12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

A quick question regarding leveling this skill quicker. Do you get more exp if you kill all the monsters in the rooms or if you just skip over them will you get the same experience?

Your xp is only based on the floor, the prestige, and those other modifiers you see at the end. You can leave every monster minus the boss and gain the same xp. So don't feel the need to waste your time killing all monsters.

According to the knowledge base your statement is wrong. It says that the level mod modifier is calculated by doing something to your total level and combat level and then subtracting from the % bonus up to a max of -25%

This can be found :here, but you'll have to scroll down a tiny bit.

(second last paragraph of that section)

1yrb49.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info on prestige score everyone, think I finally figured it out.

45dungeon.jpg

... *throws hands up in air*

I reset my prestige at level 5 for some reason. Thought it would be good to redo all the previous floors with some better experience. Was going good, until I decided to try out what would happen if I hit reset again. GF level 5 prestige...

guido_49.png

A quick question regarding leveling this skill quicker. Do you get more exp if you kill all the monsters in the rooms or if you just skip over them will you get the same experience?

Your xp is only based on the floor, the prestige, and those other modifiers you see at the end. You can leave every monster minus the boss and gain the same xp. So don't feel the need to waste your time killing all monsters.

According to the knowledge base your statement is wrong. It says that the level mod modifier is calculated by doing something to your total level and combat level and then subtracting from the % bonus up to a max of -25%

This can be found :here, but you'll have to scroll down a tiny bit.

(second last paragraph of that section)

Edit, ok i see what you mean. I guess those unkilled do affect here, here is the quote from the kb for those who care.

"A similar principle applies to the Points Mod multiplier. The size of this positive multiplier is initially determined by your combat level and skill total, but it is reduced for each creature you leave undefeated at the end of a dungeon, up to a negative multiplier of -25%! If you and your team have enough food, weapons and armour to defeat all remaining monsters at the end of a dungeon, it is often worth backtracking to kill them. "

Although from personal experience, this doesn't really affect me. I always leave everything that i don't have to kill alive, and i always end up with 126%+ of my base xp so don't worry about it. There are more important things that affect your xp.

jpegsigtest.jpg

from my understanding, people are taking this update more as a mini-game then an actual stand alone skill. I briefly read a little bit about the skill, mainly in the rants sub forum on runescape.com, and gathered enough information to get the jist of things.

1) you can only train the skill in a sanctioned area.

what is runecrafting? you make runs to and from an altar that transports you to a disconnected area.

False. When runecrafting, there can be MANY people on the way from the bank to the altar, and MANY people at the altar. There is human interaction throughout. There are also many altars,with different ways to get to them (ZMI, abyss, tabs). There is also an activity associated with it (GOP, FoG), both of which are very social.

2) you must do this skill in groups.

you aren't forced to. from what i've heard, soloing is a possibility. it shouldn't hurt to play along with other people. you don't go off to the corner of nowheres and cut a willow tree do you when you woodcut, do you? no. you probably cut magics in seers or willows in catherby. you don't fish alone do you? no. you probably fish with 20 other people in the fishing guild, or in catherby. basically, it is a nice way to interact with your fellow community members, meet new people, get help from maybe veterans of the skill (not now, but in the future)

In a party of 1-5. Which means no interaction if you chose to do it yourself, or relying on others and their ISPs if you don't. If you do it alone, you've contradicted your first point. If you do it with others, this is a valid rant.

3) the experience is slow

suck it up. jagex made runescape so easy, compared to RSC, that people expect to be handed their level 99 on a silver plate. it's nice to see a skill that you can't power level to 99 - or 120 - in a week. back in rsc, you used to have to make certs, take 10 minutes just to withdraw enough money to buy a rare, bury bones for weeks just to get to level 60, and have to sleep everytime you were fatigued. i think this skill will seperate the hard working, dedicated players, from the players who think they can buy a 99 in a week and not even have time to enjoy the skill.

I'm a pure F2Per, and I think the EXP is TOO SLOW. I've put up with slow skills. I've got 70 prayer, 76 runecrafting, and 94 strength. THOSE ARE SLOW SKILLS. THIS KNOCKS THEM OUT OF THE WATER.

I'm also upset that Jagex nerfed our XPing abilities deliberately.

4) you can't use the items outside of the skill area.

this is a minor problem, that i am sure jagex will address in the near future. you don't use a pickaxe outside of mining, or a tinderbox outside of firemaking, or a hatchet outside of woodcutting, or bones outside of prayer, etc. I am sure you could if you wanted to, but what does it benefit?

Just remember, it's a new skill. With 1000's of people pouring millions of minutes into this new skill, many complaints are bound to surface, and if the problems become that big of a deal, jagex WILL fix them. nothing is perfect over night. think of how long runescape has been active, how many updates each skill has received over that period of time, and how there might still even be some problems with skills.

The first thing Jagex did with the new skill was nerf the rate F2Pers could get XP. That was a slap in the face to us. The items that you can buy take huge amounts of experience / tokens to save up for. You think they could've foreseen these problems in the two years it took them to develop it?

Also, as a F2Per, I've gotten level 10 summoning related drops. It violates two categories - P2P and more P2P. Small oversight? I'd be a bit more foregiving if it wasn't two years in the making and if this content interacted with other areas of the game. But it doesn't.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I have to say that I like how instead of debating people's point some people just say the person's post contradicts, negates, lessens, etc the point trying to be made instead of arguing it. *cough* g00d *cough*

What the hell are you saying?

If you say "I love scary movies" and then say "This movie is too scary" how the hell can I trust your opinion on anything? Its just irrationality.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

*Compares this to Minigames. Fits w/ almost all of them in characteristics.*

*Compares to all skills (outside slayer, which I disagree is ANYTHING like this "skill") nothing like them.

*Choses category to put this update->minigame*

Its very nice content. My main caveats are:

1. It seems more like a minigame.

2. The rewards are amazing, but unless the tokens come in faster, or by some other method, at higher levels, you will need a very high dungeon level to buy equipment that is unlocked levels before.

3. It shouldn't be based off XP, but off skill, ability to get to a certain level, clearing levels, etc. More like raiding. Because, in essence, you need to *grind* to get to new content, or so it seems.

You still arent supporting your claims in any way.

You cant just say that this skill SEEMS LIKE a mini game. You have to give support for your arguments in order for them to be valid. You just say "This skill is nothing like other skills." without giving a detailed analysis of the specific features. If this is your argument, I offer you a counter argument "This skill is EXACTLY like other skills." Who can win this way? It isnt a discussion. You need to elaborate.

But honestly, if YOU (just yourself) want to hate the skill because "OMG it feels so liek wrong" then thats fine by me. Not everyone chooses to come up with rationalities to guide their life. Hell, its why religion exists (and is so popular).

But my problem lies with the fact that people are saying that Jagex NEEDS to change the skill, or that the skill IS flawed, or that the skill IS a mini game. If you want to say that YOU THINK it is a mini game, then fine. No ammount of reason or evidence will convince you otherwise since your judgements arent based on anything factual.

I just have a problem when people say this game IS something, or factually NEEDS something, because they are just giving their irrational opinion on the subject and treating it like it is a fact.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Man after looking over how much other people are getting and how fast people have leveled I think I'm doing something wrong here. After about 6-8 hours of playing this skill I'm only level 17 and I can't figure out what I'm doing to make me level so slowly. Should I be resetting my prestige by now or what should i be doing to help speed this process up.

All skills 80+

Removed part of quote - Jimmy_Jim

But honestly, if YOU (just yourself) want to hate the skill because "OMG it feels so liek wrong" then thats fine by me. Not everyone chooses to come up with rationalities to guide their life. Hell, its why religion exists (and is so popular).

As I said, people can have whatever opinions they want, as long as they keep it to themselves.

But people are presenting their ideas like they are somehow a logical truth, trying to convince people that their way is right, and trying to gather support to influence Jagex.

Its just pointless. I hate people. They just cant think.

Im so frustrated right now. You guys cant even defend yourselves for why this skill is any more of a mini game than other skills.

Why is the dungeon world different from the POH world?

Why does the "token" system make less sense than a "point" system in slayer?

Why is this skill NOT "a part of the game" despite the 20 useful rewards? How is this skill less a part of the game than, say slayer?

What do you do slayer for? The item rewards. What do you farm for? The item rewards. What do you do summoning for? Acess to features that make your lives easier. Dungeoneering offers that.

Another crazy complaint: this is a mini game because you cant use your outside items.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS? The point of the skill is to test your resourcefulness in a setting where your survival is at stake. If you could just walk in with all your outside items then there would really be no point to the skill. Do you use fishing tools to do your slayer assignments? Do you use a tinderbox to harvest your crops? Each skill has its own set of tools. A purposeful lack of tools is just as significant.

Myweponsgood.gif

@Myweponsg00d

Every single aspect of Dungeoneering points straight to a minigame. The skill itself was originally a concept and design of Jagex' third (after Mechscape) MMO. The idea of this skill was never brought into a skill until somebody at Jagex decided it should go into Runescape. There really needs to be no argument on whether this is a skill or not because it is clearly a skill in Jagex' eyes, but the facts still stand that it was a Game in itself until it was put into Runescape, therefor think of it as a [Mini]Game.

Every single one of the minigames in Runescape can be easily converted into a skill if it were given an XP reward.

I think it is a horrible idea of Jagex to make this into a skill. It doesn't need to be a skill, however it would be nice for it to be a large part of the game. Instead of it being forced into the skill list, add it into the clan tab just like lootshare is. I don't see a problem with team based gameplay, but at least put it in an appropriate spot in this game such as the clan tab, considering it is such a huge update and will be used by a large amount of people. Even if it wasn't a skill it would be used because it is fun to play. Castle Wars isn't a skill, yet plenty of people play it.

Stellactic.gif

@Myweponsg00d

Every single aspect of Dungeoneering points straight to a minigame. The skill itself was originally a concept and design of Jagex' third (after Mechscape) MMO. The idea of this skill was never brought into a skill until somebody at Jagex decided it should go into Runescape. There really needs to be no argument on whether this is a skill or not because it is clearly a skill in Jagex' eyes, but the facts still stand that it was a Game in itself until it was put into Runescape, therefor think of it as a [Mini]Game.

Every single one of the minigames in Runescape can be easily converted into a skill if it were given an XP reward.

I think it is a horrible idea of Jagex to make this into a skill. It doesn't need to be a skill, however it would be nice for it to be a large part of the game. Instead of it being forced into the skill list, add it into the clan tab just like lootshare is. I don't see a problem with team based gameplay, but at least put it in an appropriate spot in this game such as the clan tab, considering it is such a huge update and will be used by a large amount of people. Even if it wasn't a skill it would be used because it is fun to play. Castle Wars isn't a skill, yet plenty of people play it.

So ignore the fact that it's called a skill. It being a skill doesn't affect the actual gameplay at all. You are complaining for the sake of complaining.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@Myweponsg00d

So ignore the fact that it's called a skill. It being a skill doesn't affect the actual gameplay at all. You are complaining for the sake of complaining.

So ignore the fact that the gameplay of it points towards a mini game. Anyone can put on a some make up and a dress and call themselves madonna, but that doesn't make them madonna. Jagex can say this is a skill, but that really doesn't make it one.

As for the sake of complaining. You are on a discussion board, what do you really expect. It's not like he sat there complaining on how horrible every aspect of it is, he expressed his feelings on the classification by jagex. Ironic in my opinion. Jagex changes the name of hitpoints and minigames to better represent what they are yet they come out with this.

Edit: I am expecting jagex to come out with something in the future that will really tie this into the rest of the game. They always seem to be the dreamers more concerned with the future rather than the here and now like the players are. But even in that case why release something so unincorporated. Perhaps to give us time to train and get used to it? I guess time will tell.

jpegsigtest.jpg

@Myweponsg00d

No, we are arguing for principle. Much like how the summoning tab was removed simply because it did not fall in line with their concept of what tabs should be, Dungeoneering does not fall in line with what a skill should embody. At least, not yet. if more dungeons are added, and some other changes made, then perhaps it will be conceivable for this to be a skill, but for now, this skill might as well be called Daemonheiming,

fishing.gif

@Myweponsg00d

I'm not complaining about the update, the huge addition to this game, or the fact that we were given such a big update that is actually quite fun. I'm just saying this update is not a skill.It is Jagex' mistake to call it a skill, and they need to step back a bit and think a bit about what they've done.

This is one heck of a minigame that they've created, and it really makes Runescape a better game. Unlike many of the previous minigames we have currently, it uses XP to track your progress, rather than giving you tokens, tickets, or points to track your progress. It's like barbarian assault on a whole other level, which is good. Now it's up to Jagex to change every other minigame and make things a little more organised. How about Jagex add a new tab for Minigames next to the skills tab, then place the progress we have on all of our minigames in this tab, including Dungeoneering. It would no longer be a skill, and still be a great update.

The bottom line, however, is that it's just not a skill and needs to be addressed properly.

Stellactic.gif

Soloing is definitely possible, but it can get quite boring. So far I'm level 20 and I have only done a two-floor duo run when I ran into a friend. This "skill" is pretty fun to do once in a while, but it isn't without flaws:

1. I know the difficulty should be scaled to the player's levels so that high levels can still find some challenges, but it is scaled too much IMO. You have 99 firemaking? They give you a level 100+ firemaking obstacle to overcome. You have max combat? The monsters will simply get tougher. This is very random, though. I've seen level 3 monsters sharing the same room with a level 90+.

2. During the duo run I found the skilling parts biased too much towards the higher level player. I have 2300+ total and my friend has 1500+, not very high, but definitely not noobish. Yet he couldn't skill because all the resources were too high leveled and had to rely on me for supplies. He didn't have too much fun since he could only join the combat parts, and I felt it was more babysitting than cooperating.

Along the whole discussion of is this a minigame or skill I would have to say if they keep it as it currently is it definitely is more minigame designed but still quite fun and creative. If however they do what I am fairly sure they will (due to the fact that we unlock all levels of the dungeon quite early on in the skill) and add more dungeons that you can accessed and train in I can see this having more of a skill feel. It would also be nice to see future dungeons actually require a certain dungeoneering skill in order to access certain bosses within and follow a similar system but allow for players to bring in their own supplies and actually keep boss drops (think of a place like GWD but you need certain dungeoneering level to access). It would also be nice if they added more dungeons in and then had something similar to a slayer master that gave you tasks to complete in the dungeons like go to this dungeon and complete level 15 or allow for specialty items that are dropped so the task could be like collect the horn of To' kash something to make it more assigned tasks and allow for some sort of reward for following that. That to me would make it have a more skill feel.

All skills 80+

46 pages of complaints and responses to complaints, 5 pages of useful info. Can you guys stop feeding the trolls (they're easy to spot as they're usually the ones with larger post counts in a thread).

So it's a skill that's leveled with a mini-game, who cares.

Back on tactics:

1. What's the best item to bind: So far I've seen rapier and spear (of the highest level you can wield). On members Complexity 3 you start off with a level 7 weapon so bind that.

2. What's the best thing to skill in each dungeon: Thus far it's been leveling runecrafting (buy lots of rune, craft highest level)

3. What's the best tactic for a boss: Varied, however always drop a gatestone outside the boss's door. When you teleport away to safety, be sure to drop another gatestone before teleporting to the safe room and then again when you come back to the boss.

4. What's the best use of Prestige: Seems to be looping through the dungeon -

A) Run through all floors once so prestige is at max

B) Reset prestige then run through floors again start at floor 1

C) Track bonus at end to determine best floor to start at, since it's an average of floor and prestige level

5. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to restore prayer is with potions so keep eye out for aloe and the other herb.

6. On larger dungeons, it may be worth it to teleport back to the safe room to store all items picked up. The gatestone is very handy for this.

7. May be worth it to level other skills at spots along the way.

Now on to some questions:

1. Can you trade bound weapons? If is it better to make one or two guys the "Tank" with 3 or 4 other bound pieces of high level armor?

2. Are trade limits being imposed inside the mini-game?

3. Once a resource is depleted, will it return?

Some future update suggestions:

1. Better markings on the mini-map (Red M for monsters left, Symbol for type of key, Symbol for type of challenge, Symbol for gatestone).

2. Ability to bind outside items to bring into the minigame (the Godswords in here sounds epic), still limited by the bind count.

3. Ability to bind other skill based items in certain quantities such 25 of 1 type of seed, Axe, Pickaxe without counting against the player's other binding.

4. Prayer altar that's activated by bones (Prayer points restored equal to xp of bones offered to altar).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Ín my opinion, it is a skill, but just a complete different one from what we have now (hey, like jagex predicted :unsure: )

Anyway, I am sure jagex has already ready some new dungeons, and I am sure those will bring extra rewards, which will make dungeoneering one of the most loved skills when it comes to rewards, also because the rewards can not be traded, therefore leaving out the merchers which buy all the good, tradeable stuff like: spirit shields, godswords, slayer items...

Why do I think new dungeons have already been planned? Because the requirement for bosses only goes up to what, level 50? Plus, the whole concept of new dungeons would be rather straightforward to develop, as the principles and mechanics have been set now.

So in my opinion we are only looking at a first part of the skill.

whether you see it as a minigame or a skill does not matter: jagex called it a skill, so there you go; they won't change that :rolleyes: So now there is only one thing to decide: do you like it or not? Me personally, I like it.. although it is very slow, and I only haven been doing solo runs.

Btw, good thoughts on this thread everybody :thumbsup:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

5. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to restore prayer is with potions so keep eye out for aloe and the other herb.

I had an alter in one of my dungeons. This is still good advice though.

From what I can tell the answer is no.

whether you see it as a minigame or a skill does not matter: jagex called it a skill, so there you go; they won't change that :rolleyes: So now there is only one thing to decide: do you like it or not? Me personally, I like it.. although it is very slow, and I only haven been doing solo runs.

I agree. I think it's a step in the right direction for future skills and content. I think it could've been implemented in the game much better though. Hopefully they'll open it up a little more soon.

rssig2.png

Last word from me in this direction of the topic.

Aren't it the only rewards from the slayer skill itself the better monsters to kill and the (after smoking kills) point reward system ?

Dungeoneering has bigger dungeons and ... a point reward system ?

Slayer can exist, and pretty much existed without a point system. You don't trade points for abyssal whips and granite mauls either; the abyssal demon and gargoyles drop them. 10 bucks to whoever can guess which monster drops which item. :rolleyes:

If Dungeoneering can get rid of the token system, such that I loot/obtain/earn my rewards off opening difficult rooms, passing complex puzzles, defeating and looting boss monsters, then I won't have THAT much to say about it. If non-overpowering resources such as potions, fish, summoning pouches that fills a certain gap in their respective skill can be brought out of the dungeon in limited quantity per trip(or even become tradeable), such that I contribute to other skills as a Dungeoneer, even better.

You completely avoided the part of the statement that degrades your opinion.

Slayer's point system: do you like it or not?

Because general consensus seems to say that slayer after Smoking kills is much more enjoyable than it was before. If a point reward system can make one skill more enjoyable, why can another skill not have a point system?

Late reply but....

It's generally more enjoyable for people who used to burthrope tasks they don't like. I don't burthrope my tasks, and my block list has only black demons (because I'm too cheap to melee through them with prayer). Generally I have the "I'm a powerful slayer, difficult tasks don't stop me" mentality, but most players have the "Let's block those tedious and non-rewarding task" mentality. In fact, people who use up all five slots improve the probability of "good" tasks like abyssal demons, so if you think that the points system and block list is optional, you're wrong. It's compulsory to make your slayer more 'rewarding', or you'll get less whips and whatsnot.

What about free runes, arrows, and abilities? Those can be given out without a points system either.

But you missed my point. Slayer has a points system, but the skill doesn't calculate EXP off it, nor are you rewarded with abyssal whips by exchanging points/tokens. You still get your EXP by doing what the skill is intended for; slaying monsters, and the points system is merely a bonus. Dungeoneering on the other hand depends fully on this EXP calculating system for everything. So instead of getting Dungeoneering EXP through opening rooms, completing puzzles and defeating the boss, or collecting parts off dead monsters to create your 'reward' such as my previous example with the coal bag, we have what we have now.

If Jagex wants to implement this adventuring thingy as a skill rather than as a minigame, then they should at the very least, make it FEEL like a skill. 10/10 for graphics and gameplay, 0/10 for implementation.

Which is a better way to reward players? Earning tokens as 1/10 of your EXP to trade with a NPC hoarding all the rewards for reasons I don't know, or this:

Say, you want the coal bag. We have a coal-eating behemoth as a boss. You kill it, the carcass remains on the ground. You harvest either a thick or thin behemoth hide from it. The carcass disappears when every member of the team harvest once. The bag takes 30 thick hides, 20 thin hides (or basically a number such that you have about enough hide by the time you have enough dungeoneering EXP for the next boss), and level 30 crafting to craft, for 10k crafting EXP. The bag's non-tradeable.

Right now the EXP (and hence token) calculating system is a pain with all the prestige issue, figuring out what boosts your EXP and what doesn't, whether the more teammates you have the better it is (from the previous posts it looks like one is good, two is better, beyond three and you might actually be getting the bad end of the deal)

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

NukeMarine wrote:

tactics:

1. What's the best item to bind: So far I've seen rapier and spear (of the highest level you can wield). On members Complexity 3 you start off with a level 7 weapon so bind that.

AGREED

2. What's the best thing to skill in each dungeon: Thus far it's been leveling runecrafting (buy lots of rune, craft highest level)

Thanks for the tip

3. What's the best tactic for a boss: Varied, however always drop a gatestone outside the boss's door. When you teleport away to safety, be sure to drop another gatestone before teleporting to the safe room and then again when you come back to the boss.

Each boss has it's owns tricks, but so far I have succeeded in meleeing them all, which I am sure will change at deeper floors?

C) Track bonus at end to determine best floor to start at, since it's an average of floor and prestige level

Seems to be the way, and currently I am killing all monsters, opening all rooms, but it seems others that level faster rush to the boss each time. Not sure if they use guide mode? I don't

Negative: I have come across some altars, but they are rare. Funny enough, when I ran out of prayer, an altar popped up in the next room.

My own observations:

- I use artisan potion to heighten my smithing skill, allowing me to make better armour. So far, I haven't needed it, but I hope this kind of adaptation will be needed in the largest, most difficult levels?

- I try to make a healer (blue charm, 2 blue crabs), because they increase EVERY food you eat with 90 LP, which has proven invaluable to me. Also, when I can make another, I make scrolls, and they heal similarly (but less) to unicorns.

- magic is the most helpful skill in my opinion. Not because of the combat spells, but because of: humidify for filling of vials, and indeed the gate stone which will become invaluable on larger floors for sure!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I had an alter in one of my dungeons.

From what I can tell the answer is no.

Ok, then I just didn't run into one yet, fair enough and thanks. Still, the game takes on a new twist when you can't pray.

Hopefully a "boss" guide comes out that takes into account party numbers and floor. The glutenous beast on floor one solo is not the G. Beast on Floor 30 Five player. Just the complexity of it all means such a guide will take quite a while.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

46 pages of complaints and responses to complaints, 5 pages of useful info. Can you guys stop feeding the trolls (they're easy to spot as they're usually the ones with larger post counts in a thread).

So it's a skill that's leveled with a mini-game, who cares.

Back on tactics:

6. On larger dungeons, it may be worth it to teleport back to the safe room to store all items picked up. The gatestone is very handy for this.

7. May be worth it to level other skills at spots along the way.

1. Can you trade bound weapons? If is it better to make one or two guys the "Tank" with 3 or 4 other bound pieces of high level armor?

Some future update suggestions:

1. Better markings on the mini-map (Red M for monsters left, Symbol for type of key, Symbol for type of challenge, Symbol for gatestone).

2. Ability to bind outside items to bring into the minigame (the Godswords in here sounds epic), still limited by the bind count.

3. Ability to bind other skill based items in certain quantities such 25 of 1 type of seed, Axe, Pickaxe without counting against the player's other binding.

4. Prayer altar that's activated by bones (Prayer points restored equal to xp of bones offered to altar).

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm still confused about how resetting prestige is good. Why would you want to complete all the previous floors if you are not stuck on your highest floor? I thought I would test out the reset button at floor 8, just to see what it would do, and boy was it a big mistake; after I reset I started getting junk prestige exp. Now I'm trying to powertrain through all the previous floors at complexity 1 just to get decent prestige exp again. So i'm not sure why you would want to do the previous floors again if you aren't stuck, seeing how previous floors offer less xp than your highest floor. And even if you are stuck on your highest floor, will the time spent having to do *all* the previous floors all over again be worth it?

1) No. Bound items become untradeable. A tank is still viable if you're fortunate enough to obtain really nice armor from a boss, and a team member is a capable smith.

2) No.

3) No.

More tips:

1) Don't under-estimate potions. They can help you past seemingly impossible obstacles. However, there's a glitch that disables boosted Herblore levels (98/94 Herblore didn't allow me to create a Strong Naturalist Potion).

2) Don't under-estimate magic. The damage scales much better, especially with the Strong Magic Potion yielding 6 + 6% (if the Knowledge Base can be trusted). At level 99, this is a 75% increase in damage... on top of your equipment. This is incredible, particularly in dealing with the many high defense enemies (most warriors are very vulnerable to magic, and nearly impervious to ranged and melee attacks).

3) Play with friends. Lots of friends. It may be slower, but in return, you can access larger dungeons (which means more time to build up and use your equipment), you get much more XP per dungeon, and most importantly, it's more fun.

4) When playing with a group, communicate. It's best if one person holds the money, and one person holds the keys. That saves a lot of confusion. Also, don't try to scout the room if someone else is scouting it - instead, one of you may get sent in, possibly to the boss.

5) Use Gate-Stones liberally.

6) Don't leave good food laying around, take the time to drop it in the main room. You may need it for the boss battle. Remember to use Beasts of Burdens for more food (Healing familiars are generally ineffective).

7) Boss fights aren't straight-forward, be ready for the gimmicks, and try to catch on quickly. Once you figure it out, make sure your team knows too - you don't benefit if your team mates die and suffer huge XP penalties, it will just slow you down later when they can't venture as deep.

8) Don't spend excessive time on resources you don't need. Since armor and money don't carry over, there's no point to get perfect sets of everything. If you think you'll need the armor, make the amount you'll need. If your team is running low on food, then take the time to catch some more. Don't gather every resource just because you can, you likely won't need it all. Particularly with small dungeons.

9) Binded ammunition is replenished after every dungeon. If you can't craft bloods, start out on Complexity 1, and have a team mate give you his or her blood runes. Get 125+, bind them. Now you'll start every dungeon with 125 Blood Runes (I would recommend against using the last one until the consequences are known, so really it's only 124). If you'd prefer to range, get yourself 125 Gorgonite or Promethieum Arrows and bind them.