17th March 2009 - The Chosen Commander|Route-finding Update

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjoyed this quest. It was pretty fun, but I found near the ending to be a bit too dramatic.

[hide=My thoughts (spoilers)]When everybody's freaking out in the city cause Bandos is gonna go after them, I was all "Why the heck are you panicking? I'm going to go KICK HIS [wagon]" but they were still going nuts.

During the boss fight, I actually ran out of the room (through the portal) at the point where Zanik is knocked to the floor because I thought she died (she actually tried to fight that thing with a bone dagger, lol) and that I needed her to use the crossbow, but it turns out all I had to do was put it back together first. Lol. No worries though, fighting him twice was fun.

The avatar was actually pretty tough compared to some other bosses (well, from the perspective of somebody who isn't ridiculously high in combat stats), considering that its attack type is somewhere between melee and magic. You can shore up your chances with protect magic, but it'll still hit through sometimes anyway. Protect melee doesn't help at all. (I didn't try protect range, but since a miss splashed, I figured it was more magic based.) This continues the trend of bosses will be able to hurt you despite using prayer, and that's always good for a laugh.

I don't know about you, but having a statue of myself is pretty awesome, and plus now I have an upgraded bone crossbow that shoots balls of lightning (I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZORS). All talk about stats and usefulness and whatever you guys talk about these days aside, I think it's pretty cool. Despite the fact that it has negative prayer bonus, but I'm sure that's because the energy it uses disrupts the kind of energy that gods use.

Speaking of which, has anybody tested the special on somebody using prayer? I'd like to see if it does anything.[/hide]

Well, back to whining.

Where's the junk buyer that we were promised?

8f14270694.jpg

If someone complains that it is a bad quest because of bad rewards it does not mean they are solely looking at the rewards. The rewards of a quest are very important and help to implant a mark upon RS history. The 50th and 100th quests are both still looked at today as mandatory notches on a player's belt. The 150th quest is going to be forgotten. Also the fact that neither WGS nor the Legend's series is part of such a great landmark just completely confuses me. Look back at the 100th quest. We got a completely new quest format...one that could be completed in parts by players of any skill or quest background. And the rewards were weighted appropriately. RFD is still looked at 50 quests later as one of the longest and hardest quests there is, and the rewards are good for everybody. Now we get the 150 landmark and we have nothing to show for it. There are some things that COULD be USED, but nothing about this quest is memorable or brings anything genuinely game altering. An utter disappointment.

you are very right, RFD was ten times the skill 150 was.. (literally)

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

No one should complete quests solely for the rewards, anyway.

Sadly, I know people who do. #-o

Wewties! That is good news! :thumbsup:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

[removed long-winded whiney nonsens]

That quest in itself was DEFINATELY [bleep] NOT "In itself rewarding enough"...

I feel like [cabbage] now that i wasted a few hours of my day...time to go to the gym -.-

If you feel like that, why play a online game - at all?! Isnt that it self a massiv waste of time?

No, go cry to your mommy if your not happy, dont waste our time. :shame:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Mod Emillie on RSOF

Hi,

The recent System Update consisted of some alterations that we have made to the new Bandos agility course.

With a requirement of level 60 Agility, we intended it to be a great course for players around and just above this level. At higher levels, we'd hope that people would then consider other courses, as after all, no-one wants to run around the same course for too long and it's always nice to have a change of scenery.

Our intention was that at level 60, this course would be just slightly underneath the existing Werewolf course, and at level 65, this course would excel, giving you a better rate of XP than the popular Ape Atoll course. However, that benefit is capped, as once you're an expert at the course, you can't get any better than perfection. Once you reach slightly higher levels such as 70, you'll find the Ape Atoll course is once again the best in terms of rate of XP. Obviously, which course is best for you also depends a little on your relative skill on each course and your preference for which environment you enjoy.

We tested all the courses to see how fast they can be completed and calculated the XP which we would need to give to achieve this band within which the new Bandos course is the best. Unfortunately, the change from the original development value to the new calculated value was missed, resulting in the course being the best in the game from level 60 onwards.

We don't want to make all the other great courses redundant, so we have corrected the value. We are sorry for this oversight and apologise for any disappointment caused.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your awesome feedback regarding The Chosen Commander. As always, we take your feedback very seriously and are pleased that the majority of you enjoyed the quest. :)

Ew looks like they nerfed the agility course.

Apparently its now only 380xp a lap stead of 600xp

TBH unless they have nerfed the fail rate as well this is kinda bs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi,

The recent System Update consisted of some alterations that we have made to the new Bandos agility course.

With a requirement of level 60 Agility, we intended it to be a great course for players around and just above this level. At higher levels, we'd hope that people would then consider other courses, as after all, no-one wants to run around the same course for too long and it's always nice to have a change of scenery.

Our intention was that at level 60, this course would be just slightly underneath the existing Werewolf course, and at level 65, this course would excel, giving you a better rate of XP than the popular Ape Atoll course. However, that benefit is capped, as once you're an expert at the course, you can't get any better than perfection. Once you reach slightly higher levels such as 70, you'll find the Ape Atoll course is once again the best in terms of rate of XP. Obviously, which course is best for you also depends a little on your relative skill on each course and your preference for which environment you enjoy.

We tested all the courses to see how fast they can be completed and calculated the XP which we would need to give to achieve this band within which the new Bandos course is the best. Unfortunately, the change from the original development value to the new calculated value was missed, resulting in the course being the best in the game from level 60 onwards.

We don't want to make all the other great courses redundant, so we have corrected the value. We are sorry for this oversight and apologise for any disappointment caused.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your awesome feedback regarding The Chosen Commander. As always, we take your feedback very seriously and are pleased that the majority of you enjoyed the quest. :)

Ew looks like they nerfed the agility course.

Apparently its now only 380xp a lap stead of 600xp

TBH unless they have nerfed the fail rate as well this is kinda bs

Wtf, I was looking forward training there, with the extra str xp and such, but no...

Just completed the quest and I must say that it was one of the best, storyline wise. Zanik's "death" had me so moved especially when my character yelled "ZANIK!!" A perfect end to such a perfect storyline.

One complaint however, I felt that the final fight was too easy. I mean c'mon, I just owned freakin' Bandos... twice. Before fighting I was afraid as hell as I was about to fight a God. Everything change when I landed a 20 on it via Dharoks and realized how low it's hitpoints were. Plus, I only used 3 monkfishes when I brought 27 of them. Bandos is the God of War... and he just got subdued by a technologicaly enhanced crossbow which was created by a cave goblin.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Just completed the quest and I must say that it was one of the best, storyline wise. Zanik's "death" had me so moved especially when my character yelled "ZANIK!!" A perfect end to such a perfect storyline.

One complaint however, I felt that the final fight was too easy. I mean c'mon, I just owned freakin' Bandos... twice. Before fighting I was afraid as hell as I was about to fight a God. Everything change when I landed a 20 on it via Dharoks and realized how low it's hitpoints were. Plus, I only used 3 monkfishes when I brought 27 of them. Bandos is the God of War... and he just got subdued by a technologicaly enhanced crossbow which was created by a cave goblin.

You didn't fight Bandos, the boss was an avatar at best. Just a puppet. I don't think Jagex will ever put in an actual god as a killable monster (maybe lucien, but we surely will have to weaken him first).

I'm really disapointed with the granite mace spec. Gives me the impression that Jagex rushed it or are lazy. A different sound/animation from g maul is what it asks for (although it really should have a unique special...). It might be a decent bandos KC weapon for those too lazy to get bandos boots but we already have the bandos pool for that.

Zanik's bow seems decent to me, but I'm not convinced it'll take over broad bolts. It seems faster than normal x-bows and I've managed a 36 with the special (void+pray+pot+92 range). I wonder what the exact special attack description is? Seems just like extra damage so far.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Just a random thought about the bow's special attack...

It stops the avatar from recovering its health right? So maybe that means that it stops the enemy from healing naturally. Sure if this is the case than is fairly useless...but this would be an incredible weapon to use on the corporeal beast! Now you can take multiple trips to kill it!

(I hope)

=P~

Defiance

Deals increased damage (max. +15) to players using Prayers and/or equipment marked by the gods. Does 3-15 extra damage to other enemies.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=1950

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I was not impressed with the statue dedicted to Zanik and me. It was actually a statue of Zanik and "generic human".

In The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, they make a statue of you with whatever you were wearing while slaying the boss.

I was not impressed with the statue dedicted to Zanik and me. It was actually a statue of Zanik and "generic human".

In The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, they make a statue of you with whatever you were wearing while slaying the boss.

The "Generic Human" looks more like an autoer...

2dgucz6.png

So they've now taken any hope of there being a reward and nerfed it...

For those of us with 70+ agility, instead of getting a new agility course till 99 here, we now get nothing from this quest.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

The "Generic Human" looks more like an autoer...

JAGeX doesn't think very highly about us, don't they.

priest_wiz.png

Wow this sucks. You know, I had actually come here to revoke my previous complaint about this update being horrible. I mean, it did give a revolutionary way to train a skill right? That's about as good as you can get. Now I see that it's been nerfed to hell. -.-

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.