17th March 2009 - The Chosen Commander|Route-finding Update

Sentry_Wolf

No one should complete quests solely for the rewards, anyway.

Sadly, I know people who do. #-o

I am one, and I enjoyed the quest. I dont understand or comprehend the whining.

Just for the people who don't play runescape for fun, only for some glory.

I liked the storyline, but they should have killed Zanik off in the last battle. It would have made the ending much better. Still good quest and it had the RPG feel to it.

P.S. was I the only one to notice the music during the quest sounded like dearly beloved from kingdom hearts?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing the quest, I must say the storyline was the best so far. It was moving, it was exciting, it even had a bit of philosophy ala Grubfoot. The best scenes were where you sat next to and knelt by Zanik. It really helped the emotional feel. I also liked the variety of choices you could make in how you addressed the various characters.

Just two things bad about the quest itself. One, the time capsule and nursery portions felt tacked on and unnecessary and two, on my way back to Dorgesh-Khan I got Miles. I was so freakin' upset.

I'm sad it's over... I'm hoping their might be spin off quests though... or maybe something to do with Zanik...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The time capsule part definitely felt tacked on, but I didn't think the nursery felt that way. It seemed like a bit of necessary sleuthing.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

The time capsule part definitely felt tacked on, but I didn't think the nursery felt that way. It seemed like a bit of necessary sleuthing.

Yeah. It would've been nice if we had to collect the artifacts from a few residents across the city. If we were helping the Dorgeshuun race preserve their history, a very solemn task, it would've been nice to have a more meaningful experience doing it. '-'

hzvjpwS.gif

Zanik wanders the world after the quest.

She has been seen at bounty hunter, the fight pits, varrock, ardougne and many other palces so far

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

P.S. was I the only one to notice the music during the quest sounded like dearly beloved from kingdom hearts?

If you mean the music "But we fight" or something in those lines, it resembled me more of Naruto's anime theme, but nonetheless it was a great theme and well fit into the quest.

Zanik should have died though

Yeah. It would've been nice if we had to collect the artifacts from a few residents across the city. If we were helping the Dorgeshuun race preserve their history, a very solemn task, it would've been nice to have a more meaningful experience doing it. '-'

Yeah, that could have been better, and would have also been a chance to learn just that bit more about the individuals. Instead, we got a box with Guthix-knows-what inside, sealed it, then passed it over to be buried.

But still, can't complain. It was in my opinion one of the best plots I've seen so far.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

After the quest, you get extra dialogue with Juna. She talks about that Zanik and the player have blasphemied againt all gods, and that you should have allowed Dorgesh-Kaan to be destroyed. With your actions, you have rebelled against the gods, and challenged their sovreingity.

Valten_1.png

After the quest, you get extra dialogue with Juna. She talks about that Zanik and the player have blasphemied againt all gods, and that you should have allowed Dorgesh-Kaan to be destroyed. With your actions, you have rebelled against the gods, and challenged their sovreingity.

About time someone stepped up against the Gods.

I feel like Kratos now

priest_wiz.png

Of course, since they can't have you interrupting "the rise of Lucien" storyline, she says you're still stuck doing the dirty work for Guthix.

Since when did saying you had claim over an entire race mean that you were allowed to have it? It seems like they decided that mortals didn't have the right to free will a while back and we were never told.

It seems like at the end of all this we may do a few things we might end up regretting, or shake the very foundation of the god's image that has been held for so long.

8f14270694.jpg

Of course, since they can't have you interrupting "the rise of Lucien" storyline, she says you're still stuck doing the dirty work for Guthix.

Since when did saying you had claim over an entire race mean that you were allowed to have it? It seems like they decided that mortals didn't have the right to free will a while back and we were never told.

It seems like at the end of all this we may do a few things we might end up regretting, or shake the very foundation of the god's image that has been held for so long.

Like all religions, you don't have a right to your own free will. I guess bandos feels a right to them because he created them. Everybody rebels though. Then they make up 20 years later. Though to a god 20 years would be nothing so lets put it into godly terms. and then they make up 20 5042 years later.

Juna might want to read those Guthixian edicts again. The god's meddling isn't welcome in Runescape. Although they would appear to be vague on semi-godly avatar thingys.

Jammy2222.png

Gods have always owned creatures in the world of runescape.

Various gods brought various races to the world and therefore own them.

The humanoid races seem more free from this (or the races that were humanoid upon arrival)

Eg If Zaros returns there's a high chance the mahjaratt will get squished for overthrowing him when he brought them to this world from frenskae

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bandos didn't CREATE goblins, he just stuck his big foot into their plane and took over it. Remember the flashbacks to [name of goblin plane that I can't spell correctly] before Bandos came? Look at what it is now. Srsly, I think he's just a big jerk.

And I'm not quite sure how things were done back in the day when the portals were open, so I'm on the fence when it comes to gods having ownership of things (did they willingly submit to the gods, or did the gods drag them here to do their bidding?), but I think the next few pertinent quests might clear that up. I still want to know more about what the heck happened in the first age ever since I got to use that time travelling key to totally screw up history.

If Zaros came back, things would sure be a lot more exciting around here. Sorta been quiet so far.

8f14270694.jpg

Gods have always owned creatures in the world of runescape.

Various gods brought various races to the world and therefore own them.

The humanoid races seem more free from this (or the races that were humanoid upon arrival)

Eg If Zaros returns there's a high chance the mahjaratt will get squished for overthrowing him when he brought them to this world from frenskae

Wait I thought the mahjarrat wern't brought over by zaros, they just joined him. I may be wrong, I don't even know anymore.

Oh, that quest chain may be over, but I don't think this is the last we'll see of Bandos or Zanik. Stranger things are afoot and who knows? Since Zanik's roaming the lands, we'll probably end up doing something with her involved somehow.

8f14270694.jpg

To those of you complaining the Avatar was easy to defeat, let me remind you of something.

The Bandos Avatar manifested itself in a Goblin High Preist, who aren't situated for combat. Zanik, while she was just under the Avatars control, kept her combat level of 75. Should she have become the Avatar, her Combat Level would have been much higher then that of the Avatar we defeated.

Theres also the fact that so little time passed between the Avatar taking over the High Preist and the time we battled with it. Should we have waited much longer, or if it delivered Bandos's message later, it would have been much stronger, possibly as strong as Bandos himself.

This is a good point. That's probably the reason why Zanik and Zanik alone was marked by Bandos; she would become probably the best fighter of the cave goblin race. It really was her destiny, but she broke free from that when she took that amulet off.

That and the fact the entire goblin story line has been low level so you can't expect a sudden leap up to an uber mega boss

It might also be worth keeping in mind that, because of the Guthixian Edicts, it may have been simply impossible for Bandos to make his full powers manifest. This, along with the fact the he was acting through the body of a weak goblin meant that the potential strength of his avatar was greatly diminished. As such, the boss had only a tiny fraction of Bandos's true power.

@pikmin-that's quite true. The goblin priests keep getting weaker and weaker. I expect this priest to be level 25, so Zanik as the avatar may have been 3 times as strong with regeneration and range attack.

@paw claw: cooks assistant->RFD?

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

To those of you complaining the Avatar was easy to defeat, let me remind you of something.

The Bandos Avatar manifested itself in a Goblin High Preist, who aren't situated for combat. Zanik, while she was just under the Avatars control, kept her combat level of 75. Should she have become the Avatar, her Combat Level would have been much higher then that of the Avatar we defeated.

Theres also the fact that so little time passed between the Avatar taking over the High Preist and the time we battled with it. Should we have waited much longer, or if it delivered Bandos's message later, it would have been much stronger, possibly as strong as Bandos himself.

This is a good point. That's probably the reason why Zanik and Zanik alone was marked by Bandos; she would become probably the best fighter of the cave goblin race. It really was her destiny, but she broke free from that when she took that amulet off.

That and the fact the entire goblin story line has been low level so you can't expect a sudden leap up to an uber mega boss

It might also be worth keeping in mind that, because of the Guthixian Edicts, it may have been simply impossible for Bandos to make his full powers manifest. This, along with the fact the he was acting through the body of a weak goblin meant that the potential strength of his avatar was greatly diminished. As such, the boss had only a tiny fraction of Bandos's true power.

@pikmin-that's quite true. The goblin priests keep getting weaker and weaker. I expect this priest to be level 25, so Zanik as the avatar may have been 3 times as strong with regeneration and range attack.

@paw claw: cooks assistant->RFD?

Cooks Assistant to RFD isn't a storyline

RFD only require cook assistant in that the cook asks for your help again as you have helped him successfully before

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The route finding update is probably one of the best things they've ever done. Screw new content, walking backwards then forwards has been annoying me for near 8 years now.

Gotta love the new head at Jagex (if he had anything to do with it). :thumbsup:

Pasty.png