Strange power

viralaether

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any university degrees or anything, but that appears to be a map of an island.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I read on runescape wikia that tons of people gathered in world 66 after the 'earthquake'. Runewiki article is named 'Strange power'.

People started creating a graveyard. Here's its current state. (I contribued :) )

faladorgraveyard.png

Getting bigger and bigger!

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Not really to due with the what the update is for but in regards to the event I kind of like the way Jagex has been dealing with updates lately. Changing little things before the update to get ideas going is much more fun then reporting "hey here is what next week will have."

OT: El_Snubbe beat me to it but yeah earthquakes are measured on a logarithm scale so 10x only applies in multiples of 1. But this also doesn't address the issue of energy released (I'm assuming what you really are referring too when you talk about being stronger) in the quake itself. That is determined by (10^(difference in magnitude))^(3/2). Thus the 9.4 has about 4000x more energy released than the 7.0.

All skills 80+

This may be shaping up to the next Sea Slug quest

Please don't get my hopes up like that.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Oh, darn, why am I never on to see these things.

Looks like a hint towards next week's update to me. If it is true that everyone turned to face GWD, then I believe our mysterious door will be opening very soon :thumbsup: Hopefully this is the new dungeon with the death mechanic, and also the "from below it devours" from the CE letter as well.

On a slightly related note, I believe the new death mechanic will be on a timer. The area behind the Frozen Door seems to be underwater, therefore, it's only logical we will have a specific air supply, and must complete our goals in that area within a set amount of time.

am I the only one who finds the slug storyline really boring? especially with those embarrassing children chat heads (that are quite scary actually)

OK can you tell us where you put MHL and why you have her brain?

Anyways, that graveyard is glorious! How the hell and why the hell did they do it though?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

am I the only one who finds the slug storyline really boring? especially with those embarrassing children chat heads (that are quite scary actually)

I do too actually, I've gone from:

A 10 - "Oh my god red purple mist run around chasing up leads and talking to npcs what could this relate to"

To..

A 2 - "More sea slugs, help that kid again he'll probably lose his toy truck and then get possessed and float again.

Image from Kenniths Concerns (taken from Runehq *booooo*)

evilkennith.png

strikes a resemblance? Needs to learn to share his toys though

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Anyways, that graveyard is glorious! How the hell and why the hell did they do it though?

The world is ending, it is only logical to commit suicide so we can move on to Runescape heaven peacefully. I herd they has cookies and SAILING.

What the hell is a death mechanic???

But, anyway, if it really is a new gwd boss, it should require a kill of each gwd boss WITHOUT TELEING OUT IN BETWEEN before access through the frozen door should be allowed.

That should test high level's hybriding/durability skills and make it nearly impossible to solo without nearly perfect gear/overloads/special new prayers

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The area behind the Frozen Door seems to be underwater, therefore, it's only logical we will have a specific air supply, and must complete our goals in that area within a set amount of time.

Open Door -> release all of that water. Depending on the size of the room it could either flood the GWD or make our socks slightly damp.

Oh, darn, why am I never on to see these things.

Looks like a hint towards next week's update to me. If it is true that everyone turned to face GWD, then I believe our mysterious door will be opening very soon :thumbsup: Hopefully this is the new dungeon with the death mechanic, and also the "from below it devours" from the CE letter as well.

On a slightly related note, I believe the new death mechanic will be on a timer. The area behind the Frozen Door seems to be underwater, therefore, it's only logical we will have a specific air supply, and must complete our goals in that area within a set amount of time.

No they didnt face Gwd, They face north east of the Wild (check the picture on first post) Looking the way of the wilderness volcano

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

The area behind the Frozen Door seems to be underwater, therefore, it's only logical we will have a specific air supply, and must complete our goals in that area within a set amount of time.

Open Door -> release all of that water. Depending on the size of the room it could either flood the GWD or make our socks slightly damp.

How dare you.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

opinion=/=crazy troll

it's the only quest storyline i really dislike lol

strikes a resemblance?

evilkennith.png

yeah that's a good match, and if the witchhaven villagers' chat is related then it looks like this is what we're in for.

doesn't really explain why jagex are making such a big deal out of it, and the event happening across f2p too.

unless they're just trying to disguise the trail (i.e not making the event happen only to people who've completed slug quests so far)