Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna crop that there buddy. :P

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Well, my friend has decided to give me some $ after he gets his next big boss drop, so I'll be dungeoneering with you guys again. Looking forward to being under the teachings of you all, especially Toad. :P

:)

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

When can I get a dunge with some of you? Im sick of all the [developmentally delayed]s in W117, took me a week just to get 73-74 dunge because they all rage quit and dont do anything. :\

Popoto.~<3

Just read the guidelines and upgrade ring accordingly, and you can do floors with DGS.

azeem1992.png

When can I get a dunge with some of you? Im sick of all the [developmentally delayed]s in W117, took me a week just to get 73-74 dunge because they all rage quit and dont do anything. :\

Whenever you'd like. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Updated the wingman section. Hopefully it's a little more specific now:

-Wingmen / Wingwomen:

Wingmen are lieutenants (bronze stars) in the clan chat. Wingmen are recommended by keyers and ultimately chosen by admins based on their skill and knowledge of dungeoneering. There is no formal application or test - rather, the potential wingman should do his/her best to perform the functions of the rank in order to be noticed and recommended by keyers. All keyers (ranked or not) should designate at least one wingman at the start of every floor.

The wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer:

•  
  • In the case that the keyer disconnects, the wingman becomes the default keyer.
  • The wingman must watch the team closely so as to make corrections or give advice to teammates on efficient room-clearing. Similarly, wingmen must possess knowledge of combat mechanics such as side-stepping, trampling, and safe-spotting so as to teach their teammates as necessary.
  • The wingman should direct the team in the absence of the keyer. For example, the wingmen should be able to assign paths, tasks, or gates to teammates (unless the keyer says otherwise, of course). This includes breaking the team up if more than one person is at a puzzle or running a path, which is usually unnecessary.
  • The wingman must be able to educate the team on efficient puzzle-solving, which means knowing how each puzzle works and the various tricks to speed them up.
  • The wingman must possess miscellaneous knowledge such as efficiently making potions, ranged armor, ragers, and altars, which means making them without losing time or impeding the progress of the floor.

dgs5.jpg

I must apologize to my team today, Kelsd, John Mc, F45 and Litterbug. We have a tornado watch and it's going through my town. The internet is out and I'm using 3g on my phone to type this. I dc'd during the floor and I can't get back on. I'm deeply sorry.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Re-posting this. I added this information to the ranks section of the guidelines, as we use the corporal rank (two stripes) because of it.

Research is a major focus of DGS, and we're starting a DG Guide/Databook over at TEF.

Normally I collect data on my own, and pay money to a few players to help.

But I neither have enough free time on my hands nor enough GP in my bank to put into such a large project.

If you would like to volunteer, PLEASE CONTACT ME, through PM preferably.

There are details we need to go over before you collect your data.

Last thing I want is someone collecting data that ends up being useless.

I basically need you to count the # misses and non misses you hit on various monsters

The list of monsters we're interested in is here

So I actually really need people's help now.

Anyone that provides 2000 total data points to the log, or 1000 data points to a single monster in the log, will be given a 2 stripe rank as thanks for their contributions.

This does not particularly apply to wingmen and keyer ranks, but I still expect these people help with research as well.

I personally will be spending dozens of hours collecting data once I'm done maxing.

That being said: Please don't go about collecting data in the middle of larges though, unless the rest of the team is okay with it.

And thank you for the help of any volunteers that contribute.

And once again:

If you would like to volunteer, PLEASE CONTACT ME, through PM preferably.

There are details we need to go over before you collect your data.

Last thing I want is someone collecting data that ends up being useless.

dgs5.jpg

Something helpful i discovered,

at start if you have a decent amount of coins after toolkit, buy 2 more empty vials (100gp) and fill all 3 immediately.

and then ofcourse is what everyone does!! loot herbs and make unfs (with ur vials). also loot seconds, claw and moss are most important. also if you dont got a high herblore its better to let someone else take the lycos and winters grips unless they dont have vials of water.

even buckthorn and featherfoil are very useful, strong rejuv gives an extra 3 rager scroll uses on boss (and prayer) :D

if you dont use lyco/val/magebane by end u can easily make a melee potion as well for boss...

I know everyone's in the habit of taking off their hood for thundy but what do people think about unequipping hoods for other bosses too (only while meleeing of course)? Although it provides a small defence bonus it also has negative attack bonuses for slash and crush, should people get used to unequipping their hood while meleeing a boss?

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I know everyone's in the habit of taking off their hood for thundy but what do people think about unequipping hoods for other bosses too (only while meleeing of course)? Although it provides a small defence bonus it also has negative attack bonuses for slash and crush, should people get used to unequipping their hood while meleeing a boss?

Well for Thunderous it also helps you deflect more damage. I don't think the same can be said for every boss, as Thunderous is really the only boss that will hit you with only 1 combat style that you can be completely protected against (assuming your team doesn't mess up).