200M in all Skills

Makilio

Nice contradiction in there. The people who play efficiently aren't doing anything useful/productive at the same time (besides playing rs, I mean). Only a biased mind could state that, because 14h still owns 10h. And if you're really okay with/admire people able to survive using alternative methods while playing 10h+ a day bla bla bla, then it shouldn't matter to you either in which manner a person achieves their things. But ok, I'll play along...

http://runetracker.org/records

Please tell me where your oh so efficient players feature on there. Not at the #1 spot, I can tell ya that much lol (Suomi = exception). Anyone could get lucky with Runescape (returning to rs after 5 years with 100 phats from back then in your bank for example), and easily get #1 - doing all of the easiest and buyable skills, merching with the money that got handed to them while not spending that much time on the game, obviously. Anyone could play efficiently for awhile per day too. What defines a true #1 is the manner in which they achieve things (consistency and as many hours a day possible, with very little resources compared to the competitors). Maybe you should try 18h for a month straight for starters and see how commonly and low-level it apperentaly is according to you. Trust me, you'll be running back to your much easier 6h efficient playtime a day in no time.

Lastly, it's not up to you to determine people's goals. My goal was to get #1 summon and get god-tier exp records, not to go for all 200m skills. Training the way I did was the only way to achieve it, because I came from way behind, had to start from scratch, and haven't had a single favour that aided me towards this goal. The way I achieved THIS was done in the most efficient way, so your last line about the bronze dagger thing doesn't make any sense whatsoever either.

Anyway, just quoting you for a sec. ''We expect people to get an education, get a job (maybe even one that we like), make money, spend money, and traverse through our existence that way. It keeps the economy rolling.'' You're just one of those 'We's', because you use the #1 overall and first to all skills 200m as your base for being the best like most people do, while that is not the only path to choose from to become the best. Thank you for your post.

Alright, let's make sense of this. "The people who play efficiently aren't doing anything useful/productive at the same time (besides playing rs, I mean)" Do you just assume playing efficiently means staring at the screen fletching bolts or something whilst training every skill in the RS? I'm not denying the mathematical statement that 14 is greater than 10. I even mentioned twice that it was a bias ("I tend to admire" "my criterion"). So I don't really know what the argument is there.

You also must have missed the line in my post that said, "Sure that's the way you've elected to play, but it's not efficient and not the smartest competitive gameplay option." Maybe it was the most efficient way for a rank, but not for overall XP (which I take is another goal of yours). So you sacrified overall XP for the rank. Fine. But in the long run, you sacrified a lot of time for a rank. That's all I mean by that. Sure, it was justified, but in the end that time is lost and it's just that much more time you'll have to spend to make it up.

You're right. Efficient players don't set records in many skills. This is because they don't waste the time storing up XP.

I know a handful of top ranked efficient players and none of them "got lucky on phats" or even a variant. In fact a few I know even lost a bit trying to invest in them!

Overall, you're establishing your own list of qualities a #1 player has, so of course you're at the very top. I do this too. But what does this mean? Well, at the end of the day, only the people that have the same or similar list as you think you're #1.

Plus ZMi being a bit over 2* faster, not worth doing nats especially at the prices they are now. RC can essentially be written off from any real profit.

Slayer is more break even than profit when you do it quickly - cannoning what you can, titan+scrolls, overloads and such equipment whilst skipping slow high/mid dropping tasks like abyssals, non-ice strykewyrms, aquas and smage.

Although, Telmomarques isn't mentioned very often, I think he may have time on his side for maxing out a bunch of 200m skills, and should have the money to max out 200m. If you look at Runetracker he is in the #1 position for most of his skills at 200m (Monthly). Also earlier in this thread, people were talking about how Gertjaars and Telmomarques were the poster boys for smokin mils. So if it is indeed true that he is a leader in the manipulation clans, then you know he has money.

He also has 120 Dungeoneering, so he doesn't have the pressure of those trying to have the max total level.

My main point is that although he has done the easy 4 Firemaking, Thieving, Cooking, and Fletching, at the rate he was gaining xp in them he must be playing around 15+ hrs/day.

In my opinion S U O M I is the closest player to max all 200m skills atm. 200m Agility, Mining (Basically), Fishing.

Zarfot has a well rounded account with 50m+ Slayer, 40m+ Mining, Agility, Runecrafting, and 75m Farming.

Lan and Balmung Pro, have 100m+ Slayer going for them.

Lan also has 30m+ every skill, 83m farming, and 100m Woodcutting.

Balmung Pro still has much of the 4 slower skills at only 20m-30m Xp (Mining, Agility, Runecrafting, Fishing)

Drumgun, has time on his side, but has neglected Slayer. I would say he has also neglected farming, but if he keeps on doing daily farm runs, he should max Farming, b4 Maxing all other 200m.

To determine who most likely has the best chance to succeed I think we would have to pay attention to the following skills.

(Agility, Mining, Fishing) I'd count this as a trio of skills, that are rather slow and are usually only give XP in one skill.

(Runecrafting) Should be trained by Effigies

(Slayer) Slayer should correspond with all the melee skills, summoning, and perhaps Runecrafting.

(Farming) Should be done while doing every other skill.

(Woodcutting) Woodcutting although seems easy, it's only because its afkable, and really is only Medium paced compared to many other skills.

The rest of the skills give rather fast XP Rates.

Thieving, Hunter, Dungeoneering aren't buyable but should offer 200k+/hr

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

In terms of experience, Zarfot, Lan, and Suomi have the most impressive accounts, IMO. Zarfot is very well-rounded, Suomi has some of the slowest and most tedious skills maxed or near maxed, and Lan is well-rounded with very impressive slayer exp (and I'm a sucker for slayer).

Though I know some of the top players who read this probably won't like to hear it, this almost feels like keeping track of rankings in a sport. It's cool to see what the various players spend their time doing, and it's fun to discuss it.

EDIT: @Drumgun - Hey, they can't all have 7k CW games played. ;) That's very impressive.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Overall, you're establishing your own list of qualities a #1 player has, so of course you're at the very top. I do this too. But what does this mean? Well, at the end of the day, only the people that have the same or similar list as you think you're #1.

My list is based on facts, not on ego or personal preferences. Examples: It's a fact that long consistent days fetch more results than short efficient days. It's also a fact that everyone can do short efficient days but far less people can do long consistent days. But you're right, some people might see it differently, however, the fact based view is the correct one.

And point understood in the general meaning, but that last part did look personal due to the details, that's why I commented (yeah, everyone uses the number 19.5 hours to make a general statement...>.>....).

Edit: Not entirely well-rounded Obt, look at their minigame ranks. Those are part of the hiscores too now ;)

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

In terms of experience, Zarfot, Lan, and Suomi have the most impressive accounts, IMO. Zarfot is very well-rounded, Suomi has some of the slowest and most tedious skills maxed or near maxed, and Lan is well-rounded with very impressive slayer exp (and I'm a sucker for slayer).

Though I know some of the top players who read this probably won't like to hear it, this almost feels like keeping track of rankings in a sport. It's cool to see what the various players spend their time doing, and it's fun to discuss it.

Can we get paid then? :)

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

by the way I've heard zarfot say in one of his guides how effigies are overpowered but I don't think so at all. It's not overpowered for the vast majority of players because they're not going to get all 97+ skills before doing slayer (yeah you can boost some of the stats easily but still). It's only overpowered if you're going for top overall xp (which is less than .0000000000000001% of players) but in that case pretty much everyone can use effigies on all the skills so it just makes things faster for EVERYONE in that group and not just 1 particular person (with the exception of those who are maxed on both effigy skills)

Has Suomi specifically mentioned why he won't merchant? For moral reasons or because he's had bad experiances with it in the past?

Because when the dragon pick came out I happened to be in a clan chat with Suomi, jebrim and telmomarques in with hardly anyone else in, and they were talking about merchanting the d pick, Suomi wasn't talking as if he was against merchanting it for moral reasons, he seemed very interested, but just too scared about lose his money.

Good thread :)

Has Suomi specifically mentioned why he won't merchant? For moral reasons or because he's had bad experiances with it in the past?

Because when the dragon pick came out I happened to be in a clan chat with Suomi, jebrim and telmomarques in with hardly anyone else in, and they were talking about merchanting the d pick, Suomi wasn't talking as if he was against merchanting it for moral reasons, he seemed very interested, but just too scared about lose his money.

Good thread :)

When was this and what cc? Mine?

Anyways, Suomi's reasons are more of the risk factor. Donations take very little in terms of time and have no risk factor.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

by the way I've heard zarfot say in one of his guides how effigies are overpowered but I don't think so at all. It's not overpowered for the vast majority of players because they're not going to get all 97+ skills before doing slayer (yeah you can boost some of the stats easily but still). It's only overpowered if you're going for top overall xp (which is less than .0000000000000001% of players) but in that case pretty much everyone can use effigies on all the skills so it just makes things faster for EVERYONE in that group and not just 1 particular person (with the exception of those who are maxed on both effigy skills)

Yeah I don't understand why players don't save effigies and go for some stats in the 90s. Level 92 will let you investigate all effigies and it's not even halfway to 99. And with 2 options in each pair, getting 92 isn't very hard at all. Asking for effigy assists is very time consuming as well I'd imagine.

2496 Completionist

Effigies are INCREDIBLY overpowered. On the road to 200m slayer, it saves 1600+ hours on runecrafting ALONE. Tell me that's not overpowered. I did some math the other day about how much time an effigy saves, and I came up with about 100-110 minutes saved per effigy, assuming that all pairs are received at an equal rate. In fact, effigy experience is so good that Slaying beyond 200m for effigies is almost as fast as manually training those other skills.

ZMFg2.jpg

Effigies are INCREDIBLY overpowered. On the road to 200m slayer, it saves 1600+ hours on runecrafting ALONE. Tell me that's not overpowered. I did some math the other day about how much time an effigy saves, and I came up with about 100-110 minutes saved per effigy, assuming that all pairs are received at an equal rate. In fact, effigy experience is so good that Slaying beyond 200m for effigies is almost as fast as manually training those other skills.

I think Zarfot covered this in his Mega Slayer Guide 5. It is rather incredible. Not only does slaying give good effigies, but doing TDs for effigies, and using the dragonkin lamps on slayer is actually a viable way to train slayer. Not as fast experience, but far far far more money earned.

pere_grin.png

and how many people out of a million go for 200m slayer? Like I said its overpowered for the select few but for the majority it's not.

Personally I'm waiting for the day that my friend, Mrs Jjb Cyn, will get 200m Slayer exp. When she eventually gets it, she will be the first woman, and maxed player to have 200mil slay.

[hide]InB4 Mythiquedame and Girlwhoslays reply.[/hide]

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

My list is based on facts, not on ego or personal preferences. Examples: It's a fact that long consistent days fetch more results than short efficient days. It's also a fact that everyone can do short efficient days but far less people can do long consistent days. But you're right, some people might see it differently, however, the fact based view is the correct one.

And point understood in the general meaning, but that last part did look personal due to the details, that's why I commented (yeah, everyone uses the number 19.5 hours to make a general statement...>.>....).

Edit: Not entirely well-rounded Obt, look at their minigame ranks. Those are part of the hiscores too now ;)

I have to admit, I'm intentionally picking on you =/ But I'm curious.

I don't think it's a matter of facts but values. That is choosing which facts are more important. In your example you neglect many other factors that make someone really good at the game, for example, total playing time to total XP ratio, real life facts as in simultaneously getting a college degree, working a job, etc. etc. Those facts you seem to neglect. Part of RS for me and many players is the aspect of balancing time away from the computer to time on the computer. You do this to some degree, but it seems like you largely ignore it when figuring out what it means to be the best or #1. You only take into account 1 number, the overall XP number, and neglect all of these other numbers and factors that still are facts.

And furthermore, does 120 mean someone has "mastered" something? Of course not. You could be the best dunger at level 80 or whatever. 120 means people just spent a lot of time on it. But of course being good significantly consumes less time achieving 120, but just because someone gets 120 does not imply they've "mastered" it. Of course practice makes perfect but does not imply perfection.

Seems hard to claim someone is best dungeoneer when they aren't even eligable for all the content.

Dungeoneering is more complex than fishing, but that doesn't necessarily make it harder.

Agility and RC are harder skills even though they simple, because of the monotony and need for near constant attention in combination with slow xp rates.

To jojoe: Definitely true specifically someone like current rank 4 Rc still gets 35k /xph at zmi some people just get high levels and ranks becaus eof either lack of competition or training it for really long time. My personal favorite quote is any idiot can train a skill and get lots of xp but doing it right is what makes you good at it

Actually, what makes you good at it is that your ego makes your think your good at at. :wink:

There is no right way to do anything in RS, having lots of xp, levels, and ranks is proof enough that your "good" at RS.

Defiantely not true. Any idiot can train a skill for a long time and get a good rank if theres no competition really at the time. That doesnt maek you good at the skill that makes you lucky.

aribiterspar3.png

Personally I'm waiting for the day that my friend, Mrs Jjb Cyn, will get 200m Slayer exp. When she eventually gets it, she will be the first woman, and maxed player to have 200mil slay.[hide]InB4 Mythiquedame and Girlwhoslays reply.[/hide]

First she would have to overview her methods and start being sensible about it, rather than going around yelling at other slayers not to use a cannon because she doesn't like it and it "disrupts other people". Otherwise anyone could start a brand new account right now and still beat her to 200m, if she kept doing what she has been doing so far.

Before you say; no there isn't anything "impressive" about getting 200m slayer without cannoning either, it's just plain stupidity to waste hundreds of millions experience by having to go past 200m in HP/melees, while getting no ranged xp. Or worse case, start exclusively ranging it in the end and be even slower.

I have to admit, I'm intentionally picking on you =/ But I'm curious.

I don't think it's a matter of facts but values. That is choosing which facts are more important. In your example you neglect many other factors that make someone really good at the game, for example, total playing time to total XP ratio, real life facts as in simultaneously getting a college degree, working a job, etc. etc. Those facts you seem to neglect. Part of RS for me and many players is the aspect of balancing time away from the computer to time on the computer. You do this to some degree, but it seems like you largely ignore it when figuring out what it means to be the best or #1. You only take into account 1 number, the overall XP number, and neglect all of these other numbers and factors that still are facts.

Lol, no? Real life facts - I have to deal with those things all the same, and if you're talking about that then how about I bring my illness into the mix for example (my choices are far more limited than any other top player). The more facts I'll add in the more impressive my achievements will get while the achievement of others rises aswell of course, but it balances out at the very least. You're the one trying to draw full pictures now without knowing all of it. You cannot take everything into account, otherwise everyone would be pointing out every little thing. Some things should just be left out of the equation - only the most related facts are used.

Edit: Indeed Aasi, besides that she hasn't gained exp past 100m for quite awhile so Seer, you're probably gonna have to wait a whole lot more haha :)

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

im quite sure suomi merchants behind your backs and laughs about donations. there is no moral issue in it and if he doesnt do it, he is simply lacking in the english language to read and understand well -written merch guides, or he simply doesnt know how to merch yet [how old is he !? ideas??] and sooner or later when he maxed the hard skills like slayer and has only buyables left he is mature enough to start uber merching and will destroy the whole record ground for buyables

Just a reminder, this thread is on the discussion of the achievement of 200M experience in all skills. This is not the place to negatively discuss higher ranked players. Any other pictures posted for the sole purpose of demeaning a player will be removed.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

im quite sure suomi merchants behind your backs and laughs about donations. there is no moral issue in it and if he doesnt do it, he is simply lacking in the english language to read and understand well -written merch guides, or he simply doesnt know how to merch yet [how old is he !? ideas??] and sooner or later when he maxed the hard skills like slayer and has only buyables left he is mature enough to start uber merching and will destroy the whole record ground for buyables

About 2 years ago he said that he won't merch because it's riskable and waste of xp. That clearly means he doesn't have an idea how flipping works. I doubt that he have even tried merchanting properly. And he is about 20 years old.

Without merching he will have problems with a few buyables. There's 18 skills he can max without much money, and couple of cheap ones if he doesn't use the most expensive methods (fm, fletch). And with money from slayer and rc, maybe hunt if he decides to hunt grenwalls because he already has 200m agi, he can buy maybe 1 or 2 expensive skills (I'm not sure how much money slayer and ZMI grants). After those he'd possibly have over 4B xp + effigies from slayer, and no money at all. Not a good situation if you're going for 200m everything. The lack of merching will slow him down very much, which makes it possible for a player like Zarfot to pass him. We'll see in a few years...

A_Kekek.png

Suomi could very well do frost dragons/tormented demons to max rc with effigies, as it'd be faster and way more profitable than actual runecrafting (besides ZMI). The ranged/melee xp gains might be wasted when getting 200m slayer (though tds are slow xp), so it might be best to max slayer first to see what's left. Tormented demons' blue charm drops might save a bit of barraging, too, if 200m slayer doesn't give enough for 200m summoning.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted