What are YOU doing on bonus XP weekend?

stonewall337

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Circus for sure. But nothing else has been decided. I'm already maxed in all buyables, except Smithing and Prayer. But since SC tools and Altars don't work I won't be doing those.

Might just ZMI RC or do Agility, since those are skills I dislike the most.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Runecraft until xp meter goes down to 1.1. Then I'll use up my blue and red charms. Then go back to RC, as I need 77.

(Does anyone know if ZMI altar gets x2 bonus?)

The ZMI gets the same bonus as everything else except Summoning.

Got around 2.7k magic pots to make, dunno how much that will give me, but hopefully 84 or 85. Then make some special restores and super antifires with the herbs I got from MTK. Maybe do some rc and get 65 to make dungeoneering easier. Or maybe some agility. Finally, use whatever charms I have when the bonus goes down to 1.1x.

Staurolite.png

How much do you plan on spending? I think I've spent around 8m on fruit/tree seeds.

What skills do you plan on training? Farming primarily, slayer after that.

DO you plan on playing more then normal? Less probably, will be logging out between farming to maximise xp.

Expecting to get any 99's? No lol.

What order do you plan on training skills, if doing multiple skills.

1. Check health 5x Magic tree, 4x Palm tree, 1x Spirit tree, 1x Calquat tree and replant all but spirit tree. Log out.

2. Check health 5x Magic tree. Log out.

3. Check health 5x Magic tree, 4x Palm tree and maybe Calquat tree but it probably won't have grown.

At this point, depending how I feel, I'll either log out and get on with rl or get slaying, preferably a task like mutated 'velds.

I worked out I can get about 1m farming exp this weekend for the price of about 400k exp so I'll be trying to make the most of this but I may end up getting bored and slaying rather than maximising the bonus exp for farming.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I'd rather get some exp in a skill I don't already have 99 in (so no herblore/summoning/crafting etc), here's the analysis on some skills:

First, why people are choosing the most popular skills:

-Farming: easiest way to store exp, you get the vast majority of the exp from checking health and it can be done right away with a 2.7x modifier. Best skill to use it on since it takes little time to get max exp.

-Herblore: saves you the most money

-Summoning: goes without saying, you can cash charms faster than you can obtain them

On to the others:

-Fishing, easy AFK skill, no way to store exp or set it up to get it faster, no way to save costs (since it profits or incurs negligible costs), so you shouldn't train this unless it's one of your last few skills.

-Firemaking, no way to store exp, but training this with a modifier saves you money so it is a potential skill to train. However, it's quite a fast and cheap skill compared to other buyables.

-Mining/smithing: this is an interesting combo since you're getting bonus exp in two skills at once, however smithing exp is much less valuable than mining exp and you can already boost your exp per hour efficiently with the penance horn, which isn't available during bonus exp weekend. Possible to train but bad for BA players.

-Agility, once again no way to store exp and no money factors, AND you can get an efficient modifier with penance horn, definitely should not train this.

-Thieving, same as Fishing really, you can only make money or incur no costs and there's no way to bank exp or store it up.

-Construction, this is interesting since it's inefficient to use SC hammers or other SC boosts, and you save money, but not really as much as Herblore and it's a very fast skill even with oak planks instead of mahogany planks. Definitely better than most other skills though.

-Slayer, you get tons of bonus experience in many different skills, but Slayer is usually more enjoyable to train and by powering it you miss out on a couple effigies which are worth a significant amount of time saved.

-Dungeoneering, this skill is probably the best use of bonus exp weekend after Summoning (which was nerfed) or possibly money savers like Herblore. Do all but the last couple floors you can do, then do some 5:5 larges for those floors (in reverse order), reset, then do 5:5 larges in reverse order. Since you can only do a floor once per reset, but you get the most exp for the highest floors, you can get ahead quite a bit by using the exp modifier on two sets of high floors, already having cleared the bottom floors so you can reset.

For example, the first dungeon you do with the modifier will yield 300k experience, the next 250-260k, and so on (unless you can't do them in that time, which means your exp will suffer by 15-20k...basically in one hour you got 450k dungeoneering experience which is usually 3-5 hours for good teams and down to 10 full hours for lower level/inefficient teams.

So I would go something like

Farming/Circus > Making Overloads > Top several dungeoneering floors then reset and do them again until 1.1x modifier > Use all your charms > do the rest of your 5:5 larges > x, with x being whatever activity you want to do after you've exhausted all the ways of getting a bonus off stored exp sources. This should be something that saves you money, dual-skill methods like using lunar spells to train skills or mining/superheating, Slayer, or a skill you heavily dislike.

But since I already have 99 Farming, Herblore, and Summoning, I'll just be doing dungeoneering til 1.1x modifier then training construction/mining/smithing.

2496 Completionist

How much do you plan on spending? Almost 20m on supplies, but it'll be worth it to me.

What skills do you plan on training? Herb, Summon Rc and maybe dungeon

How you plan on playing more then normal? I don't, I just play when I can

Expecting to get any 99's? No but i plan on getting 99 att this weekend

What order do you plan on training skills, if doing multiple skills. Herb, dungeon/RC summon

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

I had the stuff for 250 overloads and 175 super prayers banked, so i'll do that first. Hopefully that'll get me 850-900k herb exp. Then it's either barbarian fishing or living rock cavern superheating for me. I personally think buying buyables is easy at any time, it's only a matter of how much i can be bothered merchanting, which i hate to do. i would train agility or rc, but 99 hunter with butterflies, and 99 fishing with barbarian fishing *should* get me somewhere close to 98 agility, and ZMI rc is actually kinda relaxing.

a fishing level, or a smithing and mining level would be nice. i don't really plan my playing, it's up to what's going on irl at the time.

I was lucky and caught the update early, and i realized 30m profit off my measly cash-pile at the time. i expect most items will crash sometime this weekend, and it never hurt to sell for max a ge update or two early, rather than min at the same price at a later stage.

How much do you plan on spending?

Very little. All my herb and farm supplies have been built up with either slayer or MTK...the only thing really is money for shards and possibly secondaries for summoning.

What skills do you plan on training?

Farming and Herbie. Summoning when I hit the minimum multiplier

How you plan on playing more then normal?

Probably wont be on more than usual. Although, I say that now...

Expecting to get any 99's?

Nope.

What order do you plan on training skills, if doing multiple skills.

Farm -log- farm then herbie.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Tree run when I log in.

Gonna use my herblore supplies, hopefully I'll get 96 :3, maybe more ;D.

After that, I'm not really sure, maybe agility or...uhm...runecraft?, then I'll use my blues when I hit x1,1

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Just thinking about it...If I go in a dungeon with people and we wait there until they update, to end the floor, it could rake a huge bonus. don't know if it's feasible/legal, though.

I thought they did a system update last time?

Hameigh.png

Just thinking about it...If I go in a dungeon with people and we wait there until they update, to end the floor, it could rake a huge bonus. don't know if it's feasible/legal, though.

System update will close out your dungeon, so it wouldn't work.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I havnt really bothered to do the maths properly this time as the weekend multiplier kinda makes most of my resources surplus as I already had enough. So I dont know off my head how long things take to train with what I have.

I will do smith whenever I can. Otherwise I will be doing construction as its the most xp/gp resource of what I have left to do. After that I have lots of crafting stuff to do. Once multiplier runs out I will do my summoning at some point or other.

I dont know if I get a 99 or not but its possible I could get construction and/or crafting. I would probably stop at 99 and switch to the other but its unlikely even to get both unless its during when the multiplier is at its lowest already and I had nothing else to do.

Hard to say how much I would spend as I already had the stuff but I suppose it must be like 50-100m in resources that I propably wont use. So maybe upto 35-50m I guess. (Not including summoning resources that I also mostly already had.) Depends alot on the day itself and what is best for me to focus on. I will continue to spend more once the multiplier is at its lowest but that isnt far off normal training.

One thing for certain is I am doing absolutely no herblore! Got that last time...

I thought they did a system update last time?

I cant remember if there was a system update before the 2x thing but I know last time I was waiting ingame for the double xp to start working. 95% certain I remember me and others talking about why it hadnt activated yet, how confused we were and what not lol.

Meaning I was already ingame before the double xp began. So you could do a dungeon and wait inside the dungeon. You kinda basing that on luck though since you dont know if jagex will activate it straight away or not. Last time I remember it was late and I was waiting around for it to begin and then it suddenly began and I remember a message in chatbox or something?

So I suppose it is possible to get a dungeon finished and ready or at the very least you could begin one.

I dont remember though how long after an update that was. I dont remember if there was an update or not anywhere near the activation. Possibly there wasnt one on the same day. All I remember is waiting ingame for it to activate.

(I believe I logged in around the time it was meant to begin. Thats why I dont remember if there was an update. I wouldnt of necessarily known.)

BUUUT. Dont take that as a guarantee. Next time they may do an update as far as anyone knows.

No, they did not do a system update to begin XP weekend last time. You should be able to start a dungeon before XP weekend and end it when XP weekend begins.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I was going to train Herblore, but I decided it would be way to expensive so I'll just check trees and then either train Magic or Slayer then probably Summoning when my multiplier hits the bottom.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

How much do you plan on spending? A few hundred K for tree seeds and whatever summoning costs, other than that nothing.

What skills do you plan on training? Tree run which will get me nearly 75 Farming to begin. Then Circus for agility and ranged. Off to the Wildy course to get 70 Agility. Then I head to Pollnivneach to blackjack as much as possible before the 1.1x counter, I would love to get 80. After that use all my charms on summoning, and return to Slayer.

How you plan on playing more then normal? As long as I use up all my counter.

Expecting to get any 99's? Nope, unless I manage to get 99 Attack by that weekend. Unlikely for how little ive been playing due to school.

I'll do the Tree checking, potion mation and summoning at 1,1 strategy. I will also use all my daily battlestaff to get a lvl in crafting. I expect to get 1 herb lvl, 1 craft lvl, at least 3 summoning lvl.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563