**New Quest - Rune Mechanics**

Orc

It's on my basic clothing skirt, wizards robes, ya know, anytime I've ever seen anyone using it.

I haven't had that issue with the clothing I've worn hopefully it'll be fixed soonish although it's not a high priority fix

I wonder if it will be reset if someone accidentally removes their friend, though.

Yes, the game stores up to ten "accidental" removals.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized, this is basically confirmation that mage training will not be undergoing improvements, as this would have been the perfect excuse to implement them.

On the note of confirmations, might this be one from JaGEx implying that they are nearly finished with some of these highly anticipated areas? - Castle Drakan, Menaphos, expanded Tzhaar, Elven stronghold (briefly forgetting their half-[wagon] excuse as to why it's empty)

They are allowing us to peak inside these places (even if they're all or mostly empty). Maybe that means nothing, though...

2dgucz6.png

[hide=Penance Trident]

EDIT: It really is sad that such an interesting little item like the bullroarer which has been around for ages has been ruined by a few idiots...

The ones who couldn't turn their area sounds off? <_<

What did they think they'd solve by adding this?

penancetrident.png

Is this even a mage staff anymore?

http://forum.tip.it/public/style_emoticons/dark_skin/rolleyes.gif

Well, it's better than Dragon Spear but gives magic offense too. Maybe people can use magic to lower Corps defense now? lol... :mellow:

I don't know what they solved, but it has fancy bonuses in random places. And I can hit 20+ with it without the special now. The whole set rivals full rune with d scim with barrows gloves and climbing boots. Pretty good for free stuff. (Free in that it's a reward for playing a minigame I used to play just for fun.)

[/hide]

With the master trident they made it a hybrid melee and magic weapon. Speed of a whip with decent stats, especially stab, for a couple hours of playing what I find to be a very fun minigame. A trident without melee would just be silly, giving it magic bonuses just sweetens the deal although it would be nice if it had a +10% damage bonus. Maybe add +10% if you reach level 5 in each role or something?

200000000.png

[hide=Penance Trident]

EDIT: It really is sad that such an interesting little item like the bullroarer which has been around for ages has been ruined by a few idiots...

penancetrident.png

Well, it's better than Dragon Spear but gives magic offense too. Maybe people can use magic to lower Corps defense now? lol... :mellow:

I don't know what they solved, but it has fancy bonuses in random places. And I can hit 20+ with it without the special now. The whole set rivals full rune with d scim with barrows gloves and climbing boots. Pretty good for free stuff. (Free in that it's a reward for playing a minigame I used to play just for fun.)

[/hide]

With the master trident they made it a hybrid melee and magic weapon. Speed of a whip with decent stats, especially stab, for a couple hours of playing what I find to be a very fun minigame. A trident without melee would just be silly, giving it magic bonuses just sweetens the deal although it would be nice if it had a +10% damage bonus. Maybe add +10% if you reach level 5 in each role or something?

If that's the case then they need to rephrase the examine and just take off the magic requirements and bounuses. It has no use to magic and is a waste of time to use it for that purpose.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

[hide=Penance Trident]

penancetrident.png

[/hide]

If that's the case then they need to rephrase the examine and just take off the magic requirements and bounuses. It has no use to magic and is a waste of time to use it for that purpose.

Glad that you guys realised that this is how your mystic/battle/normal staves differ from each other as well. Melee stats ftw.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

So with this new quest you can get 299 qp? So next quest could possibly give you only 1 qp for 300 total and therefor it could be "easy" quest? Summoning came with an easy 1 qp quest? So the next quest could be related to the new skill? :ohnoes:

Mmkay, it's kinda far fetched... :P I like the most those new trade limits. (grr only 140k with most of my firends, need to do more quests)

Sephy.png

So with this new quest you can get 299 qp? So next quest could possibly give you only 1 qp for 300 total and therefor it could be "easy" quest? Summoning came with an easy 1 qp quest? So the next quest could be related to the new skill? :ohnoes:

Mmkay, it's kinda far fetched... :P I like the most those new trade limits. (grr only 140k with most of my firends, need to do more quests)

There are master quests that give 1 qp.

priest_wiz.png

That's pretty nice for the updates this week.

Also, if you have the Runescape webpage, it now says "Runescape - The Number 1 Free Multiplayer Game" instead of the old title.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And novice quests that give 6 qp.

and intermediate quests that give 2 qp

and intermediate quests that give 2 qp

And grand master that give 5qp

:razz:

Orc.png

No Novice Quest gives 6 qp.

No Novice Quest gives 6 qp.

Oops, I really thought Rome & Juliet gave 6qp instead of 5 :P

Good updates overall.

Trident still needs to be buffed up. Maybe if you have level 5 in each role, you can get the trident to have +27 magic attack, +10% damage bonus, a special attack that either kills a level 60 or lower monster in one hit OR takes off a third of a player's hp, and keep the melee stats. Oh, and give the upgrade a requirment of 500 points in each role. Then maybe it can stand up to the Master Wand, which is pretty much better in every way except the new melee stats and the mostly useless special attack (The accuracy and damage bonus from wand far outweighs the 1 in 60 chance of saving a few runes). Or is it not "balanced" enough to have an alternative to the Master Wand? Seeing as with the Master Wand and the Unholy Book, you get +28 magic accuracy, +5 prayer, and +10% damage bonus. I mean, come on. Now it requires 70 attack. Why can't it be almost as good as the Wand? It's not even buyable, you have to play BA over and over again..

Stat changes to Penance Armor is cool. The prayer restore already had some good uses (not prayer combat, though, it's outperformed hugely by prossy. Try theiving while spamming redepmtion), but I'm glad the old stats were put back.

A novice quest is fine, we haven't actually had one of those in awhile.

Trade is cool.

Mint cakes are lulzy and I don't care.

Bull Roarers got annoying, and YES I DID TURN MY SOUND OFF.

Orb of Occu-whatever is something that could be used for more than movies.

Good updates overall. Trident still needs a buff.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

My biggest complaint is that the quest is a 'sequel' to rune mysteries... what exactly did we learn about runecrafting? Other that enchanted stuff and rune essence is very magical.

Combination runes... That was one of the main elements in the quest...

I wonder: Does JaGEx think that people don't craft combination runes because they lack the knowledge to do so? If so, they're pretty far off. People don't craft them because they're relatively useless compared to the effort put in, and plenty of monsters drop them.

2dgucz6.png

My biggest complaint is that the quest is a 'sequel' to rune mysteries... what exactly did we learn about runecrafting? Other that enchanted stuff and rune essence is very magical.

We learned how to bind runes.

Couldn't we already do that? and not only that but there was already an explanation?

We learned how to bind runes.

Couldn't we already do that? and not only that but there was already an explanation?

It was probably supposed to be like that Mahjarrat quest that came out late last year that didn't do much to further the story, but gave a lot of introduction material as to who the mahjarrat were and what was going on. Yes, it's late in the game, but it serves as something of an introduction quest for players who do the mahjarrat series in the future to do.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but has anyone else noticed that the Rune Guardian pet's dialogue was lifted from The Sphinx's "wisdoms" from the movie Mystery Men?

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but has anyone else noticed that the Rune Guardian pet's dialogue was lifted from The Sphinx's "wisdoms" from the movie Mystery Men?

Heard it on RSOF but I haven't seen the movie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------