200M in all Skills

Makilio

*wonders why people think this game will exist longer than +5 years*

Guys, be careful not to nerdify the thread please. Not everyone likes to solve EVERYTHING with math... >.> it's nice you have the brain capacity to make those calculations, but use them to go study at Harvard or something (getting requirments first ofc) instead of wasting it on Runescape lol. Following the most efficient way (aka that spreadsheet) would make bootcamp look like a freaking 5 star vacation. 'But some people have done this!!!!' yeah, few hours a day for like 2 weeks max? No one is able to do those things the way they've been written down longterm, mainly because it doesn't allow to do anything else at the same time (either requiring too much focus or missing the max xp/h possible due to it) + it would take years either way. *injects the thread with a dose of reality* There, glad we figured that one out.

@Xensure: I believe the purpose of the thread is who will reach 200m in all skills and whether its possible to do or not. Imo, posting tedious ways like spending 7k hours at cave crawlers (seriously guys LOL) doesn't improve that discussion in any way. If you need something to bicker about, join a math club if making calculations about things that only a handful of people take interest in is where you get your kicks from (let alone that no one would be able to do it the fair way atleast aka not acc sharing or anything). On that note, efficiency is merely a sub topic on this thread aswell and should definitely not become the main point of discussion. I'd rather read a -50% post quantity if the quality improves, so to say.

@ 200m range gratzers: Tyvm :) ! Also, slayer is not a cb skill, so it has nothing to do with becoming the ultimate cb master or w/e. Just because slayer is a skill that you can gain exp for doesn't make it superior to its camping counterpart. It's a matter of preference, and nothing more. It's the actual cb skills that count. Anyone who finds there's something beyond that is either a slayer fanboy or a camper troller. It usually goes mixed together.

+5 years - 2 things. First, it has already existed 10 years and 5 more isn't too unreasonable. Second, who spends 18 hours a day playing a game that is hopeless it will last just a few more years longer.

^I don't suppose you play many other games? If Rs continues to run on Java, there WILL be new games that are going to outclass it. The appeal that Rs has is: decent f2p content, detailed highscores and high difficulty to reach levels/exp (time consuming). Wilderness/free trade/staking will return, not really an appeal, but it will draw in money from rwt dealers, botters and pkers. The pkers are usually young and either got too attached to Rs's pk mechanics to find that appeal in another game, or just don't know any better. Like you said, Rs has been up and running for 10 years, which is a positive thing for them aswell. They've built up quite a few loyal players who won't go easily. Difficulty has been dropping for a long while now, and the other appeals that Rs has are slowly crippling aswell. Wilderness/free trade is returning for a reason, you know. But feel free to explain why you think Rs will survive atleast 5 more years? :)

Yes kids, take a lesson from drumgun here. Use dem math skills for better things than RS, lol what a waste. btw wuts maths lol idk i just going 2 keep playin rs cuz doze crosses and dashes and stuff dont maeka sense 2 me. ppl who do math go to harvard obviously and those who dont obviously nolyfe a game that won't exist in 5 years. obviously.

^Harvard 'or something', it was just a random example. Edit: Kinda agree with Squishers point a few posts below, either way, would be a good idea to make use of those brains and earn some good money I'd say :P . As stated in previous posts, Rs isn't all that I focus on. So, obviously you should learn to read more carefully.

Slaying obviously has nothing to do with combat in any way lol whered u guys get that idea r u stupid. obviously it's just a matter of preference. It is a well known fact that it takes no more skill to learn the best ways to kill a set of 20 monsters as opposed to just killing abyssal demons.

^Since when are you bound to killing one type of monster if you don't train your combat with slayer? Abby demons isn't all that I've killed, and even so, that's not even an objective statement - it's not like everyone that doesn't train cb with slayer kills abby demons alot lol.

@Thai: Of course some maths is fine, but 5+ pages of just maths is a bit too much I would say (feel free to disagree lol, just my opinion). Not saying that the info isn't interesting, I just feel that it's a bit too off topic concerning the actual thread to be discussed in such detail :o . It would fit perfectly into an efficiency thread for all skills, or, as suggested earlier, a guide of the most efficient training ways for each skill. :P

Edit: Thanks Zhow :) , though Rs wise, Zarfots efficiency hasn't been thrumped by anyone else, so mediocre certainly doesn't fit him I would say :o

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Well, the top players wouldn't want to spend hours figuring out the most efficient methods (because that would be inefficient), so it's nice that others are willing to do that.

drumgun is so right, just play a few hours and look at your average per hour, play if you want, enjoy it and dont worry about 10k you might have lost during firemaking, when you dont fm your way back to the bank, and walk there

@zarfnot, couldnt think of an own name, hah?

@ drumgun.....totaly off topic but any smart person who goes to harvard isnt actualy smart, it just means they are a true idiot and wasting talent, im not sure why talented people would go to a law college and get a degree as a lawyer and have the choice between being an underpaid person in the most crowded job area, or going into politics and having 49% of people hate you if your sucessfull

back on topic

the new wildy dungeon wil be full of revs which drop brawlers, this could perhaps change some xp rates in agilty, firemaking, magic, cooking, prayer etc

a_final_name.png

back on topic

the new wildy dungeon wil be full of revs which drop brawlers, this could perhaps change some xp rates in agilty, firemaking, magic, cooking, prayer etc

I doubt they would help in any of those skills except agility and fishing just because of their high xp rates, I am not entirely sure how brawlers work. And even if the gloves had a decent drop rate you would also get less useful ones like mining (can't use smith gauntlets).

back on topic

I doubt they would help in any of those skills except agility and fishing just because of their high xp rates, I am not entirely sure how brawlers work. And even if the gloves had a decent drop rate you would also get less useful ones like mining (can't use smith gauntlets).

I've used over 100 brawlers and they are very fast, I got over 1.5m p/h burning mage logs for example, as long as when wildy comes back they can still be used out of wildy all brawlers are useful. If they can only be used in wild thieve, wc, hunt and prayer ones will be useless though. Since they give 4x xp in wildy, as long as you can get more than 1 hour worth of brawlers in under 3 hours (maybe 2 hours to compensate for the slightly lower xp p/h in wildy and the less useful gloves you will get) they will increase xp rates in the relevant skills. All depends on drop rates and how easy farming the gloves will be without getting pked. I'm sure their will be clans to gather brawlers if they do turn out to be worth the time.

Bbk.png

i'm not trolling... maybe you are stupid and find multiplication and division difficult.

No need to flame.

And this is off topic, can we get back to the Church of Drumgun please? :)

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

@ drumgun.....totaly off topic but any smart person who goes to harvard isnt actualy smart, it just means they are a true idiot and wasting talent, im not sure why talented people would go to a law college and get a degree as a lawyer and have the choice between being an underpaid person in the most crowded job area, or going into politics and having 49% of people hate you if your sucessfull

back on topic

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Harvard kids are idiots?

Agent_G_F.png

Does the spreadsheet include anything about effigies from slayer? Even something about just the xp from opening, not the lamp which changes skills

Yes, it factors receiving an effigy 1:100k slayer xp. Right now all the dragonkin lamps xp go to RC and the effigy bonuses from opening them are evenly split over the 8 slowest skills to train for each pairing. This is where the spreadsheet is flawed because I don't have dragonkin lamps set to go the 2nd slowest skill if someone already has RC maxed. If I get some time I could try to adjust this but for now all the top 15 people are so far off that it shouldn't matter too much.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

ugh the "math skills" being talked about is just simple arithmetic you learn in Jr high. you can't go to harvard with that.

Vouch this, if you can't handle the sight of simple caculations, why are you in a discussion thread like this?

Also Xensure, would it be possible for your spreadsheet to incorporate the rates if one were to use effigies on slayer? I'm not too familar with google spreadsheets

ZMFg2.jpg

How many pages do you think this thread will be once someone gets 200m in all skills?

Well it took over a year to reach 100 pages and 2 months to reach 200...If the exponential growth continues I would guess around sixty gigabillion pages

Bbk.png

you are a wannabe zarfot -> who might go to college but only attracts online nerds with his type of 'wit', which is disgusting, as long as people have the motivation to do something, whether it is fun or the drive to accomplish something, they shall play, even when the game dies in a few years

zarfot was pathetic to quit the game, he is currently so far away of being something in rl, that he could have earned more sympathy nolifing a game, later he will regret to have done it

zarfot was one of the players who didnt enjoy the game at all, and if he couldnt have stopped years ago, why would he now, his mediocre guides and tips were useless throughout, his social incompetence should have stayed within his four walls, and not reach the fresh air, i never had respect for what he was doing

drumgun, gratz for the 200m ranged, i would love to see you get the cash for prayer ready

If you simply think wit, mockery, humor, sarcasm, etc. are disgusting, then you are entirely missing the point of them. He changed how I played the game to get 2376 VERY quickly. He changed the way I think about time management in RS and IRL. Does this mean that I wish I were him? Of course not. In no line of logic do these things imply that. It's a rather cheep, nonsensical shot. And you think his type of 'wit' is disgusting...

Zarfot pathetic to quit the game? Zarfot not being anything IRL? Zarfot not enjoying the game... AT ALL!? Zarfot's mediocre guides and tips?! Useless?!?! Social incompetence?!? Screenied tbh.

Fine, you don't have to respect anything anyone does whether others consider it deserved or not, but nearly all of the things you outlined in that one paragraph are simply ignorant and false. I really don't know how else to put it.