Postbag, Gallery and Wallpapers on Aug-05-2009

Atom Smash40

The other letters are supposed to have hints too.

Evil Dave's letter: Something involving either Evil Dave or his "SPANIEL OF UNIMAGINABLE HORROR."

Dr. Nabanik's letter: This is obvious, it means they're continuing to work on the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest line.

Zimberfizz's letter: Lines up with the Hardens South section of the CE's suitcase. Something is fishy about Nomad, and we're going to find out what.

Thurgo's letter: Talking about different types of metal probably is a subtle nod at the elemental equipment, so I'm thinking Elemental Workshop 3.

Ping and Pong's letter: Penguins. Cold War 3, presumably, or else whatever the "rock star" hint is referring to.

Reldo's letter: Has to do with elves; therefore, a future update will have to do with elves. Lines up with the Temple of Light map.

Vargas's letter: Likely a hint at the same thing as the peanut joke, some sort of barbarian Assault update.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its been suggest yet on this thread, not that I could see at least but..

What is a rock, and a star?

A Shooting Star?

Something to do with the shooting star minigame?

Still not sure how it would tie into fishing however.

dawnsigblue-3.png

In the code for the Chaos Elemental suitcase image, I found the following:

Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.

Both the alt text for the image ("my name is in this Postbag") and the invisible span ("Peter, I know you are looking in my suitcase. BTW - the gas is on at your house.") are not visible normally. As for the meaning, the alt gives us a hint as to where to find the Chaos Elemental's name, and the invisible span suggests meaning to the Chaos Elemental saying, "do you smell gas?," i.e., the Chaos Elemental is pointing out that Pete left the stove on at his house. However, this is just the most simplistic interpretation of these messages, and more hidden meaning is certainly possible.

as soon as i saw this i looked in properties and check this out the alternate text for the picture says. "my name is in this postbag"

sorry is someone else has already seen this but i really want to know the chaos elemental s name and it might be something.

postbagproperties.jpg

oops old topic blast it i really wish i knew how to delete.......

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

Mod Osborne confirmed it, the shorthand reads:

You've been warned about Soul Wars

Nomad is to be feared

Oh man, does this mean I'll actually have to play the fail minigame for the quest/update? :ohnoes:

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Nomad is to be feared

Oh man, does this mean I'll actually have to play the fail minigame for the quest/update? :ohnoes:

Probably not, just have a nice chat with zimberfizz about nomad, also if Nomad leaves zimberfizz will probably be the new npc to run Soul wars.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

My brain suddenly made another weird choice for "All at the same time".

Could the shortage of updates this summer be due to having three(or four) epic quests coming out in the same week?

Could this be it or did my brain just spew out the chunks of lunch?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

My brain suddenly made another weird choice for "All at the same time".

Could the shortage of updates this summer be due to having three(or four) epic quests coming out in the same week?

Could this be it or did my brain just spew out the chunks of lunch?

I would love JaGEx forever if they did that! <3:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just a thought, but could the digsite boat go to a place where a Mahjarrat is hiding/growing in power?

In order to really grow in power, the mahjarrat in question would need to be near the Ritual site, so it's unlikely. And there are only so many mahjarrat unaccounted for. There's nothing really preventing that, but it seems like it would be anticlimactic, don't you think?

My theory is, we know that Ali the Wise is an anagram for that Mahjarrat (forgot the name), maybe we can figure out other NPCs as Mahjarrats through doing this.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My theory is, we know that Ali the Wise is an anagram for that Mahjarrat (forgot the name), maybe we can figure out other NPCs as Mahjarrats through doing this.

nomad

damon

demon?

or is it...

odamn?

nomad

damon

demon?

or is it...

odamn?

More like Wahisietel.

I really liked the tribute to female players one

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Nomad is to be feared

Damn I was one word off. Still it's nice to know that no one had suggested either Nomad or soul wars until i presented the possibility. It always feels good to be on the cutting edge of a good riddle.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

These clues are like the driving force behind me doing quests i don't want to do... (i.e. i did ME1 & 2 in hours{props to the quest writers})now i have to do defenders of varrock and the sequal.... [Cabage] My Life

These clues are like the driving force behind me doing quests i don't want to do... (i.e. i did ME1 & 2 in hours{props to the quest writers})now i have to do defenders of varrock and the sequal.... [Cabage] My Life

I remember feeling the same way, but when WGS rolled around and I ended up doing all the quests.

Quests are annoying, I don't know how people enjoy them so much. Yeah, they're fun, but I keep forgetting something stupid like...a tinderbox...at the bank when I'm in the middle of some dungeon 15 minutes from a bank.

Quests are annoying, I don't know how people enjoy them so much. Yeah, they're fun, but I keep forgetting something stupid like...a tinderbox...at the bank when I'm in the middle of some dungeon 15 minutes from a bank.

That's part of the fun. Not only do quests have puzzles and things to fight, but you get to laugh at yourself along the way. :XD:

Either that or I'm just insane. :-k Oh well, I'm happy. :mrgreen: :lol:

OT: I like the looks of these hidden messages. A big thanks to all who helped solve everything.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that postie pete remarked "I must say that the suitcase smelt decidedly of dagannoth. Not pleasant."

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that postie pete remarked "I must say that the suitcase smelt decidedly of dagannoth. Not pleasant."

It's probably related to the Barbarian Assault hint and Vargas's letter. We can't really glean much from that tidbit except that whatever new content is coming for the Fremennik area will involve dagannoths somehow.

It's probably related to the Barbarian Assault hint and Vargas's letter. We can't really glean much from that tidbit except that whatever new content is coming for the Fremennik area will involve dagannoths somehow.

Dagannoth Queens? :o

Riding Dagannoth to Archeron? :thumbup:

Training a Dagannoth army to kill Lucien? :twisted:

Or maybe a use for hte dock south o' Etceteria Castle? :-k

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just came back from a holiday, and I have to say guys: Nothing beats 14 pages full of RuneScape related riddles slowly getting decoded! :thumbsup:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

The examine text of Romily Weaklax from the Cooking guild might suggest that he's also a Mahjarrat.

priest_wiz.png