200M in all Skills

Makilio

The question with efficiency is if it's possible to gain an average of over 72k agility xp an hour(and possibly 100k), not if someone has or will do it- if it's possible on a small scale, it is possible on a large scale, thus applicable for 200m agility. Agility is a MAJOR grind, and as horn reduces the time actually training agility twofold it's DEFINITELY efficient to use the horn(it most definitely saves time too), whether someone will do it is basically irrelevant, particularly when projecting how many hours 200m in all skills will take. You can question if people have the right mindset to do this, but you can't question the method being faster than conventional agility, and that's the bottom line.

The 200m all skills race isn't really about efficiency- it's not a sprint, rather a marathon, and we have seen time and again efficiency fail for this goal. Does not being efficiency increase the theoretical time for 200m? ofcource not.

I am sorry I wasn't really involved in this discussion but I have to ask this question... If the horn is deemed to be unsuitable as a long term training method for 200m agility, why is it even being discussed in this thread? A thread that I may point out has been primarily focused on tracking the progress of those that are contenders for achieving 200m in all skills.

The reason why this discussion is still going on is that consistently throughout this thread, Thai, Xpx, and others have used perhaps impossible or at the least difficult to maintain xp rates in their calculations for the time it takes in 200m all skills. Many of the methods assume either high amounts of cash, high levels of grinding, or both (like cave crawlers).

However, the problem lies in that many of the top players don't even use some of these methods. For example, no one is training agility long term using barb horn-I'm 200m agil xp, got it before barb horn came out but I'd still never use it because it would interrupt training and my concentration to focus on agility alone. This may or may not apply to people who are aiming for 200m in all skills, but I will say that during my time training agility, virtually everyone who took breaks while training agility failed to achieve 200m in it. Most fell short at 30m or less xp. I could name at least 30 people who failed in that way. The ones who are 200m now are mostly people who grinded the skill out and got large chunks of xp at a time before taking breaks and then grinding some more. There is a psychological component for sure involved in long-term skills like agility, where not training other skills and concentrating on agility alone seems to help.

I find it interesting that some of the efficiency crowd here says that their methods work and top players can implement these methods, and yet many top players have not used many of these methods. For example, in this topic, we've seen Allar say he afk'ed ivy, Paperbag says he can't stand dungeoneering, Zarfot had said before that some of his xp rates might be difficult to maintain long-term, Suomi refuses to merch when learning to do so would help reduce the time necessary, he also last I heard does not have a fire cape or soul wars cape because he can't take the risk involved with getting those, Drumgun has 200m melees with low slay xp and is fishing rocktails right now instead of barb fishing. The funny part about this thread is, despite all of the effort involved in these xp calculators for 200m all skills, the sum total of all these methods does not seem to have applied to current top gainers. It is almost as though you are so caught up in finding the perfect, ideal training methods that you have ignored the human component in 200m all skills, and if people don't choose to do these methods, or get bored/burned out and quit in the process of completing Rs, then all of your "forecasters" on who will be all 200m first will largely miss what will happen. The current "hours to 200m all skills" and other calculators will be inaccurate as a result.

^ what he said, but i still think it's interesting to know the quickest possible time to complete the game.

and i saw my name mentioned up the thread... i will only quit when jagex does or my health forces me too, that's all i'm saying ;)

runescape is a great past time and I really don't know what i'd do with all my free time if it wasn't here <3

She*

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

I am sorry I wasn't really involved in this discussion but I have to ask this question... If the horn is deemed to be unsuitable as a long term training method for 200m agility, why is it even being discussed in this thread? A thread that I may point out has been primarily focused on tracking the progress of those that are contenders for achieving 200m in all skills.

It is deemed unsuitable by some people who do not plan on 200m in all skills, and we haven't seen any of the contenders actively training the skill since horn release, so the jury is still very much out on this subject, thus why it is being discussed. I bet if everyone in the top 15 decided to start training agility now, atleast half would use horn for it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The question with efficiency is if it's possible to gain an average of over 72k agility xp an hour(and possibly 100k), not if someone has or will do it- if it's possible on a small scale, it is possible on a large scale, thus applicable for 200m agility. Agility is a MAJOR grind, and as horn reduces the time actually training agility twofold it's DEFINITELY efficient to use the horn(it most definitely saves time too), whether someone will do it is basically irrelevant, particularly when projecting how many hours 200m in all skills will take. You can question if people have the right mindset to do this, but you can't question the method being faster than conventional agility, and that's the bottom line.

The 200m all skills race isn't really about efficiency- it's not a sprint, rather a marathon, and we have seen time and again efficiency fail for this goal. Does not being efficiency increase the theoretical time for 200m? ofcource not.

1. You need to get 200m Agility in order to get all 200m's.

2. In order to get 200m Agility, you really can't treat it like Farming. You can't get it in small batches over time.

"Efficiently" it'd be better to just keep postponing the goal for better courses and never actually do it. The focus of this thread should be on efficiency methods that are sustainable through nolifing. The first person who will reach all 200m's will be the one that not only can train efficiently, but can nolife well. Also, with such a long goal as Agility is, boredom is a very big factor. I've already explained the details as to why it's unreasonable to expect a player to do 200m Agility with the mindset you guys are giving it.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

It is deemed unsuitable by some people who do not plan on 200m in all skills, and we haven't seen any of the contenders actively training the skill since horn release, so the jury is still very much out on this subject, thus why it is being discussed. I bet if everyone in the top 15 decided to start training agility now, atleast half would use horn for it.

I see, fair enough then.

For the first few days and then half of that amount would then either quit BA, or both Agility and BA. A few weeks later and the only people still doing Agility would be those who don't regularly use BA. You're assuming they would, but I've seen it actually attempted in practice. It doesn't work.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

1. You need to get 200m Agility in order to get all 200m's.

2. In order to get 200m Agility, you really can't treat it like Farming. You can't get it in small batches over time.

It's a hugely negative view in life to say that something that hasn't been done, can't be done.

You are assuming that it would be impossible as much as we are assuming it isn't. Anything is possible(and i assume 200m in all skills is impossible too, because, you know, noone has done it yet).

As said many times, it has been done many times for ~90-99, so there really isn't any plausible reason for it to not work for 200m but for that noone has done it yet(and as it is highly difficult to maintain while your only goal is agility, we'd need to have a contender attempt it to have anything conclusive at all, and thus far, there hasn't been any).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The reason why this discussion is still going on is that consistently throughout this thread, Thai, Xpx, and others have used perhaps impossible or at the least difficult to maintain xp rates in their calculations for the time it takes in 200m all skills. Many of the methods assume either high amounts of cash, high levels of grinding, or both (like cave crawlers).

That is not why this conversation is still going on. It is quite easy to get 72k for many many hours in a row, with that figure the horn needs to be filled in 9 hours. 9 hours is a lot of time so there is no disputing if the horn could be filled fast enough. Furthermore, if less than perfect rates were very common that would make the horn even more useful so I am not using perfect rates to make my point more valid.

The reason that this is still being discussed is because Jebrim thinks that phsycologically it is not possible which others disagree with. It has nothing to do with the impossible to maintain rates that I use. I would actually say that agility is the skill that is easiest skill to train at max pace consistently.

^This.

Although being efficient doesn't nescesarily mean perfectly efficient. Players can get a middleground that is both somewhat efficient and also is a method that they can enjoy and not burn out. Perfect efficiency, however, will most likely cause them to burn out and lose this marathon.

However, the problem lies in that many of the top players don't even use some of these methods. For example, no one is training agility long term using barb horn-I'm 200m agil xp, got it before barb horn came out but I'd still never use it because it would interrupt training and my concentration to focus on agility alone. This may or may not apply to people who are aiming for 200m in all skills, but I will say that during my time training agility, virtually everyone who took breaks while training agility failed to achieve 200m in it. Most fell short at 30m or less xp. I could name at least 30 people who failed in that way. The ones who are 200m now are mostly people who grinded the skill out and got large chunks of xp at a time before taking breaks and then grinding some more. There is a psychological component for sure involved in long-term skills like agility, where not training other skills and concentrating on agility alone seems to help.

I find it interesting that some of the efficiency crowd here says that their methods work and top players can implement these methods, and yet many top players have not used many of these methods. For example, in this topic, we've seen Allar say he afk'ed ivy, Paperbag says he can't stand dungeoneering, Zarfot had said before that some of his xp rates might be difficult to maintain long-term, Suomi refuses to merch when learning to do so would help reduce the time necessary, he also last I heard does not have a fire cape or soul wars cape because he can't take the risk involved with getting those, Drumgun has 200m melees with low slay xp and is fishing rocktails right now instead of barb fishing. The funny part about this thread is, despite all of the effort involved in these xp calculators for 200m all skills, the sum total of all these methods does not seem to have applied to current top gainers. It is almost as though you are so caught up in finding the perfect, ideal training methods that you have ignored the human component in 200m all skills, and if people don't choose to do these methods, or get bored/burned out and quit in the process of completing Rs, then all of your "forecasters" on who will be all 200m first will largely miss what will happen. The current "hours to 200m all skills" and other calculators will be inaccurate as a result.

I don't see why this has to be said so many times, but Thai and many other people have repeated this before that the methods used for calculations to 200m are not the most probable methods used by people who are going for this goal. They are a comparison figure, and the only way we can truly have a "time" comparison is to use the most efficient methods. That's all they simply mean, there is no reason to turn a head to the math as I feel most of the people who say that are the same people who find math useless. As for the top players you are referring to not using the fastest/most efficient methods for most of those there are other top players who are. So we can't just simply use the less efficient method for comparison as than the person who is using the faster method would appear on paper as of "travelling through time" (yes funny concept, but if you took basic highschool sciences you will know what I mean).

No one is trying to be accurate as to who will get to 200m all skills first, as there are far too many factors affecting that to be calculated. So please everyone take these numbers with a "grain of salt." You think by now people would understand the purpose behind them lol

Uber Pro Scaper

Muahahaa

BA horn is discussed in the same way barb fishing alching and other hard to train, complicated and "extreme" methods of training out there. It gives us a rough figure of time based on everyone training the same way.

We all know it will not happen like this, but it gives a us starting point. Jebrim and revanlives have a good point though, in the end, there might be one player in a thousand to maintain this to 200M or even less than that. The only top player who is currently training multiple skills and not focusing on one than moving to another one is Kingduffy. Xpx and Thai have a good point also, it's possible that it will happen as it's been witnessed on a small scale.

Also remember that Thai's calculator will never be accurate and similar to reality, for that to happen, we would need the training methods of each player and also for Jagex to stop updating the game.

I dig the discussion at the moment, theory vs experience first -hand is always interesting to compare. Keep it up guys!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It comes into account when you wish to compare two skills and are comparing methods that you yourself would not end up using. I originally mentioned this in response to Mithril's comment about his valuation of the BA horn and Agility. I truly don't believe that anyone will ever maintain 90k-100k Xp/hr with the current RS game over a long period of time. Feelings and desires play an extremely large role in anybody doing a ton of skilling, and this really is not taken into account. Most of you people who advocate using the horn also seem to believe that people can just suck up their hate for Agility and manage to do the 2k-3k hours required for 200m. It just isn't going to happen.

1. You cannot hate Agility and complete 200m at the same time.

2. You must grow to enjoy Agility if you wish to complete 200m.

3. BA requires a lot more focus and will give a lot more stress than just the Agility portion.

4. People will sacrifice Xp/hr for something they enjoy more.

5. Eventually, over a period of time, when faced with the decision to go to BA or do more Agility, anybody who seriously enjoys Agility will pick Agility.

This really isn't even limited to Agility. Anyone who has done serious skilling will understand that feelings have a massive role in determining whether one will continue to play for a few more hours or decide to log out. Furthermore, feelings also determine whether one quits a goal to begin with. Nobody is going to invest thousands of hours into an optional activity if they don't like it. The smallest amount of Xp per time logged into RS is not really valued as highly as you guys think it is.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

I truly don't believe that anyone will ever maintain 90k-100k Xp/hr with the current RS game over a long period of time.

Wait so now it's 90-100k not over 72k as you previously said? I believe your original argument is that they would quit, not that they wouldn't get 72k+. i.e. they would get over 72k for 10mil xp then quit.

Its like you are just switching sides and pretending that you have been looking at the issue from a different angle from the very start when actually you've just been switching angles when your argument runs dry lol.

I truly don't believe that anyone will ever maintain 90k-100k Xp/hr with the current RS game over a long period of time.

Wait so now it's 90-100k not over 72k as you previously said? I believe your original argument is that they would quit, not that they wouldn't get 72k+. i.e. they would get over 72k for 10mil xp then quit.

Its like you are just switching sides and pretending that you have been looking at the issue from a different angle from the very start when actually you've just been switching angles when your argument runs dry lol.

I simply used the rate you guys have been claiming lawl. This isn't even about just me. Other top Agility people have tried it and they all preferred pure Agility. I honestly don't foresee anyone being able to do it as you guys are claiming it can be done.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

It comes into account when you wish to compare two skills and are comparing methods that you yourself would not end up using. I originally mentioned this in response to Mithril's comment about his valuation of the BA horn and Agility. I truly don't believe that anyone will ever maintain 90k-100k Xp/hr with the current RS game over a long period of time. Feelings and desires play an extremely large role in anybody doing a ton of skilling, and this really is not taken into account. Most of you people who advocate using the horn also seem to believe that people can just suck up their hate for Agility and manage to do the 2k-3k hours required for 200m. It just isn't going to happen.

3. BA requires a lot more focus and will give a lot more stress than just the Agility portion.

5. Eventually, over a period of time, when faced with the decision to go to BA or do more Agility, anybody who seriously enjoys Agility will pick Agility.

This really isn't even limited to Agility. Anyone who has done serious skilling will understand that feelings have a massive role in determining whether one will continue to play for a few more hours or decide to log out. Furthermore, feelings also determine whether one quits a goal to begin with. Nobody is going to invest thousands of hours into an optional activity if they don't like it. The smallest amount of Xp per time logged into RS is not really valued as highly as you guys think it is.

What if they enjoy both Agility and BA?

10xy5fk.png

What if they enjoy both Agility and BA?

Same thing applies. They'd still be limited to a specific schedule and would eventually have to choose between the two.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Tbh, get 200m Xp in a slow non-afkable skill before you start talking about [cabbage] you don't understand.

L2 maths and L2 think about what you're saying before you start saying train only agility then saying you can train any skill alongside later saying get a 40m month (i.e. only train agility and ba for a month) then saying it hasn't been done=impossible then saying its about people quitting then saying its about getting over 72k then saying its about not taking breaks then saying L2<3agility then saying your clan=all possible mindsets then saying you want to see it done for 40m then saying it cant be like farming then saying its about 90-100k then saying tbh.

I simply used the rate you guys have been claiming lawl.

idk how you can even believe yourself there. You randomly switch between rates for no reason other than to raise the same objection at a different rate.

Your "formal challenge" of a 40m month is stupid. You have already said that the same thing applies to someone who can switch skills and not agility/ba. A 40m month would require constant agility and ba which has many times before been said to be impractical which is why skill switching is nescesary

The challenge should be 40mil in under 555 hours of agil/barb where more time can be spent doing anything else they want to.

Tbh its probably because I missed a comma and my grammar is wrong that you can't understand any part of what I'm saying. Oh look at that, I forgot to put commas before every "then saying", there's really no point in you replying to this because you can't understand it.

Tbh, get 200m Xp in a slow non-afkable skill before you start talking about [cabbage] you don't understand.

L2 maths and L2 think about what you're saying before you start saying train only agility then saying you can train any skill alongside later saying get a 40m month (i.e. only train agility and ba for a month) then saying it hasn't been done=impossible then saying its about people quitting then saying its about getting over 72k then saying its about not taking breaks then saying L2<3agility then saying your clan=all possible mindsets then saying you want to see it done for 40m then saying it cant be like farming then saying its about 90-100k then saying tbh.

I simply used the rate you guys have been claiming lawl.

idk how you can even believe yourself there. You randomly switch between rates for no reason other than to raise the same objection at a different rate.

Tbh its probably because I missed a comma and my grammar is wrong that you can't understand any part of what I'm saying. Oh look at that, I forgot to put commas before every "then saying", there's really no point in you replying to this because you can't understand it.

About half that [cabbage] I did not claim. You seriously need to read deeper into what I say because you're obviously misinterpreting some of it.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

This topic seems to escalate into some of the most bizarre and convoluted arguments and conflicts I have ever seen.

The vicissitudes just can't be predicted. It is pretty captivating actually.

the-graduate-bus.png

I have every single 200m buyable banked now. Except for Agility which I can buy from the barbarian assualt tutor for 6.9b gf

you have 200m herb in overloads also? why you could get 400m xp this month and top page for both if you try

i still want a big shiny trophy since without my generous donation you would be 199,370,000 prayer xp

a_final_name.png

Jebrim.

You keep saying how "you can't foresee anybody doing this", or how "nobody has ever done this before".

I'm pretty sure most of us don't disagree. This is theory, just like how infinite money or cannoning cave crawlers for effigies is theory. None of these things are realistic, but technically, they're possible.

For these time calculations, whether or not someone has done this is irrelevant. Whether or not someone will do this is irrelevant. It's whether or not it's physically possible that matters.