Parts of RuneScape I ignore

benar

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past there have been a lot of those areas which i think are just too extreme, but now im on the spot I cant think of many,... umm...

-Train between Keldagrim and Dorgeshunn.. I mean WTF.. A train?

-Dwarvern Cannon, although I do use it... a spinning cannon-ball firing machine... wtf?

-That quest with the global warming plotline.... that was just weird....

- Lunar magic's Bake Pie perhaps...

- A few cringeworthy dialogues in certain quests around runescape... talking animals and whatnots...

That all I can think of right now, I was trying to decide what crosses the line between adventuring game and fantasy/real life...

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

PKing. I'm really just not any good at it.

Oh, and I'm trying to ignore slayer, but the idea of 85+ slayer is too tempting. But then every time I try to train it, I give up after one or two tasks...

As for things which seem too ridiculous, I can't really think of any. The game's target audience is pretty young, so Jagex can be excused for whatever jokes they make.

I ignore RuneCrafting, most useless skill IN THE WORLD.

If I need runes, I just buy them or kill monsters to get.

rofl so u dont enjoy making money very easily with almost no effort at all?

no effort eh? :wall:

I really don't see how ppl don't like rc. compared to other money making methods it's the easiest IMO. u don't need to worry about dying or anything. now, if it was training rc u guys despise, I can see that. but training a skill and making money are two very different things

Get a higher runecrafting level, and we'll talk again.

On-topic: I ignore allmost all mini-games, except for stealing creation. I ignore RS music. I ignore most people, as I can't stand 999 out of 1000. I ignore PvP, although I 75k/25k on a very rare occasion.

2j3qh46.jpg

i ignore fletch/cook/fm/herb/con/farm/hunt/summ/fish/agility/slayer

part i pay attention to:

runecrafting and mining. thats rite. i pwn all u nubs in enjoying the "boring skills"...they fun actually. good time killers since i dont pk or kill monsters for money (slayer). just a good way to pass the time while i wait for MTK to update. plus mining is going to be my first 99.

NOOB

So wha if he doesn't train skills, RuneScape is supposed to be a game, a game is supposed to be enjoyed, get over it. -.-

tipitsiggy.png

I agree. Certain parts of the environment are waaaay too tongue-in-cheek to be taken seriously. The entire penguin situation is an example. Another is the existence of the mobster-like Fairy "Godfather". Him and his suited henchmen look so out of place down in Zanaris. Its very obvious little thought was put into that aspect.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

PVP worlds, Fishing, Agility, Thieving, Castle Wars, Clan Wars, Bounty Hunter

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Manage Thy Kingdom

On Topic:

I ignore:

Theiving-what use does it have in modern day Rs besides being extremely annoying in stealing creations?

Construction- That's what tears of guthix is for ::'

Runescape in general- Logging on is tough these days for me just because the game has become so boring :|

I tend to try and ignore any skill that gets less than 100k xp an hour. Seriously, some of these skills take a crazy amount of time to train.

I ignore the RSOF. When I go on there I am always tempted to tell off some 5 year old kid.

I ignore most Jmods, and their use of not controlling situations. They always try to please the community instead of just telling these little kids to STFU and GTFO if they don't like it.

I ignore team-work. The most team work I've used is at a Bandos Massacre that ended up a duo. At that point I just teled away and let the guy fight them solo.

I ignore people in general. They talk too much.

I ignore quests. Slapping a good reward on a piece of crap doesn't change the fact that it is still a piece of crap. Every and all quests go as followed - Talk to someone for an hour, walk somewhere and talk again, teleport somewhere and talk, buy an item off the GE, walk 10 minutes to find a guy to talk to, attack an easy to kill monster, pick up item, buy another item off GE, talk some more, talk again, teleport, run to nearest bank, talk, attack, talk, talk, talk, talk, walk, run, walk, walk, walk, find person, walk, easy puzzle based on luck, more luck and talking, grats you get a little bit of xp and a quest point. It would be fine if each quest didn't have the stupid humor only 5 year olds laugh at. It would also be fine if instead of going between the whole runescape world for a quest, you would be kept only in a single dungeon and all the supplies (even food and pots) were inside the dungeon for you to search for as you went through it.

Stellactic.gif

It would be fine if each quest didn't have the stupid humor only 5 year olds laugh at.

"Alcoholics rule the world, but they're too drunk to realise it."

BAHAHAHA! :lol: *slaps knee*

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I ignore quests. Slapping a good reward on a piece of crap doesn't change the fact that it is still a piece of crap. Every and all quests go as followed - Talk to someone for an hour, walk somewhere and talk again, teleport somewhere and talk, buy an item off the GE, walk 10 minutes to find a guy to talk to, attack an easy to kill monster, pick up item, buy another item off GE, talk some more, talk again, teleport, run to nearest bank, talk, attack, talk, talk, talk, talk, walk, run, walk, walk, walk, find person, walk, easy puzzle based on luck, more luck and talking, grats you get a little bit of xp and a quest point. It would be fine if each quest didn't have the stupid humor only 5 year olds laugh at. It would also be fine if instead of going between the whole runescape world for a quest, you would be kept only in a single dungeon and all the supplies (even food and pots) were inside the dungeon for you to search for as you went through it.

You probably use guides for all your quests. I did that too until I did While Guthix Sleeps on the first day it came out without a guide. It was the most fun I had in RS in years. Try a quest one time without a guide, and solve the puzzles on your own.

TBH merching is WAY easier then RC, and RC was better years ago, when you could actually make good profit.

You have to turn a complete 5% profit out of 20m worth of investments EVERY DAY in order to parallel 1 hour and 15 minutes of runecrafting.

Also, try to explain how I got this with a skill AFTER a time "when you could actually make a good profit" from runecrafting.

sellphatse1.png

OT: I choose to ignore the god-worshiping aspect. I may wear the armor, but I can't take them seriously.

lalalasig2.png

You probably use guides for all your quests. I did that too until I did While Guthix Sleeps on the first day it came out without a guide. It was the most fun I had in RS in years. Try a quest one time without a guide, and solve the puzzles on your own.

I've done plenty of quests without a guide. They still suck. I never used a single guide in rsc, and those were the days when quests were actually semi-decent.

If they are going to make a joke, make it funny. Though, half of what you read in a quest is someone saying something that isn't funny at all, although it is meant to be.

I'd much rather the person get straight to the point and tell me what to do. Not five minutes of talking about how his father is dead and his mother is in prison and oh hey why is six afraid of seven, then oh yeah, could you help me out with collecting this item because I am way too lazy to get it myself. Could you just get me a piece of rope, even though the general store is 1 minute away and easy to get to, could you just please get me some rope, I need some rope to tie this raft up. Yeah, I'm too lazy to get the rope, could you get me some rope, "adventurer".

Why do I collect items for people when they could easily get the items themselves?!?! Seriously...

Stellactic.gif

I've done plenty of quests without a guide. They still suck. I never used a single guide in rsc, and those were the days when quests were actually semi-decent.

If they are going to make a joke, make it funny. Though, half of what you read in a quest is someone saying something that isn't funny at all, although it is meant to be.

I'd much rather the person get straight to the point and tell me what to do. Not five minutes of talking about how his father is dead and his mother is in prison and oh hey why is six afraid of seven, then oh yeah, could you help me out with collecting this item because I am way too lazy to get it myself. Could you just get me a piece of rope, even though the general store is 1 minute away and easy to get to, could you just please get me some rope, I need some rope to tie this raft up. Yeah, I'm too lazy to get the rope, could you get me some rope, "adventurer".

Why do I collect items for people when they could easily get the items themselves?!?! Seriously...

I agree that quests contain a ton of stale humor. I chuckled the first time my character made a wisecrack about having to run errands for people. But he seems to do that in EVERY quest in recent memory. Its like even the characters seem disinterested in whats going on.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

All minigames and boss hunting. Only boss I've ever killed is 1 solo zilyana just to see how it would be. I'll probably try to solo some bosses once my combat stats are in the 90's, I'm not really a team player :|

Farming. Worst skill in the world. I dont count it as a skill. I hate it.

Same.

I hope you guys have tried it. What's not fun about 90k profit in 6 minutes or more than 20k xp for a few minutes of work? :?

2dvjurb.png