200M in all Skills

Makilio

I don't think any of the examples posted so far are a fair comparison. I've spent ages thinking about it, and the closest couple I can think of is if Jagex suddenly decided that resetting monster agro was worthy of a ban.

We KNOW that Jagex want monsters to become unaggressive if we stay somewhere too long the same way that we KNOW that Jagex wants to have an appropriate number of monsters in a dungeon.

We also know a method of getting round monster agro, the same way that we know a way of getting around the monster limit.

I really don't think it's fair to not give out warnings for this before bans as it was such a commonly accepted technique. I never did it (as demonstracted by my fail dung level) but I will openly say that I would have if I had the chance. No-one ranted about how it was unfair the same way that they did over other ban worthy offensives (drop potential and bonus penguin points are too of the more recent occasions that spring to mind).

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Back on topic please?

Indeed, I'll bump up my post that got ignored in the dungeon glitch flood.

Watch out for S U O M I, he's picked up a very fast pace in the last few days and could max out mining as soon as early next week.

Being a slayer fan myself, it's also nice to see some top players training that skill aswell ( Balmung Pro, Zarfot, Jdelacroix, Drumgun, Lan and Kingduffy) with Balmung Pro closing in on 100M xp slayer. The collateral XP gains in effigy skills are also fun to watch, this will give slayers a headstart on difficult or slower skills (RC, Agility, fishing)

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yeahhh, got 99 farming earlier today incase anyone is interested. :)

Top players training slayer now is only natural Langer. As I said before, it is now the easiest way for them to gain good exp due to effigies. I'm only slaying because it combined well with farming btw, unlike the static frost drag trips (takes quite abit to prepare and get there). Though, I might slay some more to round it off at a nice exp number. :mrgreen:

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Back on topic please?

Watch out for S U O M I, he's picked up a very fast pace in the last few days and could max out mining as soon as early next week.

Being a slayer fan myself, it's also nice to see some top players training that skill aswell ( Balmung Pro, Zarfot, Jdelacroix, Drumgun, Lan and Kingduffy) with Balmung Pro closing in on 100M xp slayer. The collateral XP gains in effigy skills are also fun to watch, this will give slayers a headstart on difficult or slower skills (RC, Agility, fishing)

Like slayer eh?

you REALLY missed someone on that list: Tezz

100mil slayer, 2 200mil cmb stats, "only" 1.4bil total exp, but training cooking like a mad man and is soon to be 1.5b

I think Tezz is gonna stay at the top for a loong time.

Boeg.png

@ Drumgun - Congrats mate! Was there ever a reason you didn't train farming for that long? Btw, what skill are you putting your XP lamps these days?

@ Boeg - I'm aware of Tezz, but since he's outisde my tracking (top 15 and he's about rank 20 at the moment) I don't check what he's training on a weekly basis. I had noticed though that he was powertraining cooking lately. I have no doubt he'as gonna gain some XP ranks in the near future. In fact, outside of the top 12, only S U O M I seems to be unreachable focusing only on short term. Like I said to Deyan a couple days ago, I let other posters shed light to players outside the top 15. Thank you for your contribution!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Back on topic please?

Like slayer eh?

100mil slayer, 2 200mil cmb stats, "only" 1.4bil total exp, but training cooking like a mad man and is soon to be 1.5b

Not mad, that's how a decent player normally gains their exp (cooking in this case). But granted, he does have alot of easy skills open. So, if he wants fame and fortune (cough) he could/will probably go for those, but will end up as yet another exp prod which are overcrowding the top ranks as it is already.

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

@ Drumgun - Congrats mate! Was there ever a reason you didn't train farming for that long? Btw, what skill are you putting your XP lamps these days?

Thanks! Sorry for double post, but it appears we posted at the exact same time haha. I prefer to keep my public chat on so that I won't be ignoring people that are talking to me. However, that gets a bit hard if you're a top page player (the better ranked the worse) because you get piled hard by noobish noobs who don't look further than the first page overall exp asking/spamming you with all kinds of dumb questions that they could easily find the answer to elsewhere. And I got a bit sick of people asking me why my farm level is only 69, so I figured I'd get it to 99 because there's dung now to prevent me from being first page overall. And since that's in its beginning stages, people won't ask me the same question seeing as it's only natural that dung isn't maxed yet because it's the new skill and all. Besides that, 69 is a nice number ;) <3:

Lamps go on prayer/slayer.

yIUqy.jpg

How long do you think it will be before Phoenix Odin gets 200mil rc xp?

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

How long do you think it will be before Phoenix Odin gets 200mil rc xp?

I'd say it depends if he goes for 200M dungeon or stop at 104M... if he goes for 200M dungeon, then it would take him another 5-6 months at this pace with collateral RC xp gains. He will probably get it sooner if someone gets too close for confort though.

@ Drumgun, I'd figured as much, it was indeed a nice number to let it sit on for all those months.

langerkiller.png

3 days?? Should be 3 months.... thanks for caring about $$$ over legitimate players.

They better hurry up and turn every door into a guardian door. :idea:

K so Jagex should drop 1bil in some random person's invent and ban them for bug abuse according to your logic.

Your analogy is spot on, I can see that spamming the minimap to score double xp is very random... :rolleyes:

justamistake.png

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If you are able to survive without having a job, I don't see what the difference is with nolifing RuneScape for 10+ years and working with school/job for that time in terms of having a life. Atleast the former is on your own schedule and with your own will.

To Drumgun, Jebrim, S U O M I, etc.

I tend to sympathize with thoughts like these. There are many expectations that society places on us; most of us are indoctrinated from birth (like many religions) to develop a biased palette of expectations. We expect people to get an education, get a job (maybe even one that we like), make money, spend money, and traverse through our existence that way. It keeps the economy rolling. So when someone comes along and says, "Hey, I can survive without a job. I can consume less (or whatever) and live in a sustainable way so I won't need a job and can consequently use that time to do things that I actually want to do," it kind of makes sense why it's frowned upon, not even mentioning that what they want to do is changing a bunch of 1's and 0's on a computer server.

In my opinion, if you can do what you want to do without having a job or being a leech to society/other people, then great. That's admirable in my book. And as far as changing a bunch of 1's and 0's on a computer server, isn't that all we are doing in real life anyways? It seems bleak, but the facts are that in a few hundred years almost all of our lives won't really matter anyways, and in the span of thousands, millions, or perhaps even billions of years, I would wager that what we do with our lives is of any importance, unless you of course believe in a fairy tale where we will all be with "our creator" worshiping him for eternity and somehow be happy, but what we do in this life determines our afterlife with that or cooking marshmallows (hmg marshmallows!) deep in the earth's crust for eternity (which helps explain why so many people can believe in fairy tales like that). I digress...

Anyways, props to you guys in a way for trying an alternative lifestyle that few are brave enough to do/risk. Although 10+ years of planned things does seem a bit too ambitious and being really open and looking for acceptence and support is a bit too much, for my taste anyways (not that all of you are though).

Also, this kind of addresses feelings I had during earlier posts, but I tend to admire and strive to be someone who averages 6 hours a day, but plays so efficiently (efficient skill order, money making techniques, good multiskilling) that they get 10+ hours/day (quasi-arbitrary number) worth of experience rather than someone who plays 19.5 hours a day but get 14 hours/day worth of experience, or whatever. Sure it's amazing that you can sit in front and move pixils around for 19.5 hours a day, but that certainly fails to me my criterium of a top player when you waste so much XP by not training skills efficiently and in poor orders. Sure that's the way you've elected to play, but it's not efficient and not the smartest competitive gameplay option. "Hai my naym is jojoe and I'm going to get 200m slay by skipping all tasks but rats and training with a bronze dagger. I'm going to train for 24.001 hours a day to prove I'm the best."

Now argue damnit.

But you ARE leeching off society if you exploit welfare payments and play RS for 10 hours a day.

Good for them, for being smart enough to find a way to do what they want.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

But you ARE leeching off society if you exploit welfare payments and play RS for 10 hours a day.

Good for them, for being smart enough to find a way to do what they want.

Yea, but he said in his post that they werent leeching off society, when its obvious that they are.

O.O

If you are able to survive without having a job, I don't see what the difference is with nolifing RuneScape for 10+ years and working with school/job for that time in terms of having a life. Atleast the former is on your own schedule and with your own will.

To Drumgun, Jebrim, S U O M I, etc.

I tend to sympathize with thoughts like these. There are many expectations that society places on us; most of us are indoctrinated from birth (like many religions) to develop a biased palette of expectations. We expect people to get an education, get a job (maybe even one that we like), make money, spend money, and traverse through our existence that way. It keeps the economy rolling. So when someone comes along and says, "Hey, I can survive without a job. I can consume less (or whatever) and live in a sustainable way so I won't need a job and can consequently use that time to do things that I actually want to do," it kind of makes sense why it's frowned upon, not even mentioning that what they want to do is changing a bunch of 1's and 0's on a computer server.

In my opinion, if you can do what you want to do without having a job or being a leech to society/other people, then great. That's admirable in my book. And as far as changing a bunch of 1's and 0's on a computer server, isn't that all we are doing in real life anyways? It seems bleak, but the facts are that in a few hundred years almost all of our lives won't really matter anyways, and in the span of thousands, millions, or perhaps even billions of years, I would wager that what we do with our lives is of any importance, unless you of course believe in a fairy tale where we will all be with "our creator" worshiping him for eternity and somehow be happy, but what we do in this life determines our afterlife with that or cooking marshmallows (hmg marshmallows!) deep in the earth's crust for eternity (which helps explain why so many people can believe in fairy tales like that). I digress...

Anyways, props to you guys in a way for trying an alternative lifestyle that few are brave enough to do/risk. Although 10+ years of planned things does seem a bit too ambitious and being really open and looking for acceptence and support is a bit too much, for my taste anyways (not that all of you are though).

Also, this kind of addresses feelings I had during earlier posts, but I tend to admire and strive to be someone who averages 6 hours a day, but plays so efficiently (efficient skill order, money making techniques, good multiskilling) that they get 10+ hours/day (quasi-arbitrary number) worth of experience rather than someone who plays 19.5 hours a day but get 14 hours/day worth of experience, or whatever. Sure it's amazing that you can sit in front and move pixils around for 19.5 hours a day, but that certainly fails to me my criterium of a top player when you waste so much XP by not training skills efficiently and in poor orders. Sure that's the way you've elected to play, but it's not efficient and not the smartest competitive gameplay option. "Hai my naym is jojoe and I'm going to get 200m slay by skipping all tasks but rats and training with a bronze dagger. I'm going to train for 24.001 hours a day to prove I'm the best."

Now argue damnit.

couldn't say that better if I tried

oh ya hi jojo ^_^

aribiterspar3.png

Back on topic please?

Like slayer eh?

Not mad, that's how a decent player normally gains their exp (cooking in this case). But granted, he does have alot of easy skills open. So, if he wants fame and fortune (cough) he could/will probably go for those, but will end up as yet another exp prod which are overcrowding the top ranks as it is already.

In my book, 100mil slayer exp isn't beeing an "exp prod". on the other hand, you HAVE to be one, if you wanna be on the top page.

the only real obstacle i see for Tezz, is: That he might not be your everyday skiller. alot of his non-combat skills are just above level 99.

this might be because he cant be bothered (which means hes out of the race already), because he doesnt have a bank like you had, Drumgun, or because he didnt have a real reason to train these skills past 99, untill now.

can anyone tell me why i cant look "S_U_O_M_I" up on the hiscores?

Boeg.png

You know what's worst (about that dungeoneering ban):

Same thing happened for me, also a fault on jagex' side (they admitted AFTER the ban expired).

but instead of speaking up for me, like you top-player worshippers do for top players

I was being told: "go crying in a corner we don't care"..

why should jagex suddenly give top players support, yet ignore the majority of their player base?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

If they are leeching off society its one thing, however if they won the lotto and can financially support their habit who are you to judge them? Or even if they live with their parents who are you to call them a leech? If they can support themselves or live with someone who can then i see no problem with playing 10 hours a day.

10 hours a day really isn't a huge amount. Even if you work 9-5, add 1/day for travelling and 1 for food shops, 46 hours offline a week. If you then play up until midnight and 18 hours on weekends (ignoring the possibility of playing a little before heading out), it's a total of 67.5 hours/week. Sure, it's not social but it's not leeching either.

If they are leeching off society its one thing, however if they won the lotto and can financially support their habit who are you to judge them? Or even if they live with their parents who are you to call them a leech? If they can support themselves or live with someone who can then i see no problem with playing 10 hours a day.

I'm not judging them, im just saying they ARE leeching off society IF they exploit welfare payments, nowhere did i say they were winning the lotto or living with their parents.

Basically, read the post before, in particular this quote.

In my opinion, if you can do what you want to do without having a job or being a leech to society/other people, then great.

O.O

18... hours... on weekends..

Is that even physically possible to keep up :S

certainly not healthy but im sure its possible

I guess if you had one of those standing workstations and/or a really good ergonomic chair...

Plus one of those thingys where you control the mouse with your eyes o.O

O.O

I've been checking Zarfot's progress lately and if he keeps up with slayer, he could eventually become the player with the most skills over 100M xp. He has currently 6 skills over 100M and could get all 3 melees, HP, Ranged and slayer, as well as Effigy skills such as WC, FM and even RC. Obviously, we are talking long term here, but he could get as much as 15 skills once he gets his slayer to 100M xp, something I wouldn't be surprised to see.

langerkiller.png