17th March 2009 - The Chosen Commander|Route-finding Update

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to fail on 150th quest jagex.

ugh - please. I am so tired of whiney kids. -.- The quest was wonderfull! Easy and a nice break from boring skilling.

How do you get to the throne room when you finish the quest?

Talk to Oldak next to the bank. Bring molten glass and law runes for him to make tele spheres.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Way to fail on 150th quest jagex.

ugh - please. I am so tired of whiney kids. -.- The quest was wonderfull! Easy and a nice break from boring skilling.

How do you get to the throne room when you finish the quest?

Talk to Oldak next to the bank. Bring molten glass and law runes for him to make tele spheres.

or go to blq and open the box

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Which monsters drop granite maces?

The monsters in the throne room after the quest. Naturally the higher the level of the npc the higher the probability of it dropping a granite mace. By the way the spec of the granite mace is the same spec of a granite maul...so throw on a rune defender and you have a weakened strength version of the maul (by about 20) with -11 crush, but is much quicker.

captain_poet.png

I thoroughly enjoyed the quest; it was excellent. :D

The only aspect I was disappointed in was the final boss fight. For being the Avatar of Bandos (Kree'arra's examine comes to mind) and possessing an amulet imbued with a great deal of Bandos' power, I expected a far more difficult fight from the boss. But otherwise, I found it to be an amazing quest well deserving of being the 150th.

The negativity in a good many of these posts is unfounded; the rewards may not be in the same league as WGS', but they were considerable nevertheless. No one should complete quests solely for the rewards, anyway.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I'm not a big quest person, but I don't understand all the hatin'. And I thought the cut scene where the statues parted and revealed the portal was particularly nice.

Yeah, it was a little too much "run here, fetch that" at the end, but that can't be avoided sometimes.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

And do you REALLY want them to postphone PvP worlds when so many wanted a way to pk again, just to stop tricking? From a buisness point of view I'm definitely with them on this one. And I think most would agree from a players view aswell.

They have also never said they would remove RWT. Just HEAVILY reduce it. Which they have done. RS is no longer in peril of being closed. But if RWT tries to destroy the game again they have to take action. I don't know exactly how they abused the Party Room, but if it wasn't being a problem then they wouldn't have done anything.

I can think of a possible problem (never tested it) for why they nerfed the drop parties on the servers. My theory is that if a RWT put the item in the chest with so much time before an update happens. The update is rolled around, and the person receiving the item logins after the update, and has a bit of time to login and get the item from the balloons right after the update is out. (When much much fewer people would be on the servers...let alone in the party room.) It's something I thought of testing before out of science...but I'm not nerdy enough to test it, and instead rush off to whatever the new update is...and too lazy to when it's just a bugfix.

captain_poet.png

So, I went to the duel arena to do a little testing of the crossbow's special to see what it actually does...

It didn't drain any stats(thought it might drain defence like it's lesser cousin) and it didn't stop eating.

I think it's just more accurate and damaging. I maxed a 30 when my normal max is about 22-25 with broad bolts(I'm not entirely sure what it is).

But I'm heading for more testing at sos spiders nontheless.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

This was slipped in since yesterday... Zaff now sells you 64 noted battlestaves all at once. =D>

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Pretty good story, would have been cooler if zanik and the cave goblins died though.

And why was the 150th quest 'experienced' >.<

oh well kudos for finally finishing a quest storyline haha, now let's move onto z...

They have also never said they would remove RWT. Just HEAVILY reduce it. Which they have done. RS is no longer in peril of being closed. But if RWT tries to destroy the game again they have to take action. I don't know exactly how they abused the Party Room, but if it wasn't being a problem then they wouldn't have done anything.

Here is the problem: your posts are based on nothing logical. You have no reasoning or insight into the issue...all you are saying is that you have blind faith in Jagex.

I on the other hand have extensive knowledge of all areas of the game, including RWT, and I can tell you that the ammount of RWT going on in in the party room was nothing more than maybe a kid on a playground asking his buddy if he could give him 500k for 5 bucks.

THIS is not the RWT problem. The RWT problem is gone, completely. The problem was stakers who were making 100M every day and then selling phat sets, coins, runes, etc....I know of a particular individual who made over $20,000 in cold hard cash, in a month. I know of another particular individual who would pay people 100 bucks to train up a moderate level pure. He would then stake hardcore for about a week, sell his gold FAST without any precautions, then SELL the empty account to some poor guy who would just end up getting banned. I also know of people who would, on a regular basis, just sit in edge bank and recieve stacks of gold, only to ship it out to a different seller later in the day, trafficing giant ammounts of money off free accounts that were completely untraceable. Sometimes these guys would even buy the gold with a stolen credit card, then sell it dirt cheap because it is still all profit to them.

All of these problems are gone now, especially with the BH updates. There was absolutely no reason to change the party room because it is a) not a reliable way to transfer large sums of gold and B) a SLOW way to transfer small sums of gold.

No one should complete quests solely for the rewards, anyway.

If someone complains that it is a bad quest because of bad rewards it does not mean they are solely looking at the rewards. The rewards of a quest are very important and help to implant a mark upon RS history. The 50th and 100th quests are both still looked at today as mandatory notches on a player's belt. The 150th quest is going to be forgotten. Also the fact that neither WGS nor the Legend's series is part of such a great landmark just completely confuses me. Look back at the 100th quest. We got a completely new quest format...one that could be completed in parts by players of any skill or quest background. And the rewards were weighted appropriately. RFD is still looked at 50 quests later as one of the longest and hardest quests there is, and the rewards are good for everybody. Now we get the 150 landmark and we have nothing to show for it. There are some things that COULD be USED, but nothing about this quest is memorable or brings anything genuinely game altering. An utter disappointment.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Ok my post about todays update.

I liked the hoodie, so I bought one.

I have to wait 5-6 weeks before I get it though. :wall:

The quest was awesome. I cant believe how much negativity it has gotten.

Yeah, it wasnt the next WGS Quest. Yeah, it didnt give 400k experience as the reward.

YEAH, it didnt release the next godsword. WHO CARES.

Every update cant bring a new overpowered weapon.

The crossbow is fairly good. Ive hit 20+ with it and I havent tried it much yet.

Il get a mace when there arent all these campers there.

The storyline of the quest was really good. Im glad they finished it like they did.

They could even decide to bring Bandos back.

We killed the Bandos Avatar, but for all we know, Bandos could have gone into hiding to regain his powers.

After all the quests ive done, I have learnt its not about the reward, but the experience of doing the quest.

Once you learn to enjoy the quest and not rush through it to be the first to get the rewards, you will stop complaining about crappy rewards, because doing the quest in itself was reward enough.

I would personally complete every quest even if I got no reward whatsoever for doing them.

Its the experience of doing the quest, which I find being the reward. ::'

Now onto my QUEST TRAILER! :mrgreen:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JUhiC-ScUc

no, I would have much rather gone to the gym, hung out with friends, or even done something productive than do that gay quest. Sure the storyline beats other quests, but Jagex is half-assing the [cabbage] out of everything in 2009. I mean, the 150th quest?? really??

I'm not a big quester though, but on top of that they hardly ever can get an update right the first time...

I finish the quest and wait to see my reward, oh, but WAIT! Jagex boofed it again and forgot to put a reward screen up! (a glitch or something, didn't only happen to me)

And this new walking thing is good and all, but why the f would I want to walk into spaces that I can't go into? (like through walls and stuff), that just makes things almost more of a hastle.

That quest in itself was DEFINATELY [bleep]ING NOT "In itself rewarding enough"...

I feel like [cabbage] now that i wasted a few hours of my day...time to go to the gym -.-

Well, the mace is a decent substitute for a rune scimmy while pking. Now maulers don't have to carry a scimmy anymore.

What's the speed of a granite mace? As fast as a scimitar?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000