200M in all Skills

Makilio

Phoenix Odin apparently got a temp ban for the recent dungoneering glitch. It might be extended to a perm ban, depending on Jagex. I know he is only close to 200m in one skill but I figured people in this thread might care.

He actually abused that glitch?

I don't know the full story, this is just what I've read. He hasn't logged on since the ban and is listed as no longer being a member which both point to him having been temp banned. Whether he abused or not is still up to question.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I doubt they'll throw him a perm, if that's the case.

Why wouldn't they perm ban him?

If he abused a glitch then it's only justice for him to get banned.

I know he's very close to 200m rc xp but that shouldn't be a reason for treating someone different.

OT: Eventually someone will get it. It's going to take some time though because of new skills and who knows what more.

If there won't be a new skill in the next 5 years, I believe someone could get it in the next 5 years because of increasing methods of training.

Only thing I hope is that I will be there when some DOES get it.

Time will tell.

Epicapple.png

Epicapple.png

I know he's very close to 200m rc xp but that shouldn't be a reason for treating someone different.

First off, glitch abuse is not always a perm ban.

Secondly, whether it's fair or not, top level players are treated much more leniently than the majority. In the event that he did abuse a glitch, I wouldn't be surprised if he just gets a temp ban.

Edit: quite a few top dungers appear to have been temp banned

First off, glitch abuse is not always a perm ban.

Secondly, whether it's fair or not, top level players are treated much more leniently than the majority. In the event that he did abuse a glitch, I wouldn't be surprised if he just gets a temp ban.

Edit: quite a few top dungers appear to have been temp banned

Yeah my friend who is 102 Dung got banned for bug abuse but i dont know what the bug is he said he didnt do anything and around 200+ people have been temp banned for 3 days.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

A few things i heard which might be the glitches

- Overloading just before the dung starts and the glitch would allow the effect of Ovls carry on whole dungeon.

- Logging out and back in just before the end so the amount of times you died yourself gets resetted and you don't get a penalty for that.

Again many of the banned people including Phoenix Odin, Toonami (2nd to 99 Dung) and few more top Dungers didn't even know the reason why they were banned. So i think theres something gone wrong at the how many rooms there are at large dungeons, one of my friends tipped me at MSN saying he's mate could do a large dungeon in bit under 20 mins and was saying there were less rooms than usually. I dont know if thats true but if its, its Jagex's fault, why ban the players if they bug abuse without knowing it l0l.

You just gotta remember when Fred and No Excuse got temp banned for that RS Highscore number glitch which made them get 120 dung at 68m xp, and they were unbanned. So my guess is, this isn't pretty big thing, Odin and the others will probably get unbanned within 2-14 days unless they really abused it with Ovls/logging out.

I heard its the monster limit of 255 monsters per dungeon, only traps also count as monsters so each person would create a bunch of traps to force the limit so they could all sprint through the dung.

I'm sure this isn't exactly what happened but I'm moderately sure it had to do with the monster limit.

Also I heard a rumor about changing some of the settings to get less rooms or something. But I don't see how that could work.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I heard its the monster limit of 255 monsters per dungeon, only traps also count as monsters so each person would create a bunch of traps to force the limit so they could all sprint through the dung.

I'm sure this isn't exactly what happened but I'm moderately sure it had to do with the monster limit.

Also I heard a rumor about changing some of the settings to get less rooms or something. But I don't see how that could work.

Monster limit is a design flaw not sure how they could flip it on players saying it's bug abuse.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

exactly what naraku said, they shuldnt ban odin for their own mistake

the "glitch" was the npc limit, dungers who went faster than jagex thuoght they could released more monsters than the server allows

this means that some bosses were easier cuz their minions wouldnt spawn

this however isnt the dungers fault, they simply went as fast as possible and jagex couldnt comprehend that players want to gain fast xp

theyre banning players for their own mistake, its like releaseing chaotic weapons and banning anyone who uses them

a_final_name.png

3 days?? Should be 3 months.... thanks for caring about $$$ over legitimate players.

They better hurry up and turn every door into a guardian door. :idea:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

3 days?? Should be 3 months.... thanks for caring about $$$ over legitimate players.

K so Jagex should drop 1bil in some random person's invent and ban them for bug abuse according to your logic.

K so Jagex should drop 1bil in some random person's invent and ban them for bug abuse according to your logic.

no: the limitation isn't jagex fault.. It's a safety measure to prevent problems when too many dungeons are created (and thus consuming server capacity): without it there simply won't be runescape!

So those who say it's jagex fault, consider that: know that by doing those rushes you are forcing jagex to either buy more powerfull servers (and that will get expensive very soon as the servers are near max capacity) or lower the maximum players drastically. Yet always there will be a limitation! Thus those who are abusing the limitation are simply being selfish!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

no: the limitation isn't jagex fault.. It's a safety measure to prevent problems when too many dungeons are created (and thus consuming server capacity): without it there simply won't be runescape!

So those who say it's jagex fault, consider that: know that by doing those rushes you are forcing jagex to either buy more powerfull servers (and that will get expensive very soon as the servers are near max capacity) or lower the maximum players drastically. Yet always there will be a limitation! Thus those who are abusing the limitation are simply being selfish!

remember when the max monster hp was 255? now 3 monsters in rs have 20k hp

im sure jagex can get around the standard 8 bit limit, maybe have a ml of 511 instead of 255

a_final_name.png

Watch out for S U O M I, he's picked up a very fast pace in the last few days and could max out mining as soon as early next week.

Being a slayer fan myself, it's also nice to see some top players training that skill aswell ( Balmung Pro, Zarfot, Jdelacroix, Drumgun, Lan and Kingduffy) with Balmung Pro closing in on 100M xp slayer. The collateral XP gains in effigy skills are also fun to watch, this will give slayers a headstart on difficult or slower skills (RC, Agility, fishing)

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Anyone with over 10 minutes of play time is taking too much server space and must be banned! Anyone who gained a level took up more memory than necessary to play the game! Oh wait... :rolleyes: poor logic altogether, mainly because the monster limit has been identified as a glitch BY JAGEX and the fix is on the way...

Definitely should not have banned for ML related activities. I didn't know about the overload trick but up to you to spend the money and invest in 96 herblore or equivalent in the first place to do it. Resetting deaths was a pretty big glitch but not too many people used it. Any way you sketch it up, not having the courtesy to tell players why they are banned for bug abuse on an unannounced "crackdown" is just a terrible decision.

2496 Completionist

Well, considering that a common expression I have heard in the dungeons is "you got jagex'd" when something bad happens, jagex may in fact be trying to prove it true. The overload glitch and death resetting were actual glitches, but when the monster limit was jagex's fault. If you make something that doesn't work correctly, and people use it while it is broken, then you should expect things that you do not want to happen, to happen.

If you sell someone a broken bucket, and they don't even get out of your store before the bucket breaks and spills everything all over your property, it is not their fault. You messed up, you screwed your own property up.

Banning people because the monster limit made some bosses incredibly easy (skeletal trio, necrolord) is ridiculous.

pere_grin.png

As I understand it, people intentionally set up a lot of traps up to abuse the bug to remove the minions in those boss rooms. That is just as much bug abuse as the other two.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

As I understand it, people intentionally set up a lot of traps up to abuse the bug to remove the minions in those boss rooms. That is just as much bug abuse as the other two.

If the players did not know that the monster limit was actually a bug (which, NO one knew that), it would fall under the category of emergent gameplay. They knew there was a limit, so they exploited Jagex' flawed system. Players should never be banned for emergent gameplay. That'd be like Suomi getting banned for superheating while he mines.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Exactly. Why should the top dungers be banned just because they're ultra-pro at rushing? I doubt they knew monster limit was a bug anyway.

Though for some bosses, monster limit can be a big hassle... Gravecreeper being one of them. And for Necrolord, I hear you can tele out of the boss room to make all the skeletons disappear.

I just hope the top dungers get unbanned soon... this is ridiculous.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

but do u honestly knwo how easy it would be for jagex to fix this?

you attempt to set up a trap in the waiting room or the pro boss room

"you cannot set up a trap in a room with no animals to catch"

or if 10 traps are set up in a room with 1 monster, then that 1 monster is caught and u still mled 9 spots

"after 3 minutes your trap has decayed" boom you get minions spawned all over you

a_final_name.png