What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The first time I watched In Bruges, the last scene, I was like, 'Nah, that dude has kids and a wife. He won't shoot himself.' But then I was like, 'Damn, that man is a man of his word!'

Planning on watching some Lord of the Rings Special Extended Edition this weekend, since I'll be done with work for the summer. Honestly, I can say that those are my favorite movies of all time. And if I watch one, I have to watch all of them. I get sucked into Tolkein's world and after watching all of them, I really don't want to leave and return to real life.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

^^^LoTR ftw

Just got done watching The People Under the Stairs. SURPRISINGLY good movie, and I can't believe I'm saying this but... I'd actually like to see a video game. I could really see it working as a "How Long Can You Last?" type survival horror game. Hard to explain, but see the movie or read a summary and you'll know what I mean, though it works better if you see it to get a sense of the atmosphere. Not as a full $60 release, but maybe a $15-$20 download game.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Planning on watching some Lord of the Rings Special Extended Edition this weekend,

Holy [bleep] I was gonna do the same thing! :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Kings - Only the second time watching it, first time was at it was airing. It is awesome, extremely awesome, no other way to explain it. The only thing that could have made it better was lose the religious aspect, they could have easily done without that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Rashômon (1950)

It was very good even if the acting was a tad over the top, but that's the nature of Japanese film. If you've ever seen Hero (2002) or Basic (2003), Rashômon is where those directors got their ideas from.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

It wasn't a bad movie - I just think they went overboard with the silliness and wankering. For a bunch of [bleep]-ups, they sure did have it pretty easy. I guess Requiem for a Dream spoiled the sadist me.

And like I said, I saw a lot of merit in the ending.

Super 8: Really good film, very entertaining. The plot was decent and the characters were pretty good, I can see the child actors in this being quite successful in the future. The only bad thing I will say about it was that it ended a bit suddenly, oh and the train crash was ridiculous. On the whole a really good film though, definitely worth a watch and also you see the completed zombie film in the credits. 8/10

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was... meh. Few good scenes, the rest... so so. 6/10.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Wedding Crashers - Show this to me a few years ago, I would have hated it for Owen Wilson, but now, after seeing him in Wes Anderson films, I liked him and the movie in general.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Death Note I and II after watching the anime. Pretty run of the mill adaptation, but the ending surprised me - I loved it. It was much better than the anime's ending.

Instead of Kira killing L and the series dragging on for another incredibly dull arc and ending in a very depressing way, L hatches a plan which involves him making a heroic sacrifice to catch Kira red handed. Misa loses her memory so she dosen't commit suicide. And Light's dad dosen't die.

The end of the first movie was also pretty good. The first one ends right after Light kills Naomi. The way he kills her in the movie makes him look 5x more like a complete monster sociopath than in the anime.

In the anime he's desperate because she has evidence that would surely lead L to him (only she doesn't know it would directly implicate Light specifically), so he tricks her into giving him her name and kills her with the death note.

In the movie, she flatly accuses him of being Kira earlier in the movie with no real evidence and comes off as a raving lunatic. So what does Light do?

He writes down both her name and the name of his girlfriend in the death note. How it works out is Naomi kidnaps his girlfriend and says that if Light dosen't confess she'll kill his girlfriend. His girlfriend breaks free, but is shot through the heart and dies. Naomi then commits suicide. He then uses the sympathy points to get on the Kira task force. I must reiterate, he planned the whole thing out. Ryuk then comments that he acts more like a Reaper than most Reapers he knows. You know you're a complete sicko when you can get a god of death to border on being morally disgusted with you.

Escape from Alcatraz, A classic

My Dad made me watch this as a kid, I love it!!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."