17th March 2009 - The Chosen Commander|Route-finding Update

Sentry_Wolf

Has anyone tried to find the time capsule.

I looked for it, dug in a few places with a spade, I just couldn't find it. Maybe it's somewhere in the long path between Lumbridge and the mines, that path with all the traps.

Can the capsule even be found?

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random thought about the bow's special attack...

It stops the avatar from recovering its health right? So maybe that means that it stops the enemy from healing naturally. Sure if this is the case than is fairly useless...but this would be an incredible weapon to use on the corporeal beast! Now you can take multiple trips to kill it!

(I hope)

=P~

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I thought it was an excellent quest. It wasn't as epic in terms of rewards or length as I thought it would be, but it was definitely special. I think it was a good choice to make this quest the 150th

I wonder who will even be able to go to parties anymore though, I have a great computer/internet connection and I lag out at a mid size drop party already :x

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I thought the quest was quite good, considering I went and did it on the first day, which is unusual for me. :lol: While it may not have been an earth-shattering quest, I liked seeing the conclusion of this storyline. I felt the parts where you sat down with Zanik, combined with the music that was specifically composed for certain scenes or areas were a great touch. They should have more quests where you connect with the NPCs or the story, since I definitely got into this quest more than I usually do with others. There were also a good number of new music tracks unlocked in this quest, which was a nice surprise.

The new agility course is pretty decent. Since you are mostly jumping around, run energy isn't really an issue here. When you do need to run, your energy should have recharged. You can also have a follower with you this time, and could potentially use a bunyip for healing (stays on the ground) and no worry about energy or food. I still failed notable times at 83 Agility (usually at the large statue), while a friend of mine failed only a few times in 12K exp with 70 Agility. I am wondering how much player carry weight has to do with failing though.

I like the new throne room. It actually serves two purposes in the same place, so you would see people training while others are running around doing agility. It's nice to see two seemingly unrelated skills possible to be trained in the same area for once (and I don't mean leveling in a bank booth). A mini-quest would have been interesting, but I was glad with what the room does offer already.

It was a good quest; hopefully future ones will be given the same care. The cut-scene and NPC interaction was greater, and the music tracks weren't handled lazily, even in spite of the fewer areas traveled.

dullvw0.jpg

So someone in another thread (which was locked and referred to this thread) said that if the quest gives you a level upon completion you miss a cutscene? Is this actually true, and if so can someone sum up the last cutscene (I got a thieving level :/ ), and the last scene I saw was that a statue had been built for Zanik and myself.

So someone in another thread (which was locked and referred to this thread) said that if the quest gives you a level upon completion you miss a cutscene? Is this actually true, and if so can someone sum up the last cutscene (I got a thieving level :/ ), and the last scene I saw was that a statue had been built for Zanik and myself.

Same...

2dgucz6.png

Ok my post about todays update...

A respectable opinion with nice video

no, I would have much rather gone to the gym

SOME LONG BS

Lol at this guy trying to impress sum guys on the internet with the gym thing

Aaaaand... what if it's 150? it's a magical number that says everything's perfect? MORE LULZ

and a final lul:

lol

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I hate str...Why does it have to give 20k exp? That will make mine 64 and then i cant get 75 prayer and 72 summoning without leveling to 101 combat...Why must runescape push str on me :(

i feel ya brother

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Way to fail on 150th quest jagex.

I personally love this time line but I don't see how Jagex failed on this it seems that they did a pretty good job on it. Maybe your expecting way to much out of Jagex and got your hopes down. Oh well no one cares that the 150th quest was not a grandmaster quest or something or it did not give like a new Godsword.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

The drop party update sounds bad for me. So much for ever going to those for surely I will lag out if I attempt it. Also the confirmation to click away from the game window sounds like a hassle.

Have you ever acidentally hit the backspace button or your "back" mouse button while not centered on the Runescape window... In a dangerous place.... Fighting a strong monster????

GREAT UPDATE! No more accidentally leaving the game!

Indeed I have accidentally hit the backspace button. However I was under the impression that this update would make a pop-up occur if you were switching between windows. I am glad to discover that this is not the case, therefore I agree that this was a good update.

The party room update is still awful for those of us with bad connections. With the crowds that I imagine will always occupy the party rooms those with the best connections have a clear advantage. I for one will likely lag out upon setting foot in any decent drop party from here on out. :(

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

What's a familiar?
You see, laddie me buck, when a lad loves a lass, but tries ta be too fresh with her, then she cries out "Ye wee bugger! Try an be familiar with me again, an ye'll feel the back of my hand!"

Aye, laddies and lasses, I've been waitin' for this very quest since the last Goblin quest! Tis' the one thing so far that has lured me back ta the arms o' Runescape, cruel mistress though she be. Although I hear tha rewards tain't worth the hype...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

No more running backwards? At last! \'

Party room on two worlds? Two? Lagfest. This will never work, and I hope they consider expanding the number of worlds a bit.

And the update I've been waiting for for months: NEW QUEST! I really enjoyed it this one; it may have low requirements and only moderate difficulty, but it has an excellent storyline. <3: If you fly through it just to get the rewards you'll most likely be disappointed, so if you haven't done it yet, please take your time and enjoy the quest itself. You'll get much more out of it, I promise.

frigginacky.png

SOME LONG BS

Aaaaand... what if it's 150? it's a magical number that says everything's perfect? MORE LULZ

and a final lul:

lol

did what the hell ([bleep]!) is wrong with you???

TIF should have an age limit to be honest...

Can anyone decipher this child's post?

The party room update is still awful for those of us with bad connections. With the crowds that I imagine will always occupy the party rooms those with the best connections have a clear advantage. I for one will likely lag out upon setting foot in any decent drop party from here on out. :(

I feel ya man. I used to never be able to go to the party rooms during drops. I got a better comp now though, so even with all the little buggers running around I don't lag at all :)

SOME LONG BS

and a final lul:

lol

Who? Yours? Or his?

As a courtesy I will do both for you.

Suiku_fv said:

Haha look at this guy trying to impress people on the internet by constantly talking about going to the gym.

Also, so what if it's the 150th quest? Nowhere does it say that every 50th quest has to be extraordinary.

Lol.

Rahila said:

Editor's Note: I have no idea what the first line is.

Tipit Forums should have an age limit to be honest.

I feel ya man. I used to never be able to go to the party rooms during drops. I got a better comp now though, so even with all the little buggers running around I don't lag at all :)

SOME LONG BS

and a final lul:

lol

Who? Yours? Or his?

dusty he picked apart my post in his post. Go back a page or two and you'll see my original post

So...his...

dusty he picked apart my post in his post. Go back a page or two and you'll see my original post

So...his...

If you don't place any value on his opinions then just don't respond to him. This is the internet. The whole damn place is just one giant flamefest; no need to take it personally.

This was slipped in since yesterday... Zaff now sells you 64 noted battlestaves all at once. =D>

Wow really? thats awesome, I'm gonna start buying from him again.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/