17th March 2009 - The Chosen Commander|Route-finding Update

Sentry_Wolf

By the way, if you're a quest nut like me, do this one. It's one of the best storylines I've seen so far. :thumbup:

To people who complain about the reward: Why the hell don't you just enjoy the game for once? If you don't like the rewards and can't appreciate quests, you deserve to not do it. :x

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the agility may have been nerfed..

We still have the bow, which is now the best PvP range weapon in terms of special-bar usage.

Since the special hits "max+15" on any player who is praying, or has a god item on, every GS'er/SS'er in PvP now has a giant red sign on them that says "Special me!"

Sure, they can only use up to addy bolts, but can hit 50+ with those. Combined with ice blitz and 2 of these specials, they are a totally new innovation for PvP combat.

If someone is protecting melee, simply pop on the bow and some d'hide, and boom; instant damage bonuses against your opponent trying to pray against you.

Might be used in rushing/pj'ing too... Since players normally protect melee right after they make a kill.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Just finished the quest was very good storyline to get my cape back, wasn't bothered about the reward at all, my pc crashed during the final cutscene at the statue so i don't have a clue what my reward actually was lol.

I was fairly dissapointed with the final fight however, an avatar of a god hould have been way more powerful.

A much better way to do it and have better effect could have been if you had returned to the city as you did during the quest. However, wen you get there the city is in ruins, fires everywhere ravaged by those stone ogres/statues and that, goblins dead all over the place, then going to a 1v1 fight with the boss, with it being incredibly tough.

Now that would have been an ending.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

To those of you complaining the Avatar was easy to defeat, let me remind you of something.

The Bandos Avatar manifested itself in a Goblin High Preist, who aren't situated for combat. Zanik, while she was just under the Avatars control, kept her combat level of 75. Should she have become the Avatar, her Combat Level would have been much higher then that of the Avatar we defeated.

Theres also the fact that so little time passed between the Avatar taking over the High Preist and the time we battled with it. Should we have waited much longer, or if it delivered Bandos's message later, it would have been much stronger, possibly as strong as Bandos himself.

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

To those of you complaining the Avatar was easy to defeat, let me remind you of something.

The Bandos Avatar manifested itself in a Goblin High Preist, who aren't situated for combat. Zanik, while she was just under the Avatars control, kept her combat level of 75. Should she have become the Avatar, her Combat Level would have been much higher then that of the Avatar we defeated.

Theres also the fact that so little time passed between the Avatar taking over the High Preist and the time we battled with it. Should we have waited much longer, or if it delivered Bandos's message later, it would have been much stronger, possibly as strong as Bandos himself.

This is a good point. That's probably the reason why Zanik and Zanik alone was marked by Bandos; she would become probably the best fighter of the cave goblin race. It really was her destiny, but she broke free from that when she took that amulet off.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

This is a good point. That's probably the reason why Zanik and Zanik alone was marked by Bandos; she would become probably the best fighter of the cave goblin race. It really was her destiny, but she broke free from that when she took that amulet off.

That and the fact the entire goblin story line has been low level so you can't expect a sudden leap up to an uber mega boss

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That agility update sucks... I was doing really well there. :(

Now I'd rather shoot myself.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

So, the bow does your max hit + 15 when you hit an opponent wearing god stuff or praying?

Im going to assume it doesnt always hit high. I also hope the castle war cloaks count as god stuff so I can have some fun there.(Even though with all the praying going on it wont be a big problem)

Inferno_X44.png

Owner of Quest Cape 4/9/09

That agility update sucks... I was doing really well there. :(

Now I'd rather shoot myself.

Put on a cross necklace and use the Zanik's C Bow if you do.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I'm not 100% sure but I would assume you'd have to get it back from Zanik, who is randomly wandering the world after the quest. Making it quite difficult to get back. That's just a guess though.

If I remember correctly, the item does have a destroy option. So hitting that option should tell you how to get it back before you destroy it.

@ bruno, you may learn to hate it, but you can also learn to use it effectivly too :P

The trick is to *make* people pray. Mage them a few times so they turn on protection from mage with d'hide/karils and then have a nice little *speical* supprise waiting for them ;)

dawnsigblue-3.png

To people who complain about the reward: Why the hell don't you just enjoy the game for once? If you don't like the rewards and can't appreciate quests, you deserve to not do it. :x

It's more that JAGeX keeps releasing stuff and then nerfing it in less than a week.

This has become more of a rule than exception lately. And I don't like it.

where can i get the bow back if i lose it?

From Oldak. You need an Adamant C'bow then, for he appareantly doesn't like gold.

priest_wiz.png

I really can't see why people keep going on about how this is a terrible 150th quest.

its a brilliant ending to a good storyline, and if you say "I don't care about storyline, I want rewards", then go and do something else, because the sad truth is, GAMES ARE ALL ABOUT STORYLINE.

The whole quest was great, and the crossbow is a great reward, completely rapes in PVP(sorry bruno :P )

I'd say this is a triumph from Jagex, not a failure.

2Xeo5.png

I really can't see why people keep going on about how this is a terrible 150th quest.

its a brilliant ending to a good storyline, and if you say "I don't care about storyline, I want rewards", then go and do something else, because the sad truth is, GAMES ARE ALL ABOUT STORYLINE.

The whole quest was great, and the crossbow is a great reward, completely rapes in PVP(sorry bruno :P )

I'd say this is a triumph from Jagex, not a failure.

No, wrong. GAMES ARE NOT ALL ABOUT THE STORYLINE, THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE FUN YOU HAVE PLAYING THEM. A Zelda or Fire Emblem game relies heavily on the plot, but a Mario or Halo game does not. And that goes double for MMORPGs. Sure, a good storyline is nice, but, long after the memory fades, you still have the rewards. Look at the Temple Knight quests, especially the last one. Excellent plot, Lovecraftian vibe, and the best prayer based armor in the game. Look at RFD. Unique style quest, interesting plot, and with excellent and varied rewards, one of which is a Agility Course that high levels will use instead of this one. Good storyline and great rewards.

Now look at the goblin finale. Low leveled quest, initially contained several bugs, excellent plot, but anti-climatic boss fight. Oh, and the only good, non-PvP reward was nerfed the same day.

In contrast, RFD, quest 100, had an epic boss fight, was long but not boring, introduced numerous new areas, gave the best hand armor in the game, and had content for low and high level players.

Although, since I believe it can fire bone bolts, Zanik's Crossbow may be an excellent training weapon.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

That and the fact the entire goblin story line has been low level so you can't expect a sudden leap up to an uber mega boss

It might also be worth keeping in mind that, because of the Guthixian Edicts, it may have been simply impossible for Bandos to make his full powers manifest. This, along with the fact the he was acting through the body of a weak goblin meant that the potential strength of his avatar was greatly diminished. As such, the boss had only a tiny fraction of Bandos's true power.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Can anyone guess when the Mace rush will end? Saturday? Monday? It's a really good spot to camp w/o maces itself and I want to know.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Can anyone guess when the Mace rush will end? Saturday? Monday? It's a really good spot to camp w/o maces itself and I want to know.

You get a lot of gem drops. Also several dust/earth runes and mystic and normal earth staves. And the Granite Maces ufcourse.

priest_wiz.png

I honestly really, really liked the quest. I had ingame music on during the quest, and tracks like Don't Panic Zanic and But we can fight really fit into the part of the quest. The quest itself was very, very well written. There were some points with 'do this, go there, do that', but that just to make clear how grave the situation in Dorgesh-Kaan was.

Perfect 150th quest - too bad about the Agility course, though. But at least it gave an awesome crossbow. I'd like more of these quests :thumbsup:

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

You get a lot of gem drops. Also several dust/earth runes and mystic and normal earth staves. And the Granite Maces ufcourse.

Yeah I know, but I want to know when I can go there w/o hoggers.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

What the hell am I missing here?

Zanik Crossbow

Deals Max + 15 on people praying/wearing god items.

Deals 3-15 extra damage assuming they don't meet either of those categories (Is it still max+that?)

50% drain.

Old whip special.. Deals max or 0. no other bonus. Full drain. Gets completely nerfed.

This bow is complete rape... (better than whip with it's old special IMO)... And as much as I hate to think it, I'll be surprised if it Isn't nerfed. (I can see it being full drain later on.. or something else stupid)...

Hell if they don't nerf it in a week I might have some motivation to go quest... Otherwise I have no plan of rushing to the quests...

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

What the hell am I missing here?

Zanik Crossbow

Deals Max + 15 on people praying/wearing god items.

Deals 3-15 extra damage assuming they don't meet either of those categories (Is it still max+that?)

50% drain.

Old whip special.. Deals max or 0. no other bonus. Full drain. Gets completely nerfed.

This bow is complete rape... (better than whip with it's old special IMO)... And as much as I hate to think it, I'll be surprised if it Isn't nerfed. (I can see it being full drain later on.. or something else stupid)...

Hell if they don't nerf it in a week I might have some motivation to go quest... Otherwise I have no plan of rushing to the quests...

You don't do the maximum damage all the time, you get a maximum of +15 damage.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

No one should complete quests solely for the rewards, anyway.

Sadly, I know people who do. #-o

I am one, and I enjoyed the quest. I dont understand or comprehend the whining.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln