200M in all Skills

Makilio

I don't know if this is old news or not, but has anyone considered using magic trees for contruction and farming exp? It's about 130k in both an hour, and costs 223 gp/xp. This may seem like a lot, but any of the high level players that are good merchers could make good use out of this. 200m farming would be easily possible within a year with this.

Err did you stop to consider the sheer amount of gp needed for that method to be useful, before you made that post? Im going to assume that its 223 gp/exp for farming and construction combined. In that case, 1m exp in both skills would cost 223m gp! 200m exp in both farming and construction would cost 44.6b gp and for that insane price youre only gaining 260k exp/hour. Just think about how far you could get in rs with 44.6b and youll probably realise how much of a waste it is to blow all that on 2 skills.

If you want to be the best, you have to pay lots of money. Everybody knows that.

@ Mugunge

While I agree that paying that amount of money for 2 skills is terrible, you have to remind yourself that this thread analyses the behavior of a different breed of players. Since these players are kinda competing against one another, it's not impossible to think a player might choose that way of training.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

223 gp/xp is unrealistic, even for these guys, and considering it's farming, definitely not worth it. People that have never dealt with the problems of having more than max money should really not make childish suggestions about how to train skills. If there was a way to train rc or slayer for 100 gp/xp, then it might be realistic, but considering these guys are in a deficit of money and even merching takes way too much attention those ways would hardly be feasible. We all know construction can be trained with demonic thrones, but until someone actually does it on a scale that matters, it's not a training method.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Perhaps magic trees aren't a good method, but he might be onto something if one of the other bagged plants is cheaper to use, though it would have to be considerably cheaper, like 70gp/xp MAX.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Perhaps magic trees aren't a good method, but he might be onto something if one of the other bagged plants is cheaper to use, though it would have to be considerably cheaper, like 70gp/xp MAX.

Errm...has anyone said that farming is a skill all these guys are going to stumble on or something? If this has been said, they are dead wrong. Farming will easily come withing 2 years of normal herbs/trees/fruit/calquat farming without sacrificing pace in all other skills, so while those methods might seem nice and everything, are completely irrelevant. If a skill costs more than 30 gp/xp, it has to be atleast 1m xp an hour, unless it's rc, in which case it would need to be atleast 100k an hour.

I remember the ultimate staker Cursed You getting 99 con through demon thrones for a bit. He really wanted to be the first to show his wealth. Anyone remember his insane staking threads?

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I remember the ultimate staker Cursed You getting 99 con through demon thrones for a bit. He really wanted to be the first to show his wealth. Anyone remember his insane staking threads?

im not sure why he did, he was a real world trader and at 25m a piece demonic thrones wuold have made him $100 irl ecah, so knowing hes a rwt idk why he did it

a_final_name.png

im not sure why he did, he was a real world trader and at 25m a piece demonic thrones wuold have made him $100 irl ecah, so knowing hes a rwt idk why he did it

To be first

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Pretty sure he only started selling after he got tired of the game. You have to remember that accounts that sold gp got busted quite fast, you couldnt just go around for months selling your staking/merchanting profits. Just about all famous rich players that turned to RWT (that i know of), did it in a mad gp selling spree, to sell as much as possible before they got caught.

Anyway, as xpx said, 223 gp/exp is unrealistic and that was the point of my post. I dont believe any of the top players have that kind of gp because if they did, they would be rushing through all the buyables, yet most of them arent so i dont think we'll see anyone using insanely expensive methods anytime soon.

Errm...has anyone said that farming is a skill all these guys are going to stumble on or something? If this has been said, they are dead wrong. Farming will easily come withing 2 years of normal herbs/trees/fruit/calquat farming without sacrificing pace in all other skills, so while those methods might seem nice and everything, are completely irrelevant. If a skill costs more than 30 gp/xp, it has to be atleast 1m xp an hour, unless it's rc, in which case it would need to be atleast 100k an hour.

I think people are mostly referring to drumgun who has 69 farming.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Pretty sure he only started selling after he got tired of the game. You have to remember that accounts that sold gp got busted quite fast, you couldnt just go around for months selling your staking/merchanting profits. Just about all famous rich players that turned to RWT (that i know of), did it in a mad gp selling spree, to sell as much as possible before they got caught.

Anyway, as xpx said, 223 gp/exp is unrealistic and that was the point of my post. I dont believe any of the top players have that kind of gp because if they did, they would be rushing through all the buyables, yet most of them arent so i dont think we'll see anyone using insanely expensive methods anytime soon.

Bolded area would be incorrect. They did get busted, but not that fast. Cursed You managed to sell $17k in two months before "being caught". He claims that someone, somehow, got on his account. He was banned for RWT although Jagex, according to him, had no proof against him. He did admit to RWT, though. Same goes to all the top stakers who got banned for RWT: Raven, Fubupower, ect ect.

http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16803

I win, you loose. Gf

Bolded area would be incorrect. They did get busted, but not that fast. Cursed You managed to sell $17k in two months before "being caught". He claims that someone, somehow, got on his account. He was banned for RWT although Jagex, according to him, had no proof against him. He did admit to RWT, though. Same goes to all the top stakers who got banned for RWT: Raven, Fubupower, ect ect.

I win, you loose. Gf

That link does not take you to a page that says anything. Says some error occurred, the required files were missing and whatnot.

pere_grin.png

I win, you loose. Gf

That link does not take you to a page that says anything. Says some error occurred, the required files were missing and whatnot.

Man, why do you have to act liek that? I hate people who act as if they know it all. The error was that I linked you directly to the topic, which is only available to registered users.

Anyhow, same topic different style: http://www.di-rs.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t16803.html

[hide]

I win, you loose. Gf

Man, why do you have to act liek that? I hate people who act as if they know it all. The error was that I linked you directly to the topic, which is only available to registered users.

Anyhow, same topic different style: http://www.di-rs.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t16803.html

[/hide]

I hope you were being scarcastic. I read the post, and found it interesting.

pere_grin.png

Cursed you got 99 construction with mahogany tables with other people running the planks for him(as there weren't any planks yet and no ge). He didn't train with thrones, that would have been pointlessly difficult. Staking doesn't exist anymore, so you can't take that into account. 69 farming is not worse than 99 farming, when he wants to start farming, he will, but i'm guessing it's too costly for him right now.

[hide]

I win, you loose. Gf

[/hide]

I hope you were being scarcastic. I read the post, and found it interesting.

Alright, cool. Sorry for being an a-hole :$

Well if drumgun need some money he could start off by getting 200mil rc xp.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

And who says he does? I'm fairly sure drumgun hasn't ever said he is going for 5B xp+, and it is real easy for you to say to go for something, but the reality is, barely a percentile of people in the world could realistically do that with zmi, and next to noone could ever do it with death runes(for money). Coupled with the fact that rc is actually terrible money, he would rather do frost dragons for the money, perhaps even use the bones himself.

And who says he does? I'm fairly sure drumgun hasn't ever said he is going for 5B xp+, and it is real easy for you to say to go for something, but the reality is, barely a percentile of people in the world could realistically do that with zmi, and next to noone could ever do it with death runes(for money). Coupled with the fact that rc is actually terrible money, he would rather do frost dragons for the money, perhaps even use the bones himself.

What a joke.

What a joke.

I'm guessing you know best.... Judging by your stats, you have never actually killed a frost dragon...

What a joke.

I'm guessing you know best.... Judging by your stats, you have never actually killed a frost dragon...

How can you possibly see my stats? I have no username provided, nor do I have a stats signature, and my forum username isn't the same as my RSN. And I was specifically talking about the bold text, RC is not terrible money.

RC is either somewhat good money and terrible XP or terrible money and average XP. Top players are mostly looking for XP, so if Drumgun or any of the top players trains RC, they would most likely train it via ZMI, hence the argument that RC is bad money "for top players".

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

What a joke.

for once i gotta agree with xpx, theres mayn 4m/h methods such as frost dragons, bandos solo, arma solo, tds, small team ls corp (pays off in long run but takes a while).....heck even grenwalls are more moeny but hes alrady 200m hunt

rc shuld be zmied at worst, zarfot is doing most of his rc off effigys which is quite smart

a_final_name.png

Zarfot has just claimed rank #2 from Jdelacroix. I'm not gonna update everytime these guys pass one another, but since Jd used to have more XP than Zarfot for a while now, this deserved an update. Btw, Aasiwat's (siller) lead has been reduced to 95M xp.

langerkiller.png