12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

What I find dumb is that none of the other people tried EQUIPPING it. Seriously, no one attempted to equip the damn thing?

A boss drop goes into a random player's inventory. So the others probably didn't get the chance.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and binded the primal maul not knowing if I had just made the biggest mistake of my dungeoneering career.

Hardly a mistake considering if it turned out you didn't like the maul, a promethium spear is easy to get if you find a good smith.

(how is the maul though, in comparison to the spear?)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

and binded the primal maul not knowing if I had just made the biggest mistake of my dungeoneering career.

Hardly a mistake considering if it turned out you didn't like the maul, a promethium spear is easy to get if you find a good smith.

Its hard to find a 90 smith, and even if I do sometimes they don't want to make me one out of pure jerkiness, or sometimes they get pissed off at me for doing the infinite money trick for hours on end trying to scrap together the 416k needed. I got my prom spear because a very nice level 138 fellow with all 99s (except dungeoneering, of course) made me it along with a gorgonite platebody.

Prom spear had like 127 stab I think. Primal maul has about 157 crush. I know most bosses are weak to stab, but I think having a massive crush bonus will make up for it. Maul is only 1 speed slower than a spear too. But yes if I had a primal spear I would defintely choose it over the maul. If you have a choice of weapons, you should ALWAYS choose the spear.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Its hard to find a 90 smith, and even if I do sometimes they don't want to make me one out of pure jerkiness, or sometimes they get pissed off at me for doing the infinite money trick for hours on end trying to scrap together the 416k needed. I got my prom spear because a very nice level 138 fellow with all 99s (except dungeoneering, of course) made me it along with a gorgonite platebody.

Prom spear had like 127 stab I think. Primal maul has about 157 crush. I know most bosses are weak to stab, but I think having a massive crush bonus will make up for it. Maul is only 1 speed slower than a spear too. But yes if I had a primal spear I would defintely choose it over the maul. If you have a choice of weapons, you should ALWAYS choose the spear.

Not true at all. The maul's unique attack animation allows for some really, really interesting ways to deal with monsters.

Primal maul is rubbish and you're only dragging your team mates down if you don't use a prome spear.

Enjoy your unability to use stab or slash attacks.

Primal maul is rubbish and you're only dragging your team mates down if you don't use a prome spear.

Because making a spear of any other metal and just switching to it is SO hard right?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The maul's crush ends up making up for the lack of stab. Even if a boss is weak to stab, I can still bulldoze through its crush defense, however high it is, with my massive crush attack, hitting just as hard as I would using a stab weapon 40 points below it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

A little guide I made for my teammates to keep things organized on a 5:Large 30+ floor map.

It really does make things go a-lot easier when everyone knows where things are right away.

HowtoDung.png

I was playing the role of the skiller in that picture, the other 4 were out in the dungeon killing and harvesting resources. When full they would gatestone and dump off GP/charms/supplies and take anything needed, then teleport back. I kept potions full at all time (melee and prayer), any armor upgrades, Veng runes and teleport runes, and constant growing of herbs. System works quite well for large maps as there is no time wasted, and the team can stay potted and equipped the entire round.

PS. The inspect option on the ring is great for seeing who presently has what armor when it needs to be smithed.

Is teaming with random people in w2 better than soloing? Today I had quite a bad experience with the people as I spent over 2 hours to earn a massive 30k exp because the idiots wouldn't give me food so I died twice. I can solo in around 8 minutes earning 35k exp per hour.

Actually, I'm pretty sure using the 2H is the best choice in groups of 5, seeing as how you still have two attack types and a lot more power behind it.

~ And aside from personal experience I think this has been said here on this thread somewhere too...

Does anyone have a link to a list of monster weaknesses for Dungeoneering?

2dgucz6.png

Is teaming with random people in w2 better than soloing? Today I had quite a bad experience with the people as I spent over 2 hours to earn a massive 30k exp because the idiots wouldn't give me food so I died twice. I can solo in around 8 minutes earning 35k exp per hour.

Well the hard truth is solo exp sucks. The skill kind of forces you to team with other people. So no matter how frustrating w2ers are, just remember it is always better exp than soloing (unless your dying 5 times a dungeon, lol).

dangsig.png

I've been soloing from lv16-44. The random people are normally very uncooperative and all they care about is picking up drops. So even if in a perfect theoretical way teams earn faster xp, I'm sure soloing is faster and more enjoyable, unless you know your team.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

[spoiler=*saves picture*]

A little guide I made for my teammates to keep things organized on a 5:Large 30+ floor map.

It really does make things go a-lot easier when everyone knows where things are right away.

HowtoDung.png

I was playing the role of the skiller in that picture, the other 4 were out in the dungeon killing and harvesting resources. When full they would gatestone and dump off GP/charms/supplies and take anything needed, then teleport back. I kept potions full at all time (melee and prayer), any armor upgrades, Veng runes and teleport runes, and constant growing of herbs. System works quite well for large maps as there is no time wasted, and the team can stay potted and equipped the entire round.

PS. The inspect option on the ring is great for seeing who presently has what armor when it needs to be smithed.

so awesome

anyways even if you guys fail at finding good teams, you should at least be able to find a good duo partner.

duo isn't horrible xp, large maps are about an hour long on a good team, and up to 55k xp

compare this to medium maps which with a good duo are about 20 minutes, and up to 13.5k xp atm

a good duo is only 75% the xp rate of a good 5 man. there isn't THAT much pressure to do 5 man, especially on earlier maps.

Naaxi.png

The more I think about it, the more tantalizing the Maul is to me. It has the highest attack bonus of any weapon by far, including the c-long + defender. It is probably the best Waterfiends weapon, due to its high strength and massive crush attack bonus. Slow but powerful weapons are better against TDs than weaker but faster weapons. At Bandos and Sara, you still do quite a bit of normal attacking in teams (esp Sara), and the attack bonus would really help there.

For solo bosses (except TDs), the longsword would be best. For teams, I think the maul would be best, since you want the most damage possible in one or two hits.

td2sig.jpg

Well the hard truth is solo exp sucks. The skill kind of forces you to team with other people. So no matter how frustrating w2ers are, just remember it is always better exp than soloing (unless your dying 5 times a dungeon, lol).

Well we met a shadowforger lvl 503 today....

everybody (except 1 person who refused to go in) died at least 5-6 times..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Spear probably beats maul in DPS. Maul beats spear if you kite enemies at all.

"Kite enemies" ?

Just did a quick search on urbandictionary.com

Kite: to drag along an enemy in a MMORPG by attacking it with ranged spells or weapons

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

"Kite enemies" ?

Yea, as has been said - kiting's the process of attacking until the enemy is near, then running away a portion to dodge their attack and repeating. It's prevalent in a lot of other MMOs, but not so much in RuneScape. It's easiest with range-based attacks like Ranged and Magic, but with Dungeoneering especially it's quite possible to attack with a weapon like a maul, run a portion away then do the same, avoiding most / all of the enemies attacks.

It's obviously a lot more intensive, but it can be quite handy at times once you're used to the technique.

:blink: (That 1 person is a lol leecher. <_< )

I have a question, is it possible to receive bosses of this level in F2P, if doing a 5-man large, and all players are 110+ combat? Because it is already possible to meet tier 10 enemies on F2P medium duos, at my combat level of 84. So I'm assuming it's the same with bosses?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

:blink: (That 1 person is a lol leecher. <_< )

I have a question, is it possible to receive bosses of this level in F2P, if doing a 5-man large, and all players are 110+ combat? Because it is already possible to meet tier 10 enemies on F2P medium duos, at my combat level of 84. So I'm assuming it's the same with bosses?

You should have kicked him out. or if you couldn't leave the whole team.

Well, what if that person already did a whole lot of contributing stuff to the dungeon? Or maybe he doesn't want to receive exp penalties of the sort.

Kicking is kinda harsh tbh. Every player counts.

(And someone answer my question plz.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

its sad because of the summon update, you will never again see 600+ bosses

before the update there where plenty of 600+ bosses, now rooms difficulty (uncluding boss room) are only based on your f2p lvl not your lvl with summon

so now the highest bosses will only be like 500

i realy hope in batch 2 something chances because i want to see a 700+ boss that takes 5 guys in primal and full food, + familiar + strong pots to kill

a_final_name.png

Well, what if that person already did a whole lot of contributing stuff to the dungeon? Or maybe he doesn't want to receive exp penalties of the sort.

Kicking is kinda harsh tbh. Every player counts.

(And someone answer my question plz.)

Well if he/she was a skiller who contributed a lot before the boss I understand. But the whole "(except 1 person who refused to go in)" made it sound like someone was just leeching for exp.

there has been a few times when I had some low level skiller in my party who made food and pots for everyone but couldn't fight the boss himself because his combat stats were too low, which was fine because he still helped us a lot. But a guy cabable of fighting the boss refusing to help us for no good reason would be kicked out. Why would you keep a leecher in your party if his absence during the boss fight would result in a lot of lost exp for everyone else?

Note: "refusing to help us for no good reason"