend if something is worth doing or not.

1) Cost

2) Time

3) Levels (Skills)

4) Fun

The last 2 can't be measured, so this whole argument is only a recommendation for the FIRST 2. Don't troll, stuge.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Ok lets say may current max hit is like 35.

I am training at armoured zombie and is getting 100k xp/hour.

When i get another +4 strenght bonus my max hit hit increased to 36.

Which means i should be getting 1/35*100% faster xp, which is = 2.8%.

For the heck of it lets make it 1.5% faster xp.

Which means i will get 1.5k more xp per hour.

It takes me and my pro team 2 hours to get the torso, in that time i could have gotten 200k xp.

200/1.5 = 133 hours of training to make up for the lost time.

133 hours is 13mil xp, which makes the torso worth it if you are getting high melee stats.

I don't see how Torso is not better than Adamant.

Also it has more armour and looks better, and wearing adamant just fails.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

but srsly in da tym u tak 2 get 5 def u cud hav mde 400gp.

It's a requirement for Barrows, something that will help a lot while training. Furthermore, there are 4 factors that I can see that depend if something is worth doing or not.

1) Cost

2) Time

3) Levels (Skills)

4) Fun

The last 2 can't be measured, so this whole argument is only a recommendation for the FIRST 2. Don't troll, stuge.

What are you talking about?

u iz blind 2 da troof.

Zerker_jane.png

Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours

Err, where did you take the .006 shouldn't it be 0.6? that would make it 13. 25 hours.

Am I right? if yes could make your calculations again?

Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours

Err, where did you take the .006 shouldn't it be 0.6? that would make it 13. 25 hours.

Some people, don't give up.

The torso has won, it's pretty obvious so let's move onto this iron steel debate!

Oh , and can we cut the l33tspeak now before it takes over. Thanks.

X_kaylin_X.png

No, it's .6%, not .6. .6%=.006, so 1325 hours for that is correct.

No, it's .6%, not .6. .6%=.006, so 1325 hours for that is correct.

No, his calculations were indeed wrong.

It should be 1.6 percent, or even 3.3 if you dont measure in strength as the level itself.

It takes me and my pro team 2 hours to get the torso, in that time i could have gotten 200k xp.

133 hours is 13mil xp, which makes the torso worth it if you are getting high melee stats.

Not true.

A) Okay, now factor +5% strength prayer using Proselyte.

B) Now factor that, pending on the current level, it DOESN'T INCREASE YOUR MAX HIT. Maybe every other level, it'll have an effect, but on the off levels, it doesn't.

C) Most people who this thread applies to will be getting a Torso in 6 to 8 hours. Not 2.

D) Wearing Torso just fails.

Also, an increase in max hit doesn't necessarily equate an equal increase (percentage wise) in average hit. Especially since we don't know the precise formula that determines how much damage you actually deal, + you need to factor misses, so your whole percentage argument is flawed as well.

Bottom line? Same as before. Torso isn't worth it if the sole reason you're considering playing BA is "Fighter's Torso has better stats."

[hide=]

[/hide]

Not true.

A) Okay, now factor +5% strength prayer using Proselyte. What?

B) Now factor that, pending on the current level, it DOESN'T INCREASE YOUR MAX HIT. Maybe every other level, it'll have an effect, but on the off levels, it doesn't. You could use it on the levels where it does increase the max hit.

C) Most people who this thread applies to will be getting a Torso in 6 to 8 hours. Not 2. Lets be more efficient and get a pro team ::'

D) Wearing Torso just fails. Yeah, Bando > Torso

Also, an increase in max hit doesn't necessarily equate an equal increase (percentage wise) in average hit.

I don't see why it wouldn't

Especially since we don't know the precise formula that determines how much damage you actually deal, + you need to factor misses, so your whole percentage argument is flawed as well.

Yes the percentage may be off, even if you need like 300 hours to make up for the time loss, depending on what the player is going for, it is worth it.

Bottom line? Same as before. Torso isn't worth it if the sole reason you're considering playing BA is "Fighter's Torso has better stats."

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

D) Wearing Torso just fails. Yeah, Bando > Torso

Did you ever consider how helpful the extra defense could be? Higher defense means less time Guthaning, which results in faster kills. Bunyip means super slow xp, as you don't get to use a combat familiar.

Also, if you don't need defense, why not use Proselyte?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

"Torso is NOT better than Adamant"

Anyways, I find that torso is worth it for a few reasons:

1) I like the extra hit. Sure, I may not be as efficient in my training, but hey, being efficient is one of my lower priorities on RS. Call me simple, but I like to see my high hits.

2) I get mad abs.

3) I'd much rather be wearing a piece of armor that's hard to get than a piece of armor like adamant. You just feel better about yourself.

Not saying that these reasons apply to everyone; I'm sure there are people who love to be efficient, so an Adamant chain would be plenty.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

We're all losing efficiency in RuneScape by posting on Tip.it!

By talking to friends!

By sleeping more than needed!

By not hurrying your [wagon] up in the bathroom!

Efficiency only goes so far.

A balance of sanity, efficiency, and fun/enjoyment is best.

[hide=]Oh, and I'm trying to be less of an arrogant jerk :cry:[/hide]

:o Really, thats IMPOSSIBLE ! You are the master of everything ! You are the mathematical, grammatical, technological wizard ! :o

But seriously,

Thats nice to know. =D>