Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

The ironic thing is that Dungeoneering is probably one of the only skills that actually requires skill to be good at.

XP Rate with good Dungeoneers = 1Large/30mins

XP Rate with bad W117ers = 1Large/90mins

You mean it's the only activity (as in the general term) that requires skills (which refers to teamwork) to get good payout. It's much like team-based activities like castle wars and stealing creation. Of course, if those had actual level system I can say the same thing too. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ironic thing is that Dungeoneering is probably one of the only skills that actually requires skill to be good at.

You mean it's the only activity (as in the general term) that requires skills (which refers to teamwork) to get good payout. It's much like team-based activities like castle wars and stealing creation. Of course, if those had actual level system I can say the same thing too. :rolleyes:

Yes, and I would argue good CW'ers are more skilled than people who have a lot of grind-99's like cooking etc.

It's not only teamwork - you need a good memory, be able to prioritize kill order, have a large knowledge base (eg crush on skeles, etc), etc.

I think there's nothing wrong with saying this "minigame" is a skill, just because it has so much breadth. I think it's a refreshing change, and requires at least some intelligence to train properly, unlike most RS skills. It's silly to say it fits the normal model as a "skill", but I don't see what the harm is by calling it one. It actually incentivises playing it more too.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yes, and I would argue good CW'ers are more skilled than people who have a lot of grind-99's like cooking etc.

It's not only teamwork - you need a good memory, be able to prioritize kill order, have a large knowledge base (eg crush on skeles, etc), etc.

I think there's nothing wrong with saying this "minigame" is a skill, just because it has so much breadth. I think it's a refreshing change, and requires at least some intelligence to train properly, unlike most RS skills. It's silly to say it fits the normal model as a "skill", but I don't see what the harm is by calling it one. It actually incentivises playing it more too.

I don't think it requires skill at all, if you all grab tools, always on the move, and have good voice communication it's actually really straight forward, the attack styles is fairly simple... if jagex allow more ammo bound it'll shave time off definitely as the magic rune system is a little beeped atm.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I don't think it requires skill at all, if you all grab tools, always on the move, and have good voice communication it's actually really straight forward, the attack styles is fairly simple... if jagex allow more ammo bound it'll shave time off definitely as the magic rune system is a little beeped atm.

Doesn't require skill at all... and you proceed to list things that are skill.

There are hardly any monsters in slayer that you need a "special technique" to kill .. and that technique is: "Fight like any other monster and when it has only X amount of LP use Y on it to kill it" or "Just equip X item to kill it" ... I wouldn't call that a special technique.

The one to blame in that case would be Runescape itself, or more accuratly, the combat engine.

Everything in RS is just "Click-Wait-Dead". That's why i have not been playing a lot recently.

Games like the aforementioned monster hunter perfect MMO PvM, and RS is far behind. Either they rework the entire thing, or RS may be replaced a lot more often then it is now :???:

Hey I like raiding, its that its got an abysmal design, and is far to hard to find good teams.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Thought all of you dungeoneerers out there might like this news:

@Joord Yes, Dungeoneering 2.0 is planned on being out well before the end of 2010. [Ajd]

Thought all of you dungeoneerers out there might like this news:

@Joord Yes, Dungeoneering 2.0 is planned on being out well before the end of 2010. [Ajd]

Hopefully we'll get it early next month (unlikely) before I leave for vacation...

Little summary of Mod Mark's Twitter Q&A which finished not long ago:

@RuneScape Hello Mod Mark. Can we get a word on Myreque V? How about updates in Morytania this year? Thanks.

@X_Pur3_04 I hope so, but its not looking likely. Myreque is something I really wanted to update yearly too :([Mark]

Hey Mod Mark, thx for doing this QA! Two Q's - What's up with Myreque (tease us :P), and will Dungeoneering be involved in MOTM5? @RuneScape

@Moe_Is_4210 Regarding the conclusion of the MOTM series.... no spoilers for that sorry :) [Mark]

@RuneScape where the eastern lands at?

@RyanRitter To the east. lol. [Mark]

@RuneScape Hi mark, my question: will there be any new features for solo dungeoneers in the future? soloing ftw :D

@mediochip1 There's lots planned for Dungeoneering but nothing specifically for single player [Mark]

@Runescape Greetings, Mark! When can we expect a new batch of dungeon floors? :)

@fueledbysarahh Were working on the occult and warped floors right now. [Mark]

@RuneScape Mod Mark, I am a huge fan of RS quests and diaries. Would the acheivment diary cape trim the qp cape?

@Torin050 Good question! The answer is no, there are no links planned between the QC and diary gear [Mark]

@RuneScape Mark, are there still plans for the dragon defender to be released? If so, when might we be expecting to see it ingame? Thank ...

@OneEightyTwoxD Yes, I still plan to release dragon defender. No, I won't give the release date. [Mark]

@runescape Any plans to get the smithing overhaul done this year? As an avid smither, I really want to know what you plan for it.

@GUHelp Were concepting some cool smithing things right now, but I have no idea when it might be ready for release. [Mark]

@Runescape Do you plan on seperating Daemonhiem and Dungeoneering? or will all dungeoneering quests involve daemonhiem?

@Fluffywastog Dungeoneering is "The knowledge of the magiks used to create Daemonheim". Those magiks exist elsewhere :) [Mark]

@Runescape Is there a pirate quest in development? Been a while since we had one. If not, what about Elven/Monkeys? Thanks!

@Jedicake (SPOILER ALERT) We are working on a quest that has monkeys in it! [Mark]

@RuneScape #runescape when could we see a quest line with a DNG req in the mix?

@Anthony0712 I'm working on some ideas about Dungeoneering quests right now. [Mark]

@Moe_Is_4210 No! The postbag is not cancelled. I actually started that project years ago myself and its very dear to my heart. [Mark]

@Fluffywastog Dungeoneering is not the final skill, we have plans for more but none are in development right now. [Mark]

@RuneScape will their be any updates to the city in runescape like varrock/ fally not just increased graphics? more shops? more buildings?

@blackram66 Varrock and Falador are very full. I'm not saying they will never be updated, but its more likely to go elsewhere [Mark]

@Runescape Will we ever be able to wear any cape inside a Daemonheim dungeon?

@DenUsynlige Sadly no capes will ever be in Daemonheim. Its the cost of making such cool looking gear down there, capes wont fit. [Mark]

@Runescape I remember reading that the orb of ocoulus will have something like a Chroma Key type of tool and other tools, are these coming?

@Zenopzz Were working on Occulous tools now, but I'll be honest and say its low priority stuff purely because its not widely used [Mark]

@Moe_Is_4210 The Dragonkin are coming and their vengeance will be mighty... [Mark]

@GUHelp We have experimented with "first person" in the past, but right now its not something the engine can do convincingly well IMO. [Mark]

@Fluffywastog Dungeoneering is not the final skill, we have plans for more but none are in development right now. [Mark]

:unsure:

:(

This really means they plan to switch focus to their other games and let runescape die a silent dead in the next 5 years

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This really means they plan to switch focus to their other games and let runescape die a silent dead in the next 5 years

How on earth could you possibly draw a conclusion like that from such a simple statement. They JUST released Dungeoneering, do you honestly think they would immedietely start working on another skill?

Sylpheed.png

How on earth could you possibly draw a conclusion like that from such a simple statement. They JUST released Dungeoneering, do you honestly think they would immedietely start working on another skill?

If you look at the dev diary for summoning you'll see that they usually always have some skill in development.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I agree with Sylph. Now if they had said "Yeah, Dungeoneering was the last skill we will be making." THEN I would see where you got that from.

Just because they USUALLY always have 1 skill in development doesn't mean they ALWAYS do.

I'd imagine it is pretty standard that no skill will be in production for a few months after skill launch to give workers a break/other things to do. Give time to concept new skills.

Plus don;t forget they are still working on dungeoneering batch 2, so they haven't technically finished developing dungeoneering.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just because they USUALLY always have 1 skill in development doesn't mean they ALWAYS do.

I'd imagine it is pretty standard that no skill will be in production for a few months after skill launch to give workers a break/other things to do. Give time to concept new skills.

Plus don;t forget they are still working on dungeoneering batch 2, so they haven't technically finished developing dungeoneering.

I agree with this, and because of it, our next skill wont be out for a long time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

To be fair, DG is going to take a LOOOOOOONG time for us to digest. I am fine with it. I do hope the new skill will be more unique than DG though because it they went back to the "go to bank, take stuff out, do things to the stuff, put stuff in bank, repeat" I will rage.

Nerd rage that is

rawr

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Not necessarily the same workers work on the new skill/last skill.

It takes a lot of time to develop a skill, I think it would be safe to put 'minimum a year' on a new skill. From drawing board -> bugfree release.

If they aren't working on a skill right now, this would mean no skill this time next year. That is rather disappointing... :???:

Here you can see how long it has taken to develop former skills. As you can see there have been at least one skill in development almost all the time since the development of Slayer began.
namnlskopia.jpg

Actually, I remember reading that Dungeoneering development took about a year give or take. That would mean they started close to mid 2009.

That means no new skill was in development from around early 2008 untill around Q2 of 2009.

Not necessarily the same workers work on the new skill/last skill.

It takes a lot of time to develop a skill, I think it would be safe to put 'minimum a year' on a new skill. From drawing board -> bugfree release.

If they aren't working on a skill right now, this would mean no skill this time next year. That is rather disappointing... :???:

Seriously, you just sound like a spoilt kid now. Expecting them to put devs stragiht onto another new skill straight away when Dungeoneering isn't finished and is arguably the biggest skill they have ever done is just unrealistic.

I'd rather wait longer for a new skill so they can fully flesh out and tweak Dungeoneering than be presented with another reskin skill which includes gathering this then processing it into a useless and worthless item.

Sylpheed.png